First of all let me thank you for all of the work you’re putting into this game. The new upgrade is great, and i love it. But I noticed two bugs while playing the new 1.7 version.

In 1.6 it happened from time to time that cartographers could not be attacked by special attacks like whirlwind or twister. But you could always attack them with your normal attack (in my case a gauntlet blast). That allowed you to still kill them. But in the new version today i encountered another cartographer that could not be attacked. This time I was not even able to damage him with my mainhand attack. This forced me to buy a new map in the shop, as I was not able to proceed the current map. Luckily I had enough gold ro do this.

The new mass conversion of gems is cool as well. But if you have enough money to convert one gem you can convert as many crystals as you want, even if it would (in theory) exceed your gold limit. All of the gems are converted and the cost is taken from your gold. If the price was higher than your gold then all of your gold is reduced to zero. This allows exploiting as you can convert as many gems as you want, as long as you have enough gold to convert one.

Thank you again for all of the work you have put into this game, it’s greatly appreciated.

Hey, I know the issue with part 1: if u kill the cartographer before he “loads” then he appears standing and you don’t get the loot. I was having that issue for a while with my aoe aftermath wizard. My workaround is to make sure I see the cartographer before I cast in his direction. Seeing him “loads” him. Hopefully this helped anyone having this issue.

TheOddEntity

Do any of you all use the automap reveal when hunting the cartographers? Is that how you are getting there quicker than he can load?

yes, i go straight to the carto b4 exploring the whole map.
To prevent buying a map.
I Will try what TheOddEntity suggest that will wait for the carto to load b4 engaging…
because i used to activate my spells b4 it will spawn and then the issue will appear that we can’t kill it with offhand spells…

Ok! Thanks for that info. Please let me know if the loading helps as well.

yup, will keep you posted. :smile:

Tuning that helped reduce issues that cause my damage to occur off-screen/cause the cartographer to become unkillable:
[ol][li]I’ve disabled auto-aim as it will often target objects off my screen (and even target the void outside the walls) and cause this to happen if I am in a room near the cartographers spawn area.
[/li]
[li]I make sure to use the reveal map feature so that I know when I am near the cartographer and teleport to him without damaging any mobs within two screens of him (to make sure he loads properly).
[/li]
[li]On EP1-4 I do not use shatter as it can instantly kill him just by teleport->shattering onto his load area where he should load.
I wait out his load time before using any of my damage skills.[/li][/ol]

I’d like to add that I have a bug with one of the achievements (crystal conversion for +2 stacks) deleting my whole inventory (well over a thousand crystals) and replacing it with an unusable 99999 dps lvl 0 orb that originally appeared as a white box with a blue question mark. I thought it may have been the reward and farmed a level crystal and leveled it up to level 90 +2 quality. I sent an e-mail to the support e-mail as directed in another bug post. Figured I should make this bug known.

TL;DR expanded conclusions:

It isn’t triggered by the reveal map. I’ve tested it under several scenarios and only as AoE aftermath wizard (with and without hirelings). with a range of 10yd (the max) I can meteor/comet it to death before it appears on my screen (tested by clearing whole rooms with/without reveal map. In both cases, the condition that caused him to die before “loading” was killing him either while he was spawning via AoE OR having AoE dmg (hitting the minion that are loaded next to him) kill him prior to his actual animations occur at all. I’ve noticed that with hirelings it happens less often because the hireling will run in the direction of my AoE causing spawn off my screen.

Just to help report I’ve seen this happen in 1.6 and 1.7 (my second cartographer in 1.7) the floor and EP so far hasn’t meant anything so long as the splash from the AoE can kill it before I get near enough to it (only 10M on a crit from meteor). I’ve even done it through walls with the twister proc and with auto aimed meteors that attempt to target units on the other sides of walls.

Honestly this bug has made the post-200 floor levels impossible to play on ep1-2 (haven’t gone farther then floor ~325) and I’ve actually had to nerf my AoE range in order to keep playing at those lower difficulties. On ep 3-4 I still am able to accidentally critical with a AoE range of +4yd meteor/comet. Also I avoid using poison+elemental crit as that can kill him from an even greater distance then my AoE alone. It is a great game and there are tons of other build choices that I’m looking into because this build is so hard to crawl maps with considering the limitations required.

I’d like to say that I have very little experience with tablet/phone-based gaming and yesterday looked up how to screenshot (I know I know…) on my nexus. Hopefully I can get a screenshot of what I’ve stated above occurring for analysis, but the auto-aim issue happens really fast and almost unpredictably.

[quote=“TheOddEntity”]Tuning that helped reduce issues that cause my damage to occur off-screen/cause the cartographer to become unkillable:
[ol][li]I’ve disabled auto-aim as it will often target objects off my screen (and even target the void outside the walls) and cause this to happen if I am in a room near the cartographers spawn area.
[/li]
[li]I make sure to use the reveal map feature so that I know when I am near the cartographer and teleport to him without damaging any mobs within two screens of him (to make sure he loads properly).
[/li]
[li]On EP1-4 I do not use shatter as it can instantly kill him just by teleport->shattering onto his load area where he should load.
I wait out his load time before using any of my damage skills.[/li][/ol]

I’d like to add that I have a bug with one of the achievements (crystal conversion for +2 stacks) deleting my whole inventory (well over a thousand crystals) and replacing it with an unusable 99999 dps lvl 0 orb that originally appeared as a white box with a blue question mark. I thought it may have been the reward and farmed a level crystal and leveled it up to level 90 +2 quality. I sent an e-mail to the support e-mail as directed in another bug post. Figured I should make this bug known.

TL;DR expanded conclusions:

It isn’t triggered by the reveal map. I’ve tested it under several scenarios and only as AoE aftermath wizard (with and without hirelings). with a range of 10yd (the max) I can meteor/comet it to death before it appears on my screen (tested by clearing whole rooms with/without reveal map. In both cases, the condition that caused him to die before “loading” was killing him either while he was spawning via AoE OR having AoE dmg (hitting the minion that are loaded next to him) kill him prior to his actual animations occur at all. I’ve noticed that with hirelings it happens less often because the hireling will run in the direction of my AoE causing spawn off my screen.

Just to help report I’ve seen this happen in 1.6 and 1.7 (my second cartographer in 1.7) the floor and EP so far hasn’t meant anything so long as the splash from the AoE can kill it before I get near enough to it (only 10M on a crit from meteor). I’ve even done it through walls with the twister proc and with auto aimed meteors that attempt to target units on the other sides of walls.

Honestly this bug has made the post-200 floor levels impossible to play on ep1-2 (haven’t gone farther then floor ~325) and I’ve actually had to nerf my AoE range in order to keep playing at those lower difficulties. On ep 3-4 I still am able to accidentally critical with a AoE range of +4yd meteor/comet. Also I avoid using poison+elemental crit as that can kill him from an even greater distance then my AoE alone. It is a great game and there are tons of other build choices that I’m looking into because this build is so hard to crawl maps with considering the limitations required.

I’d like to say that I have very little experience with tablet/phone-based gaming and yesterday looked up how to screenshot (I know I know…) on my nexus. Hopefully I can get a screenshot of what I’ve stated above occurring for analysis, but the auto-aim issue happens really fast and almost unpredictably.[/quote]

Thank you for the write up! This bug has been a very mysterious one for us, but we’ll continue to look into it. The difficulty was in causing the bug to happen on purpose reliably enough that we can track what’s happening to the cartographer.

i dot know if this helps but, curretly if he becomes untargettable, i just put on reflect and mana shield and let him reflect to death, wont work on -leech maps though