Breaking rules, Eternal pets - not that good?

So, having found a couple eternal pets now, im inclined to think they really arent that great, usually, mostly.

Combined with the fact theres no way to reroll the completely random affixes they drop with, and the drop rate is meager (theres no real word to describe the sad drop rate, lol - this is only more evident when you realise, getting a drop is usually going to be only upon completing the feat), they just dont seem to be all that great or useful.

Am i missing something here?

And, no, not complaining, but just observing. Im quite happy with my fully customizable legend pets, which do actually drop without the aid of a feat.

The problem, is in the eternal itself. Perhaps allowing larimar … or something. Something needs to be changed.

The idea of eternal is great. It works very well for the gear. Because it follows a rule, in general… Lets take a legend, make it eternal, doubling all its stats, but leaving it no longer modifiable. Hell yea. Thats awsome. For gear…

Thats cause the gear for the most part, is completely predefined. And eternal GEAR follows a rule. So it works amazing. But… not so much for pets.

Now, consider the rarity of eternal pet… rarest thing in game damn near, i reckon.

I just think the idea was great, but the implementation falls apart based on these pets being the one eternal that has no predefined values (affixes). Thus, in the end, rendering almost all of them, well… just not that good. Short of a miracle. And thats what sucks, because getting them to drop, is the miracle.

3 Likes

I totally agree, they should at least make them purchasable with dust so that you can “reroll” them in some way.

1 Like

Yep that’s a good point. This is mainly relevant in patch 3.0. Before the reroll of legend pets, this point would apply to both, but the legend pets were still fairly common.

It would definitely be interesting to somehow customise eternal pets but with a weird method and maybe it could put the end to some cheating (apart from the people who add legend affixes , crystal affixes on pets or other weird tricks). Eternal pets are definitely quite the bit rare and it’s only recently that we have a feat towards an eternal pet (though very brutal in hardwork).

I would have loved for legend Enslaver to drop legend pets but then again, it would have made it too easy so it’s understandable why it’s not, especially with customisable legend pets. If legend pets weren’t customisable , them being not so hard wouldn’t be too bad an issue but eternal pets could be found easier. Mythic Enslaver drops eternal pet which is good though.

I’m not complaining though, just giving my thoughts.

Getting good eternal pets really requires some RNGESUS Luck (heart of the cards as Yugioh reference). Also some eternal pets are outright not good, meh or really good, or just spoiled by that set affix you don’t like despite having good affixes.

Not just huge luck and time but lots of farming floors, fast as you can defeating Enslaver.

A perfect eternal pet is impossible. No such thing. I am glad I have 7 eternal pets now (of which only half are somewhat good).

The problem, is in the eternal itself. Perhaps allowing larimar … or something. Something needs to be changed.

The idea of eternal is great. It works very well for the gear. Lets take a legend, make it eternal, doubling all its stats, but leaving it no longer modifiable. Hell yea. Thats awsome. For gear…

Thats cause the gear for the most part, is completely predefined. So it works amazing. But… not so much for pets.

Now, consider the rarity of eternal pet… rarest thing in game damn near, i reckon.

I just think the idea was great, but the implementation falls apart based on these pets being the one eternal that has no predefined values (affixes). Thus, in the end, rendering almost all of them, well… just not that good. Short of a miracle. And thats what sucks, because getting them to drop, is the miracle.

1 Like

If your eternal pet has one of these affixes (hp+, mp+, ed+, armor, hp/mp regen, luck/gold find), be contented. If you get affixes like % and talents, just be proud of yourself that you got an eternal pet. Lol

The idea of applying larimar on eternal pet is a good idea. You have the chance of getting one or two of the said affixes i mentioned above. It would still be fair to those drops that have really useless affixes just like talents and skills that are outside of your class. Unless you are a magician and have over 9000 IQ. Lol. Still the chance of getting 5 useful affixes on eternal pet using larimar is just like u being the president of a country and satisfying the needs and wants of your countrymen :laughing: .

2 Likes

And again the topic for perfect eternal pet will rise again lol. @Midlumer and @f00kee… What’s your opinion about this? :aussiecongaparrot:

Larimar is pretty much the same thing as making it craftable, but would drop the “ethernality”. Dunno which one developers would prefer, but they really should do something to avoid having a useless eternal pet after killing 38x8=304 enslavers (or worse 50x10=500).

2 Likes

From what it seems, most pets that suck to you are good to another person. Though there are definitely outright useless eternal pets or not worth adding pets and I’ve seen some posted so the chances of being extremely unlucky are there.

This thread isnt about wether they suck, or not. My entire point is that they dont follow the same structure as all other eternals, and imo, and apparently others too, this should be considered worth a second look over.

Anyways, something for the devs to consider.

1 Like

I know but thanks for pointing this out to make it clear for everybody.

pray for RNG lol

You’re missing the fact the stats are DOUBLED. I would really love having an eternal pet such Stitch or Fauna with just only HP+ and rest filled with crap affixes.

No, im not. That is clearly metioned in the op.

““take a legend, make it eternal, doubling all its stats, but leaving it no longer modifiable””

1 Like

These are my two

1 Like