Bonus Affix slot is about worthless

we try to review all threads and talk about them internally (if they are viable changes, how much time they would take, etc). I am sure we will review these comments as well.

1 Like

Kinda same, lost enthusiasm issues here aswell, but i just dont have any other game that i enjoy. Like poe and d3 are fun but i had enough. I used to play CounterStrike Source esea but now pretty much the eu community is dead, and i cant play on american servers with 200ping so im stuck with this game. And its fun. i think the farming takes way too long, but im not a patient person in general. there is a pont in this game, when after you pass it,its easy-peasy. You just need to get there. For me it was the maxed ascension and getting 50 from all cristals. Thats the point when i started hacking for fun. now, even though i never got placed in the ban arena, i got a new acc. Its just the cycle. You cant play the same game everlong.

Somehow my enthusiasm has stayed though. Well for a long while. I mean i did have some breaks but my enthusiasm stayed . PvP did help and having someone who was really good at the game to admire and me being a huge noob at one point.

Idk why but the farming taking a while actually kept me playing a little longer than when farming is easy. As far as PvP goes, well that was also fun.

1 Like

Old school vs new school. Those that made the gravy train, and the gravy train that disappeared. Just saying…

The developers need to do SOMETHING and quick to keep this game alive. Its bogging down for people new to the game. Apparently not just my experience…

Thanks for sharing!

I don’t see that we are bogging down the game for new players but I respect your opinion.

1 Like

And no bonus slot is not worthless at all. All bonus slots have a purpose in life lmao. Especially when arena is concerned.

I think the game is much better for newer players than before honestly, albeit a bit easy. Way better. When I first played, the definition’s and everything were more confusing and everything was WAY harder so the game has improved.

The reason I like the game is because of the simple depth , mechanics, affixes, creativity, competition against other fellow builders , etc. Also it has nice replayability imo.

If I were to give you the old versions of DQ , I think you’d hate it even more than now tbh. Even though older versions were less new player friendly, it still had an appeal to it and tbh, the hardness and competition kept me in. There were lots of build competition too.

I feel like there’s less of that now, even though there’s still plenty of potential in the game.

Well, ok. Next to worthless. Since you can’t reconfigure them, and have to tie down at least two items for them to be worth anything at all. Like I say, next to worthless. Now if the items in question could be reconfigured. That would be another story.

If ya’ll keep watering down the game for player characters The critters will claw their way to the surface. Then where will the game be? No new recruits, who the hell would want to.

I want to see fewer restrictions, and more resources avaliable at the upper levels. And I don’t mean more Quartz, we talking Rubies here. Or you may as well rename the game “apocolypse now”. Cause it is quickly becoming a nightmare.

I’m not mad or anything, I’m just desperate to get your attention. It’s a good game design, I hate to see it go by the wayside.

I think the Bonus Slot is better off as part of the Mythic set. Just saying as a possible option.

Looks to me, like ya’ll got some major rewrites to do to keep new players interests. I’ll be down pecking away at Maps 250+ offline if you need me. Cia :sunglasses:

Critters…80’s horror movie!!

We will continue to evolve the systems in the game, that is something we have done since we first released it. Now admittedly we are much slower the past few months with updates because the entire team (not just the two people who made DQ) are focused on working on a follow up title.

It is hard to explain, and we don’t expect anyone to give us a pass on this as an excuse, but when you spend 12 hours a day in one code base that is modern, and great to work with; it is extremely hard to switch gears and dive into a totally different code base in a different engine that is 9 years old and has a plethora of challenging restrictions associated with updating the game systems.

We are not ignoring your statements/ideas but at the same time we cannot just drop everything we are doing and rebalance 14 systems for the sake of making one affix (one specifically tied to set bonuses) easier to use.

It takes time on our end to test out these types of changes. If what you want from this thread is for me to tell you “You are right we will make that change in the next patch” I am sorry but that isn’t something I will do.

I told you we do take the time to review our player feedback and we talk about how we accommodate it. Sometimes things like “Add blue tooth multiplayer so we can play with 3 other friends in the same room” we just have to dismiss because we do not have the capability to add those features to the engine that this game was built on. Others like “hey, change this affix because when it is changed with the crafting system it can result in a bricked item” we can look at and work with the changes on our end to make sure they are copacetic with the rest of the systems.

Our process is far from perfect, but we do try our best to keep the game engaging and fun for players who like our specific type of loot’n’build gameplay.

3 Likes

Hey, I know what you are up against. I have both programmed, play tested and run more than one site. I don’t expect miracles. It’s a long way between major releases.

Just, please consider what I have said. Simple fact is, players want more game, and not less. Also having old timers around saying how great it used to be. Well, it don’t help much.

Cheers, and mucho fortuna

1 Like

I never said how great it used to be though. I said how much better it is now than the past. Progress is great.

But I understand your point . Good luck and wish you great days.

Peace! :peace: .

1 Like

“Loot-n-Build” I like that phrase. I want you to live up to it. More loot, more flexible builds. Just saying… :grinning:

1 Like

In my opinion, builds are already extremely flexible but there’s always something to spice up the game in some form. Just my opinion though. I want to collect every single legend, eternal legend, crystal legend and Eternals with crystal Affixes, aka impossible challenge.

Those legends are very well designed.

Or just get the 7 deadly set or the masochism sets. Hard thing for me, since im the unluckiest man on earth. Now im level 38 and my first eternal dropped. At level fkin 38. Man…

Beats me getting a level 1 eternal fabled item from the vendor. Man that sucked.