[FAQ] Things related to the Battle Arena

All affixes ARE being scaled down to lvl20. All MS are being scaled down to 30% as far as I remember.

I think ramenl meant the stats like power, health, mana. I am curious as well. ^^

I’m not sure about that, will ask Steiger and give you the answer later then :smile:

Or you can ask me. The guy that does the math to help ensure everything is functionning properly. XD

All stat investments are scaled to lv20. So lets say you are level 99 and you invest split your points into 75% Power and 25% Health, your stat investment will be scaled to as if you did the same but for a lv20 char.

Or you can ask me. The guy that does the math to help ensure everything is functionning properly. XD

All stat investments are scaled to lv20. So lets say you are level 99 and you invest split your points into 75% Power and 25% Health, your stat investment will be scaled to as if you did the same but for a lv20 char.[/quote]

Thanks, that’s what I thought, wanted to make sure.

Steiger said that stats (power, health, mana) are being scaled by 20%

It’s me, or ninja daggers are overpowered?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

[quote=“McEna”]It’s me, or ninja daggers are overpowered?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Well daggers players are using also “ninja” which has a bug, basically it’s overpowered and does infinite loops of quickattack, that’s why some rogues can deal 30quickattack within 1 seconds… so yeah it’s op for now, but it’s gonna be fixed :smile:

Except that, and the huge dmg from blinkstrike (10k crit from my rogue or from clogon), daggers are normals :smile:

I noticed blinkstrike never targets NPCs on pvp. No matter if I’m surrounded by summons or if the rogue is facing the eight of them, blinkstrike always leads her right to my softy magical tuchas. Or it is an impression of mine, maybe?

[quote=“McEna”]I noticed blinkstrike never targets NPCs on pvp. No matter if I’m surrounded by summons or if the rogue is facing the eight of them, blinkstrike always leads her right to my softy magical tuchas. Or it is an impression of mine, maybe?

The AI is not stupid enough to target summons. All attacks will always target the player and ignore the minions when possible.[quote=“Diieter”][quote=“McEna”]It’s me, or ninja daggers are overpowered?

Well daggers players are using also “ninja” which has a bug, basically it’s overpowered and does infinite loops of quickattack, that’s why some rogues can deal 30quickattack within 1 seconds… so yeah it’s op for now, but it’s gonna be fixed :smile:

Except that, and the huge dmg from blinkstrike (10k crit from my rogue or from clogon), daggers are normals :smile:[/quote]

The infinite casts have been fixed for all reactive skills. Most people are not experts at pvp so many things seem OP. Blinkstrike is only a 600% for 1 hit per cast. Storm for example does that much at 4hits/s for 5s per cast. Skulldraga does 500% * 3 hits per second. Yet you never hear any one complain about those skills. There are much more OP builds than Ninja Dagger. You have seen how I can make bash, a 400% skill, “OP”.

If you really want to track down OP skills, look at their DMG mod and multiply it by their hit frequency to get their DPS. Then and only then can you make an unbias judgement using raw numbers. Just because something has high BURST does not mean it is stronger than another.

[quote=“Diieter”][quote=“McEna”]It’s me, or ninja daggers are overpowered?

Except that, and the huge dmg from blinkstrike (10k crit from my rogue or from clogon), daggers are normals :smile:[/quote]

so definitely multishot skill is way too op… that skill on my wand wizard, crit damage is 20-36k on regular/standard build. 17-26k damage on well build. That is CRIT. how if it happen to be deadly strike it gonna be ×2 of crit damage. and how if the user use brutal. the deadly deal ×3 with is make 60-118k damage if deadly strike happen to regular build and 51-78k damage on well build.

Just to be sure.
Wand = fast attack type
gautlet= High burst damage at close range
Staff= have good damage with effect of explode
sword= low damage on first target. peircing power increase on each pierced target.

Those just info,
multiattack skill just take weapon base damage and convert into 1 single attack that deal ×10.5 damage.
Remember i said on my wand withis have low base damage (the damage already kind of broken i guess). just how if u use that skill on high based damage like gautlet or staff. the damage can be much more broken. 1 single hit is all needed to shut any toon if it hit.

Nerf a lil bit will be much more balance since multishot already have another effect to push back enemy.

Check this :
dungeonquest.wikia.com/wiki/Equipements

You’ll see the power and speed bases of every weap’s :dieter:

No offense, but that’s basically what you did when you said “amplify is op”, i already told you tons of time that to be “op” it would requiere too much affixes and luck to stack any single element at the same time on the same monster :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m not checking %dmg, that’s retarded you’ve to take in account the hit rate, dmg, radius etc, but blinkstrike is kinda op because of huge dmg, “low” cd and it can tp you on someone trying to stay away from you or running away, but that’s my pov :dieter:

Also for now, I didn’t see “bash” op, and about rogues loops, i think in their patch it’s not fixed, i’m using it and we can still freeze by infinite loops while using clogon vs clogon2 (mine), let’s see next patch, it might be fixed already but in my version it’s not! :smile:

Well in pvp I think mid-range to long range is easier than melee because you can Hit and Run that’s why Blinkstrike is nice on a melee build because you can make it close range.

Pros of Blinkstrike.

