[FAQ] Things related to the Battle Arena

[quote=“McEna”]
I don’t care if a certain skill has high burst, never misses, has low cooldown, high critical rate, or piercing properties. But I care if a skill has all those attributes, like blinkstrike. It has a low cooldown and it’s a proc for the quickattack, so it can be spammed; The target for the skill can be selected, and no npc around will intercept the hit, and the target movement itself is ignored because the teleportation (I can blink around the whole match and get blinkstriked anyway), so it can’t miss; and in top of that, it hits hard. And are you telling me that does not sound a bit op?
Let’s compare with other skills:
-spirits, commands and furies track enemies. But you can run from them, or from their bolts. Or kill them.
-arc tracks enemies. And the only way to dodge is via dodge stat/stealth state. But the damage is pitiful.
-meteor hits hard. And has dot. And it can taunt. But the range sucks. You can just sit and shoot from far away.
-rockblast hits harder, stuns, leaves dot and has range. But it’s not spammable, evading it is easy (just move a bit and that’s it), and, like every non-piercing skill, is consumed by the first target.
-knigthscharge and whirwind allow the warrior to reach the enemy while attacking, but the enemy can shoot the warrior during the whole trajectory.
-multishot hits hard, deals good critics, pierces, and has a not so long cooldown. But the range is limited. You can just stay out the way from it.

I could keep going, but I think the point has been established: blinkstrike, right now, has only perks in pvp. It hits hard, like bombard or rockblast. Tracks enemies, like summons. Never misses if the target is not in stealth state/dodges, like arc. Passes right to the player, akin to piercing skills. Moves rapidly to the target, like teleport, but hits like knightscharge. So, a blinkstrike dagger, in parity of conditions, will win practically always, because the drawbacks hindering other skill builds (low cooldown, low damage burst, easy to avoid, impossibility to bypass obstacles or reach the enemy without being killed in the process) are not present.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Blink strike does not have high burst, low cooldown or high critical rate. It has a 600% mod (the same as most other specials skills), a 5s CD (much higher than most Specials) and the exact same critical rate at all other skills. You can just look at the stat page of Blinkstrike and compare it.

My build has DMG and high crit rate. Just look at the DMG and Crit rate of my Quick Attacks and compare it to your normal primary attacks. Again, I can replace my special with almost any other skill and they will have the same CD, burst and crit rate. I choose to use blinkstrike because it is a Melee char. Reducing the amount of free damage ranged chars get to 0 is only fair since a well built range char will kill you before you can do anything.

If you face my new Timemage, you will see him burst you down with seeking comets at 90 range before you even see him as a melee char. He is not even using any of that Bombard/Rockblast stuff. He is a purely well built well optimized wizard using a primary skill (yet he is still built for bug finding). And trust me, you haven’t seen the full potential of a wiz yet.

Hello i have one question. For the cap. All proc its just for mythstone or for coat proc, meteor proc etc…?? Thank you.

Envoyé de mon C6903 en utilisant Tapatalk

[quote=“tom.varnoux”]Hello i have one question. For the cap. All proc its just for mythstone or for coat proc, meteor proc etc…?? Thank you.

Envoyé de mon C6903 en utilisant Tapatalk[/quote]

All proc is for adding 10% chance to whatever procs you have on your gear.

Say, you have meteor and taunt proc, 2 of each.

No All proc = 50% chance to cast meteor per one second. 50% chance to cast taunt per one second. and 0% chance to cast Blink Strike per second.
With All proc = 60% chance to cast meteor per one second. 60% chance to cast meteor per one second. and 0% chance to cast Blink Strike per second.

Ok thank you very much.

Envoyé de mon C6903 en utilisant Tapatalk

Updated #6 is now available :smile:

Interesting on the division.
After a season will the division change? Like it will randomize the player base after every season?

For arguments sake could you please explain how the group’s of 100 will work? I would think you will definitely have strong groups of 100 and weak groups. Is it possible that all 100 people can make it to eternal?

This seems like it is headed for the age old argument in the NFL of needing wildcards because some divisions were just better than others. Some really good teams were left out of the playoffs while weak teams get in. Maybe, I am just misunderstanding how you will implement it.

