Bleed and Fire Damage... Really DQ?

Deleted offensive post. Stay civil please. :slight_smile:

Wait, what? My post got deleted because it was offensive? I am so confused! I thought I was helping out with an objective viewpoint!

1 Like

I wasnā€™t offended if that helps any. :ribbon:

1 Like

@Knutz oh those two got some nice builds. Itā€™s always 2-3 or 3-2 sometimes I end up 0-3 depending on how many times c.vortex and earthshatter activates. Good thing is I know why their build is better than mine. If I want to beat them 3-0 id have to make a totally different set and I dont have resources and time for that. Take a break from the arena manā€¦it can really get frustrating. = )

1 Like

Idk what actually happen to your fight again them or how your play style in arena. When I encounter your toon I can easily win 3-0, its my AI setup I guess that make it easy to counter for actual player. Above is my fight again rolling, idk why u take so much damage while u can see their damage on me is just as it stated. That is just with defiant to reduce some damage, I donā€™t have perservence affix thing.

IMO u have to change some on your build, and I actually still agreed with fire dot and bleed dot is crazy. There is reason for why I not use my Aphrodite build in arena,

That is old SS, taken on the day I remake my Aphrodite build and on that screenshot the main is just stay far a way I mean I let it 1v2,

@Knutz here some tips when fight against them, u can predict their AI setup on first match, their setup probably MH primary and special OFF, coat very often, skulldraga at range of 5-10 yard, avoid at max yard, survival mode at max %hp. To fight them, just use your bash skill and just wait they came with their enigma, once they blink on u, they will drop the skulldraga, at that time just use charge to knock them back and bash them. Push them from their skull draga, and run away, they not chase u, spam your OH skill so prayer can heal some HP lose and kite them till their enigma procs and they will die in that way.

1 Like

@f00kee: yeah they are brutal. My problem is resources as well. I have went from rags to riches and back to rags so many times it makes me cry lol. I convert and make convert and makeā€¦ itā€™s a painful process especially for a guy like me who doesnā€™t live on my phone 24/7 playing DQ haha. I give it as much as I can though. Yeah I hear ya on the frustrating part. what makes it so frustrating is the fact that there is really no defense to bleed and fire dots. you canā€™t block them. you canā€™t dodge them. you canā€™t miss with them. they land and they tick. poison dots dont do that much damage.

@cronos4321: this has nothing to do with winning and losing. I just fought you and this new build of yours is gravy to beat. not sure why you changed from fire to whatever you got going now as your fire build was hella fun to fight. tomorrow when I get a chance iā€™ll upload some funny screenshots I took of our battles. I didnā€™t even have to swing. I stood in one place and let you kill yourself haha. that vortex thing is so op haha. I have beat rolling and kissmyaxe too, but the point I was making was the fact that bleeds and fire is way out of control.

I do appreciate the advice. I just had a battle with kissmyaxe and applied your tactics. bash is really hit and miss as when he enigmas I can lose sight of him with all his cosmic orb spam. but I did win 3-1 so it wasnā€™t a total loss. what would help is if you can either pm me or upload a screenshot or some instructions on how to setup my ai in yards and often/normal/frequent/hardly etc. itā€™s amazing that dq has no guide on how to use such a complex set of materials for a major part of their game.

1 Like

the reason I change build to play and change elements too because it was boring fight when i play with fire lol. Too op

2 Likes

@Knutz actually, i am in epic league ahahah! Iā€™m a noob :3 i think im in epic, or legend either way, im a noob :smiley: by the way, i was thinking, can mana shield reflect that fire dot and bleed dot damage?

1 Like

@Ijyupe even if it can, i think reflect dmg doesnā€™t mean that you didnā€™t take that dmg, you still take that dmg but your enemy will take some % of your dmg

1 Like

@SilverKnight wellā€¦ at least you wonā€™t die as fast? hahaha :smiley:

I really want to know what your offensive post was because I must have missed it. Iā€™m curious. :innocent:

1 Like

@cronos4321: I can relate. salute to you for jumping outside the box. Your other build was fun though Iā€™ll give you that. How you put these builds together is beyond me but they are fun.

@Ijyupe: I seeā€¦ well stick with it. It gets really fun at the top. /sarcasm off :smile: As far as reflect damage goes, pretty much everyone uses it either being a part of another ability or to cue up dots. Kind of cheesy but effective I guess. @SilverKnight is correct but remember the damage reflected is scaled to a level 20. At best, you re hitting for 50 damage. In the battle arena, that isnā€™t even a stubbed toe.

@skaul: it was a shot at me sort of reflecting (no pun intended) on your comment. Hence my quote underneath. I guess it could have been taken as offensive to some but to me I just kind of shrugged it off. there was no harsh language or anything that I can remember.

1 Like

I commend you for having the attention span to create such long responses.

Frustrating is the build mwde by cronos. It is his warrior build. If you face it, you will surely be frustrated.

1 Like

Ohā€¦ that might be the fun build I was thinking of that I used to play against. It was much tougher than his current build. Was the fire bleed build?

@Skaul: Iā€™m here to please. When you type 80 words a minute, a long response to you is just a simple text to me. Although, I give that a 4 on the troll scale. :stuck_out_tongue: :smile:

1 Like

4/4?

I know Iā€™m kinda commenting on a dead thread here but I just started playing battle arena again and can actually comment properly now and yeah bleed and fire dot are out of control but it is basically isolated too the top 5 going from the rank Iā€™d fallen from too the point Iā€™m at now with my new build I found bleed and fire dot too be very much over used because of itā€™s power but not too actually be much of a problem area where it was just broken until you reach these very select people otherwise it feels fairly OK for a majority of the people you face in the battle arena until top 5 where you go from 4000 damage deadly strike bleeds on some of the stronger players too 60k ones through a /REDICULOUS/ amount of mitigation like knutz has pointed out. essentially it will most likely be a challenge (still something that absolutely needs too be looked at and fixed somehow it is definitely over the top) for the devs too balance bleed and fire dots too stop ^this from happening but not nerf a majority of players into the ground

Your kissmyaxe character was fun/annoying character when I played arena with my aftermath build meteor god. He was challenging just like clogon but I mostly beat him. Nowadays, he is probably really hard and I havenā€™t been to arena in nearly a month. I do agree that fire/bleed is somewhat op if you build the right build. That was in 2.0 patch.
I am curious to know what kissmyaxe character is like in the arena :smile:

Firefox browser on android is amazing when it comes to typing on the forum. I can easily edit typos now without much effort. Adding images is still as easy as it normally is when I press upload. Just letting you know that I am having a great time with testing Firefox browser. Only had it for a few hours on my android.

Yesā€¦ Reallyā€¦

Congrats. You won DQ. You finally unlocked the secret to winning in the Battle Arena: Bleed. Now all you have to do is set your character on auto Run Away, Cast Skulldraga, stack bleed and fire on your gear and count the defensive chests!!!