Crystal and Mythstone Farming Tips and Tricks

1= cs and ms loot rates are apart from the items loot rates
So whatever the luck% and the floor they are just affected by dropitem%

2= your real stats are based on the hireling with an average value of both :
(Your luck + his luck) /2 = real luck
Same with goldfind and itemdrop

[quote=“Diieter”]1= cs and ms loot rates are apart from the items loot rates
So whatever the luck% and the floor they are just affected by dropitem%[/quote]

if that’s so, why do people on higher floor have a bigger chance to get a better crystal then?

The problem is that drop rate for CS/MS if you’re on floor 100+ are the same. So, if you’re on floor 1000+ it will be just like floor 100.

The difference is that on floor 100 you can kill enemy faster which means you can get more CS/MS from them. Because the more you kill, the more drop-chance you have :smile:

No one said people on higher floor have bigger chances to get better crystal :unamused:
I’m explaining everyday on many topics :
"CS and MS rarity is determined by a specific table which is only applying on CS and MS, and is not affected by any affix of any kind)
“CS and MS lootrate are APART from items lootrate” (The %chance the monster drop a MS or a CS, can be affected by %dropitem affix)

[quote=“zzvilzz”]The problem is that drop rate for CS/MS if you’re on floor 100+ are the same. So, if you’re on floor 1000+ it will be just like floor 100.

The difference is that on floor 100 you can kill enemy faster which means you can get more CS/MS from them. Because the more you kill, the more drop-chance you have :smile:[/quote]

+1

1 Like

okay then, I guess I’m too much wasting money for buying 400+ maps, better go 100+.
[emoji125][emoji100]

[quote=“ichsanization”]okay then, I guess I’m too much wasting money for buying 400+ maps, better go 100+.
[emoji125][emoji100][/quote]

If you’re killing more mobs at floor 100 than 400, indeed that’s better to go back to 100 :smile:

On floor 1000 surely are a ton of more monsters than floor 101… = more crystals mythstones

But for real… I havent been able to play dq much lately and in my ~5 hrs of play, the highest crystal i have found is nr. 13 and mythstone is nr. 10… During the same time i have found around 15 legends. Am i unlucky or am I doing something wrong, or is it just hard as f### to get the high tier ones?

I know that feel bro

But it’s taking more time to kill them 1000 than doing 10 times the floor 101 for sure :laughing:

actually getting a tier 13 crystal as a drop is the equivalence of finding a 100 dollar bill on the ground. :smile: congrats

Hello everyone ! I am brand new to this game, well started for the first time two weeks ago and it is very fun - I currently have a lvl 86 warrior and have gone up to floor 168 - I am looking to get some really good items as my gear is very outdated now and killing monsters on normal mode is even starting to become a hassle -

I’ve read through a lot of the crystal topics and this thread was referred to the most - but I still have a question about farming mass amounts of CS/MS - Do you guys just farm hours and hours to gather enough quality/quantity of crystals to make the best items? I understand that only itemdrop% affix affects these drops but even when i clear floor 101+ multiple times I’m not really getting that many crystals and when I do they are usually low grade ones and not the high tier ones that add epic affixes, etc etc. I have farmed for a couple hours and not had much luck - my question is, is there something I am missing or is it just about putting in the time to get the mass amounts/quality? (thinking 10s and 10s of hours?)

One last noob question - what does EP stand for? Im assuming when you guys mention EP levels 1-8 that is difficulty mode very easy - mythic 3? Thank you very much for your time and answers.

[quote=“maxbrickem”]Hello everyone ! I am brand new to this game, well started for the first time two weeks ago and it is very fun - I currently have a lvl 86 warrior and have gone up to floor 168 - I am looking to get some really good items as my gear is very outdated now and killing monsters on normal mode is even starting to become a hassle -

I’ve read through a lot of the crystal topics and this thread was referred to the most - but I still have a question about farming mass amounts of CS/MS - Do you guys just farm hours and hours to gather enough quality/quantity of crystals to make the best items? I understand that only itemdrop% affix affects these drops but even when i clear floor 101+ multiple times I’m not really getting that many crystals and when I do they are usually low grade ones and not the high tier ones that add epic affixes, etc etc. I have farmed for a couple hours and not had much luck - my question is, is there something I am missing or is it just about putting in the time to get the mass amounts/quality? (thinking 10s and 10s of hours?)

One last noob question - what does EP stand for? Im assuming when you guys mention EP levels 1-8 that is difficulty mode very easy - mythic 3? Thank you very much for your time and answers.[/quote]
For now get high Item Drop and go where you can clear lots of monster quickly at floor 100+. Convert and Salvage to complete the feats for higher ones. That’s currently the best way… it’s gonna get better.