[quote=“sullivettez”]For arguments sake could you please explain how the group’s of 100 will work? I would think you will definitely have strong groups of 100 and weak groups. Is it possible that all 100 people can make it to eternal?

This seems like it is headed for the age old argument in the NFL of needing wildcards because some divisions were just better than others. Some really good teams were left out of the playoffs while weak teams get in. Maybe, I am just misunderstanding how you will implement it.[/quote]

Divisions only exist to give you a group of 100 consistent people to compare yourself to while ranking up. It has no influence on matchmaking or league placement.

If I understand you correctly, it is possible to be matched to other players outside of your group? The group is simply a constant the game uses to help rank you?

Or, I think what you are saying is the people in your group are simply there for bragging sake against each other? They have no influence at all other than being a random group.

I apologize if I didn’t understand that correctly.

It’s totally possible. When I’m pvping I face players from all groups. The group determines the trophy level you can get from the chest.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

[quote=“sullivettez”]If I understand you correctly, it is possible to be matched to other players outside of your group? The group is simply a constant the game uses to help rank you?

Or, I think what you are saying is the people in your group are simply there for bragging sake against each other? They have no influence at all other than being a random group.

I apologize if I didn’t understand that correctly.[/quote]

Correct. it just a mini ranking withing a ranking. XD

I hope PVP mode could give a page to show affixes details like PVE.
Then everyone would know which affix is full and which affix is needed.

[quote=“luohaitaotao”]I hope PVP mode could give a page to show affixes details like PVE.
[/quote]
Ha, please no – I like how people actually have to think about their builds well in advance rather than mindlessly glancing at the stats page. I mean, there is a huge complexity even witht the stats page, but the stats page makes calculating some values too easy.

[quote=“Ircher”][quote=“luohaitaotao”]I hope PVP mode could give a page to show affixes details like PVE.
[/quote]
Ha, please no – I like how people actually have to think about their builds well in advance rather than mindlessly glancing at the stats page. I mean, there is a huge complexity even witht the stats page, but the stats page makes calculating some values too easy.[/quote]
Rogue has 10% basic dodge,it is calculated in PVP?it’s always 10% or scaled down by 70% if it works?

[quote=“luohaitaotao”]
Rogue has 10% basic dodge,it is calculated in PVP?it’s always 10% or scaled down by 70% if it works?[/quote]

The only thing that is scaled down by 70% are MS affixes.

[quote=“Clogon”][quote=“luohaitaotao”]
Rogue has 10% basic dodge,it is calculated in PVP?it’s always 10% or scaled down by 70% if it works?[/quote]

The only thing that is scaled down by 70% are MS affixes.[/quote]
So how does this 10% dodge work in PVP?

[quote=“luohaitaotao”][quote=“Clogon”][quote=“luohaitaotao”]

The only thing that is scaled down by 70% are MS affixes.[/quote]
So how does this 10% dodge work in PVP?[/quote]
Rougue get 0.05% dodge per power stat point. Stat points are scaled down to 80% in the arena.

[quote=“luohaitaotao”]

It stays at 10%. I am sure you have seen my Rogue build. I use 2 8% Crystal Dodge Affixes because 10+8+8=26. The Dodge cap is reduced from 60% to 24%. As you can see I cap out on Dodge thanks to these 2 Crystal Dodge Affixes.

[quote=“Clogon”][quote=“luohaitaotao”]

It stays at 10%. I am sure you have seen my Rogue build. I use 2 8% Crystal Dodge Affixes because 10+8+8=26. The Dodge cap is reduced from 60% to 24%. As you can see I cap out on Dodge thanks to these 2 Crystal Dodge Affixes.[/quote]
ur wizard is very strong,how can I defeat him?

来自我的 MI 4W 上的 Tapatalk

[quote=“luohaitaotao”]
ur wizard is very strong,how can I defeat him?

来自我的 MI 4W 上的 Tapatalk[/quote]

Wait for the Devs to nerf him. XD Seriously though, he will be a lot weaker in later patchs.

For the next week, I will be putting in various builds. Please tell me feedback on them.