Challenge Maps: Fun, Profit, and Sore Thumbs

I recently decided to use Larimar and Diamond on some Challenge maps, and wow! getting pack size 100%+, rare monsters 400%+, and magic monsters 120%+ all at the same time is crazy awesome! with my Nadroji bonus, I am getting tons of experience, gold (I really need a lot), and items. actually too many items. I have to clear out my bags 4-7 times a map! the bad side of all of this my device slows down a little bit, I don’t have a super build to 1 hit the mobs, so need to be careful, and my thumbs are starting to get tired. one of the good things is my Legendex is filling up faster, giving me more options for future builds.
sure, the monsters in Challenge maps get a better deal than us Toons, but that doesn’t mean I have to make it easy for them. plus, doing so many Challenge maps is helping me to see where my build is weak and helping me to think of improvements.
for anyone who just started playing DQ and are wondering what to expect on Challenge map, look in your dictionary in the Codex, and look at map and enemy affixes. Challenge maps have affixes that boost monster abilities, or lower Toon abilities. also, monsters in Challenge maps have higher chances of having a monster affix, and the more powerful the monster is , the more affixes it might have. this is what makes Challenge maps more difficult than regular maps.
2 monster affixes are good for us Toons, one gives a monster 100% more experience when defeated, and the other gives 200% item drop to the defeated monster.
if you find a Legend Challenge map, it’s affixes are all about boosting the loot you find, but the monsters are still tough, because they don’t want to give up their loot.
Eternal maps are the same as Legend maps, except that the affix values are doubled, like Eternal items.
I hope you all have fun with your Challenge maps!

1 Like

Going to give it a go as my new Chimera build is proving strong. Im on my way to floor 700 finally

nice, Chimera builds for the loot!

1 Like

Will upload my Chimera wizard build ( preliminary ) tommorrow. Till yesterday I was stuck on floor 500

Calluses :sob:

2 Likes

haha @PaNgaHazZz. I have to get a bigger keyboard because of the calluses, I am mashing multiple keys at the same time (joke).

1 Like

Lol. :joy:

I’ve got bigger screen for my bigger thumbs.

1 Like

:laughing: x10

1 Like

5 Likes

:laughing: x 1,000 @PaNgaHazZz.

2 Likes