Eternal drop rate

This is little weird but i got my first Eternal Legend at Merchant. :laughing:
And i got my first Eternal Legend (drop) last night only.
Eternal Legend are good items coz of its high quality but some of the random stats it has (which u can’t change -i guess) are not that necessary.

I recieve crystals far more often than eternals, as of late anyway. You can control the level of your eternals, I forget the exact formula atm, but I believe anything above floor 300 guarantees your ilvl to be 100. If it’s not 300, it’s somewhere in that neighborhood.

Eternals are meant to average somewhere around 1:100 iirc. Any legend, anywhere has a chance to be eternal.

I would like to thank the thinkers that think they thunk the thoughts they theorized.

Im grinding some crystals and mythstone so i went back at Floor 125(though im at Floor 185 already) , i got my first Eternal at Floor 140+ .

Ok; so my curse is still in effect. That’s good to know; something I can rely on. Not that it’s anything useful; but at least it’s consistent.

1 Like

How is your luck of your player character?

If you do not mind the imp take away rare and lower grade drop, it gives additional chance

Yes, I I just received my 5th eternal drop and collected about 250 legends (I keep track via the Collect 50 legend feat). I also just received my 2nd crystal legend. Again via Drops/Merchant only. I do not count the 1 Eternal I got via mystics.

[quote=“Rubik”]I recieve crystals far more often than eternals, as of late anyway. You can control the level of your eternals, I forget the exact formula atm, but I believe anything above floor 300 guarantees your ilvl to be 100. If it’s not 300, it’s somewhere in that neighborhood.

Eternals are meant to average somewhere around 1:100 iirc. Any legend, anywhere has a chance to be eternal.

I would like to thank the thinkers that think they thunk the thoughts they theorized.[/quote]

I will go to floor 300 then. I have been lazying about in 150 lvling up my hireling. I feel sad for the players who get their eternal early, then have to sell it because it is low level.

Luck hasn’t seemed to help a lot. Ran around 100 floors of max ep which boosted my luck to max and I had about 150% item quantity before the additional bonus from a hireling and averaged about .75 legends a floor. Went to easy difficulty with the same gear and hireling and get about 1.15 legends per floor. The only change is in how many rare/epic drops I get. With max luck I’d see maybe 4-7 magic quality drops with the rest being rare/epic and I’d get about a page and a half to two pages on each toon per floor. With the lower luck I still get about the same amount of drops but about 60% of them are magic.

I used to use the imp but with the amount of gold I burn converting crystals I can’t afford to not have those drops to sell. Especially since I buy all the crystals in the shop every level. Occasionally I’ll buy a legendary item but I only seem to get the same ones over and over from the shop so I usually don’t bother. Finally back over 10 million gold so I’m getting close to being able to justify the imp. Though I don’t know if I’ve ever gotten anything worthwhile from him. Granted I haven’t used the imp for a while, before the rogue was released at the very least.

I’m not gonna complain about the drop rate; I understand RNG and as much as I get frustrated with running several legend maps and not getting a single legend from it, it’s just RNG.

1 Like

You really are unlucky my friend. :frowning: and I understand your feelings about gold. I feel the need to use the dog too but I I want to level up my imp to see what stats it will have. I am low lvl so it eating Magic Items does not cut into my gold intake.

[quote=“Unities”]
I will go to floor 300 then. I have been lazying about in 150 lvling up my hireling. I feel sad for the players who get their eternal early, then have to sell it because it is low level.[/quote]

My memory seems to have been off a bit. Normal drop ranges are supposed to be 75-100, +current floor/20. So that makes 500 the first to guarantee ilvl 100, but chances do get better the closer you get.

I would like to thank the thinkers that think they thunk the thoughts they theorized.

So since I was talking about my bad luck in this thread I figured I should report that either I finally got a lucky streak or the drop rates seem to be changed. I don’t know which but for the last two days I’ve been getting more high level crystals (above lvl 50) than I have in all the time since they were released. The best run was a blue map that I got from a very unimpressive legend map run (as far as crystals go at least) where I got 6 crystals leveled 55-70 and a level 80 crystal from the merchant. Also from that merchant was my first ever crystal legend from a legendary horn. I sold it because the crystal affix was hp leech and that offends me on a deep personal level. By far the most useless crystal affix given the cap is 5% and I don’t know about anyone else but I need around 1% or less to keep myself healed regardless of what I’m facing (when you hit for over 2 million 1% is 20k and I hit about 8 times a second with all my procs). It’s just such a waste of a crystal affix imo.

Also; got my third eternal from mythic enemy killing and it’s the second piece of the Druidic set. A set I don’t use and have no plans to. A little disappointing with two out of three eternals having a useless set that I can’t change. Makes them worthless to me. But I’m hanging on to them in case something changes. Maybe I’ll get the crystals to be able to switch sets around and actually use poison damage. I will say that Druidic synergizes extremely well with plagued so there is definitely possibilities there.

Still haven’t seen a legend pet. Gotten three eternals and have only seen 115 Enslavers since the feats were introduced. I still would be interested in knowing why the legend pets are such highly valued by the devs. At this rate I’m looking to clear over 2500 floors before getting one legend pet. That’s a ridiculous amount of clearing for something that is not really that good. Especially considering they are currently unchangeable in any way (affixes, elements and such). I mostly want one just so I can see what the fuss is about as well as complete the last feat. Even though my codex is bugged and says it’s already been completed.

Anyway; always think it’s good that if you are gonna mention something negative to come back and say something positive when/if the situation changes. So at least for a little while my looting has been quite nice. Lots of legends and crystals. No legends I need; but I’ll take what I can get.

1 Like

I use three character slots for long term equipment storage “just in case”.

Congrates tpollett nice to see stuff dropping for you. I do not recommend selling eternals as the devs have hinted about them changing soon.

@brad:
I know the feeling… I spend money for chars just so I have space to put my stuff. XD

Too bad, changes only affect items which drop after the update :frowning:
But some boring-set-affixes will change :wink:

But some boring-set-affixes will change :wink:[/quote]

1. as long as you do not nerf how fast I farm my eternals, I do not care.
  2. that is good enough to keep my eternals. XD

But some boring-set-affixes will change :wink:[/quote]

1. as long as you do not nerf how fast I farm my eternals, I do not care.
  2. that is good enough to keep my eternals. XD[/quote]

No change in Eternal drop rate, leaving as it is. In fact, there will be a way to make Eternals drop even faster in 1.8.1…

Ay bruh I’m at floor 40 sumthin and I’m ain’t got that many legend items bruh

1 Like

8 year necro post! :boom:

what is your Luck %? with low Luck, you get the Grey, Blue, & Yellow Gears a lot and Orange rarely. with high Luck, you get the Grey rarely, Blue & Yellow a lot, and Orange more often. I recently started thinking that the Legend 1% drop rate also includes, and is based on, the Orange (Epic) drops. for example, a 1% chance for an Epic Item to drop as a Legend instead. this is just my thought and might be wrong, so…

right now, with my Farm Build, I get anywhere from 0 to 13 Legends a map. some players have gotten over 20 Legends with their Builds… I’m kind of jealous about that!

Keep at it! As your gear improves and as crystals are accumulated you can increase Luck and item find.

Then you can ascend and go after perks once you get to level 99.

Treasured perk increases eternal and crystal item drop rate dramatically.

It takes time.

1 Like

What’s necro

but what does internal mean like when you delete it can you get it back

1 Like