Game to Codex to Wiki... so much contradiction

First, im not sure support is the right category, so feel free devs, mods, to move as seen fit.

The problem? Simple.

EG: Mythic - Empyrean.

Wiki : deals 100% dmg
In game item description : deals 50% dmg

In fact, somethings, like natures (of many) are just 100% broken, let alone close to the listed values.

and on and on etc etc… so many items, terms, descriptions… im always finding contradictory information. So what is the real data?

Personally, i think the in game info should be most accurate.

At this point, without debug mode, controlled environments, and near unlimited amounts of crystals… who can really say?

So, the real question i guess i have at the devs is…

Can we expect a thourough overhaul and redefinition of this information.? Basically, a cleanup of the game?

im aware its not going to be a small task, so im almost feeling like its just slipped to far to be addressed, as im sure you’re busy on new and bigger things.

Lastly,… the game is friggin amazing. Huge applause to devs for succeeding with hack n slash where so many fail. With or without the tidyup, the game will always be damn great. The tidyup could, IMO, make it eligible contender for one of the best of all time.

Meh. Who am i kidding. Its already one of the best. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have done a lot of reading of the Forums, and have noticed that with all the Patches, there have usually been both major and minor changes, with some things changing in almost every Patch.
Personally, I find the few contradictions frustrating, and hope I can remember what is right as I play.
on the other hand, with so many changes early in the development of DQ, the Codex probably took a back seat, and the contradictions slowly piled up. kind of like the person who wants a bowl of cereal for breakfast, but can’t find the bowl. so after looking around, finds all the bowls in the sink, dirty. that’s when you decide to have a banana for breakfast instead. hopefully, when there is time, the Codex can be updated, since there are fewer major changes in the game, or maybe the code for the Codex needs to be tweaked so it can be easier for the poor hard working overworked sleep deprived Dev’s to update it.