Breaking Down the DPS formula

@Tizzu

In pvp builds slot allocation is very important. Unlike in pve where you can just throw everything to boost damage, in pvp you have very limited number of slots for dmg, hp, damage reduction, immunes… and by the time you got all those in places you wont have enough slot to boost bleed damage. Hence, people put affixes that directly increase your “power” in pvp

1 Like

Without seeing your equips, it’s impossible to answer. If you are referring to f00kee’s earthshaker build, there’s not much to change there. I think I’d probably just update that by changing headgear, ring and amulet with the ones with ED%, giving up the procs in those slots in the process. I’ll also change weapons to switch to legend WD% instead of legend ED%. Any other change I’d make will be just due to personal preference.

2 Likes

Im kinda confuse what does WD+,% do with poison cloud since my hireling use meteor and shatter and some proc skill only i dont use MH MAIN SKILL at all

Does brutal and deadly strike work on poison cloud i never Seen poison cloud hit on deadly strike…

With the advent of ED% on most gear parts, ED% on weapon can suffer quite heavily with diminishing returns potentially. That’s where WD% on weapon comes in. Hand of Epiphany is godsend. And so is Berserker Axe. :smiley:

@Benzonia

All sets are separate damage multipliers. Focus I think is added to all your existing weapon damage affixes.

1 Like

If you don’t use your MH, then don’t put WD% of WD+ on it. Put/Get em in your offhand instead.

Deadly strike works on all critical damage. That’s one of those things that can get to you to deal those trillions of damage you posted.

1 Like

I use meteor (MH) and shatter (OH) so should i put WD on off hand.

Ok so deadly strike stays on the table.

Hmm, I dunno how much Shatter does in terms of your overall DPS per floor as compared to Meteor. I haven’t tried that Meteor-Shatter build, but I think Meteor is the one spreading and doing most of the damage and Shatter is just there to reset Meteor’s CD. If that’s the case, WD% and WD+ on main hand. Offhand can have ED% and some other affixes that supports/buffs your main hand’s damage.

Deadly strikes are kinda tricky to explain, but just max out or near max out crit chance and crit damage, which everyone should do anyways :smiley:

1 Like

lol NO. here’s what you do:

1. list down all the spells you cast and proc
  2. remove the spells that you don’t really rely on for damage
  3. separate them into which are main hand skills and which are offhand skills- doesn’t matter if they are primary or special skill.
  4. whichever weapon ends up with more skills should get the WD%/WD affix.
2 Likes

What if we had multiple 3 unique H’s that procced?
Is it like this? DPS = {ABCE + DE + F} * (H+H+H) * G
or
like this? DPS = {ABCE + DE + F} * (HHH) * G

they probably multiply. and a more correct representation would be

[(1+H1) * (1+H2) * (1+H3)]

Oh yeah that would be a better representation. Are multi attacks and EAC considered as H’s?

yes, but they only apply to primary skills.

Just finished going through this and just have 1 question for maxing dmg on with a focus on ice element.

Pending my ElemCrit (Freezing) is maxed at 40% and I have only room for one of the following affixes,
would it be better to have +100% Ice Dmg or 100% Frostbiting?

Ice dmg % says “Increases all ice dmg dealt”
Frostbiting says “increases dmg dealt to frozen enemies by x%”

So, pending that the enemy I’m attacking has already been Frozen, it sounds like Frostbiting is increasing total dmg rather than just ice dmg, and so it would be better to have?

It’s usually better to have both. 100% ice damage increases all damage by 100% as long as it’s the ice element. Frostbiting increases damage dealt to frozen enemies by %.

For example, if you had 100% frostbiting, you would deal 100% more damage than if it wasn’t frozen. Frostbiting is good for spike damage, especially for builds that use the frozen set affix. If you had to choose though, I think maybe frostbiting is better in your scenario? Idk?

Typically, its good to have 3 of the 100% Ed and as many 100% frostbiting as possible.

Hmm… I’m focusing on spike dmg (one hitting minions), and now I want to add a 2nd Glasscannon affix, but my slots are full and I don’t know what to replace / what’s worth replacing it with.

Here is a list of all my ruby affixes now without the 2nd Glasscannon:

100% Frostbiting x3
100% Ice dmg x4
Ignore Resist
Elemental Critical 30%
Glasscannon 50%
Push the Limit 50%
Movement Speed 15% x3 (to boost Momentum dmg)

Do you know which of these is probably least beneficial to my spike dmg / dmg per hit?

Move speed for me is the least important and i would switch it to Glasscannon if you want more Glasscannon.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Msiiek, so one last question then. Does the dmg from Frostbiting count as “ED%” in the DPS equation just like ice dmg % would?

Yes I think, but only the hits that cause elemental critical will be boosted.

1 Like

this is lacking
where is the power stat bonus?
also, do you know the BWD of weapons? for example gauntlets lvl 100 have 8320 bwd

You can find it in the updated formula in the Dictionary.

BWD for weapons can be found on the wiki.

1 Like