• High Damage
  • Great Synergy with Ninja set and quick attack
  • Closing the gap skill

Cons

• It’s melee

If you don’t have a skill to get out of range of a Quick Attack-Blinkstrike-Ninja build you’re going to have a hard time winning. So It’s easier for me if I get to control the range of the fight but this is for a char with midrange to long range.

If I were melee it would be very hard to survive lol.

@Cronos: yeah multishot is strong. I think it hit me for 15k lol. 1050% WD Multiplier. I feel it has a longer cooldown than others though.

@zzvilzz
Can u ask dev to hide eternal league item name.?
Since mythic item name will start with mythic skill name. lol.
Mythics skill is part of affix too withis will help opponent to predict what kind of build he making. (o^^)o
This not big deal. but since it intended to hide eternal league item build so i think this also necessary.

[quote=“Clogon”][quote=“McEna”]I noticed blinkstrike never targets NPCs on pvp. No matter if I’m surrounded by summons or if the rogue is facing the eight of them, blinkstrike always leads her right to my softy magical tuchas. Or it is an impression of mine, maybe?

The AI is not stupid enough to target summons. All attacks will always target the player and ignore the minions when possible.[quote=“Diieter”][quote=“McEna”]It’s me, or ninja daggers are overpowered?

The infinite casts have been fixed for all reactive skills. Most people are not experts at pvp so many things seem OP. Blinkstrike is only a 600% for 1 hit per cast. Storm for example does that much at 4hits/s for 5s per cast. Skulldraga does 500% * 3 hits per second. Yet you never hear any one complain about those skills. There are much more OP builds than Ninja Dagger. You have seen how I can make bash, a 400% skill, "OP".

If you really want to track down OP skills, look at their DMG mod and multiply it by their hit frequency to get their DPS. Then and only then can you make an unbias judgement using raw numbers. Just because something has high BURST does not mean it is stronger than another.[/quote]
I don’t care if a certain skill has high burst, never misses, has low cooldown, high critical rate, or piercing properties. But I care if a skill has all those attributes, like blinkstrike. It has a low cooldown and it’s a proc for the quickattack, so it can be spammed; The target for the skill can be selected, and no npc around will intercept the hit, and the target movement itself is ignored because the teleportation (I can blink around the whole match and get blinkstriked anyway), so it can’t miss; and in top of that, it hits hard. And are you telling me that does not sound a bit op?
Let’s compare with other skills:
-spirits, commands and furies track enemies. But you can run from them, or from their bolts. Or kill them.
-arc tracks enemies. And the only way to dodge is via dodge stat/stealth state. But the damage is pitiful.
-meteor hits hard. And has dot. And it can taunt. But the range sucks. You can just sit and shoot from far away.
-rockblast hits harder, stuns, leaves dot and has range. But it’s not spammable, evading it is easy (just move a bit and that’s it), and, like every non-piercing skill, is consumed by the first target.
-knigthscharge and whirwind allow the warrior to reach the enemy while attacking, but the enemy can shoot the warrior during the whole trajectory.
-multishot hits hard, deals good critics, pierces, and has a not so long cooldown. But the range is limited. You can just stay out the way from it.

I could keep going, but I think the point has been established: blinkstrike, right now, has only perks in pvp. It hits hard, like bombard or rockblast. Tracks enemies, like summons. Never misses if the target is not in stealth state/dodges, like arc. Passes right to the player, akin to piercing skills. Moves rapidly to the target, like teleport, but hits like knightscharge. So, a blinkstrike dagger, in parity of conditions, will win practically always, because the drawbacks hindering other skill builds (low cooldown, low damage burst, easy to avoid, impossibility to bypass obstacles or reach the enemy without being killed in the process) are not present.

[quote=“cronos1234”]@zzvilzz
Mythics skill is part of affix too withis will help opponent to predict what kind of build he making. (o^^)o
This not big deal. but since it intended to hide eternal league item build so i think this also necessary.[/quote]
You do aware that people can still guess what mythic are you using base on procs and battle log, right? I’m not saying it’s a bad idea, but the thing is hiding 48 affixes should be more than enough :smile:

[quote=“zzvilzz”][quote=“cronos1234”]@zzvilzz
This not big deal. but since it intended to hide eternal league item build so i think this also necessary.[/quote]
You do aware that people can still guess what mythic are you using base on procs and battle log, right? I’m not saying it’s a bad idea, but the thing is hiding 48 affixes should be more than enough :smile:[/quote]
yep even noob like me can easily predict. that make pros even can understand how that build work in first match lol.

A quick couple of questions. Can players actually play in the Battle Arena using their characters? Are they in control of those characters in real-time, or are they just placing customized bots into the arena to fight against one another? All the things I’ve read so far make it seem like you are programming an A.I to do battle against another player’s A.I.

Your character (Full control) vs. Enemy’s character (AI)

When you exit the arena, whatever AI settings and gear you have set to your character prior to exiting will become other players’ opponents.

[quote=“ocenyx”]Your character (Full control) vs. Enemy’s character (AI)

When you exit the arena, whatever AI settings and gear you have set to your character prior to exiting will become other players’ opponents.[/quote]

Sounds cool, they should really make it as clear as that when they describe this thing.