EP (enemy power) 1-8 was the old classification for difficulty… easy, normal, legend, etc.

I would like to thank the thinkers that think they thunk the thoughts they theorized.

Oh okay got it thanks for the reply! I completely forgot/disregarded convert/salvage that will help a lot too ty!!!

[quote=“maxbrickem”]Hello everyone ! I am brand new to this game, well started for the first time two weeks ago and it is very fun - I currently have a lvl 86 warrior and have gone up to floor 168 - I am looking to get some really good items as my gear is very outdated now and killing monsters on normal mode is even starting to become a hassle -

[/quote]

don’t go rushing into the difficulties. magic, rare and epic monsters get more powerful with such settings and if killing monsters on normal mode is a hassle to you, killing monsters on mythic 3 mode is going to literally drain you. heck, it becomes impossible to kill an epic monster on such setting if you’re unlucky enough to fight one in a random map (aka floors accessed through the map item) with enemy heal or damage leech condition and you don’t have the damage output in millions.

also, there are also 2 more class of monsters stronger than epic monsters.

[quote=“solkyro”][quote=“maxbrickem”]Hello everyone ! I am brand new to this game, well started for the first time two weeks ago and it is very fun - I currently have a lvl 86 warrior and have gone up to floor 168 - I am looking to get some really good items as my gear is very outdated now and killing monsters on normal mode is even starting to become a hassle -

[/quote]

don’t go rushing into the difficulties. magic, rare and epic monsters get more powerful with such settings and if killing monsters on normal mode is a hassle to you, killing monsters on mythic 3 mode is going to literally drain you. heck, it becomes impossible to kill an epic monster on such setting if you’re unlucky enough to fight one in a random map (aka floors accessed through the map item) with enemy heal or damage leech condition and you don’t have the damage output in millions.

also, there are also 2 more class of monsters stronger than epic monsters.[/quote]

I disagree. It’s harder to go on Mythic 3 in the beginning but after a while of struggling you get better items faster, things start to get easier and you get the bonuses of Mythic 3 (luck, item drop, gold find) killing more easily.

It’s just dumb luck to find something useful on the ground, and item drops does not increase your chances, it just increases the number of chances you get… For 1.8 Just hoard as much gold in the shortest possible time. 5.4m stone = more reliable than wandering blindly…

This way you will mostly get eggs and tamarinds, but occasionally you get something useful :smiley:

[quote=“cyberjuba”]
I disagree. It’s harder to go on Mythic 3 in the beginning but after a while of struggling you get better items faster, things start to get easier and you get the bonuses of Mythic 3 (luck, item drop, gold find) killing more easily.[/quote]

lol on “it gets easier” part. you must have not reached the higher floors aka “beyond 200th floor” provided by the cartographer. on where i am right now again (floor 800+), you need to one shot them monsters with a hundred million and beyond damage because they can one hit you easily and that’s the average monster. higher class monsters are significantly tougher.

[quote=“solkyro”][quote=“cyberjuba”]
I disagree. It’s harder to go on Mythic 3 in the beginning but after a while of struggling you get better items faster, things start to get easier and you get the bonuses of Mythic 3 (luck, item drop, gold find) killing more easily.[/quote]

lol on “it gets easier” part. you must have not reached the higher floors aka “beyond 200th floor” provided by the cartographer. on where i am right now again (floor 800+), you need to one shot them monsters with a hundred million and beyond damage because they can one hit you easily and that’s the average monster. higher class monsters are significantly tougher.[/quote]

Before uninstalling, I was at 383 M3.

But my point was getting better legend equipment to reach at least the 100th floor and with that it would be easy to reach 200th.

After that we need to start changing the equipment with crystals and start thinking on performance. I guess that on 800+ you’ve got to have a build with lots of max status and crystal enchanting to keep going and the difficulty of the floor will not matter regarding getting better equipments as it was on lower levels.

[quote=“cyberjuba”]
Before uninstalling, I was at 383 M3.

But my point was getting better legend equipment to reach at least the 100th floor and with that it would be easy to reach 200th.

After that we need to start changing the equipment with crystals and start thinking on performance. I guess that on 800+ you’ve got to have a build with lots of max status and crystal enchanting to keep going and the difficulty of the floor will not matter regarding getting better equipments as it was on lower levels.[/quote]

i barely feel any damage at my floor 300s and i’ve practically ditched my defense saved for permafrost and faun’s gifts. what i do have is a lot of movespeed, 50 dodge and 25% block. my performance is solely based on the fact on avoiding the damage as much as possible

at higher levels, any legend item you get is set at its possible max level. this may not be that important but given that eternal legends can only be changed in element or nature, you have to aim high in finding such strong items.