Help kill the frozen Cartagrapher!

Cartagrapher can become “Frozen” in the middle of a fight too. :frowning:

The shrine summoning idea will help avoid Frozen Cartagrapher but not necessarily fix it or the ghosts.

Just experience the frozen carto again with my rogue bow. Ahm, on the next patch can we put a list of the map affixes that we play at the moment, just to see the affixes in game while clearing a map. Just to rule out an affix to specify the bug, if a map affix is doing the bug.

I got one on a treasure map, which only has bonus affixes. Maybe it’s the rate or way the way creatures are killed before you get to that point?

I’ve only seen ghost after killing big groups, and most of the time they don’t do any damage. It’s almost like the animation didn’t get to finish when they were killed so they were left in limbo.

I got one on a treasure map, which only has bonus affixes. Maybe it’s the rate or way the way creatures are killed before you get to that point?

I’ve only seen ghost after killing big groups, and most of the time they don’t do any damage. It’s almost like the animation didn’t get to finish when they were killed so they were left in limbo.[/quote]
If that so then its not on the affixes, hmmm :confused: Ok, will try to observe more. Thanks.

I’ve only seen ghost after killing big groups, and most of the time they don’t do any damage. It’s almost like the animation didn’t get to finish when they were killed so they were left in limbo.[/quote]

Yes, that sounds like the case for the ghost monster, but it is more than just the animation that remains because my hireling still targetted and attackd it.

So you have not experience the carto that is not moving at all? Coz that one can’t be killed, damage nor touch.[/quote]

ofcourse i already encountered twice…if i cant kill that fucking carto…buy another map…that’s all…it’s not a big problem…[/quote]

Not getting carto bonuses is pretty big, especially on a treasure map. It’s even bigger when it happens enough that there are several threads about it.

Just say’in.

As I said earlier, I’m fairly convinced it’s a spawning/despawning issue, or mechanics tied to it. I’m putting all of these in here because I’m convinced that they’re related.

First, some oddities related to that:

Hireling is dead and the Hireling display shows otherwise. This Rogue has no equipment, and Hero Points, then, were 20 Luck and 5 Health. It’s hard to say how often that happens, but it does happen on a near-regular basis on a Legend Floor 101+ Cartographer map. At least while that Rogue was super-low level.

This is a mage Hireling with the tome equipped. Several months ago there was one report of the mage Hireling doing something similar. My experience was that the mage Hireling would summon the three lesser summons and then…it’s either trying to summon the defender or another of the lesser summons. This odd behavior stops when the tome is swapped for something else.

And my equipment.

That is why I started tracking the maps with +pack size. And posted the others. I don’t remember what all the map affixes were, but I know that map had +magic enemies, skyfall, +pack size. That whole map was covered with mobs in that state. Hireling died a lot, huge groups of dense mob packs that triggered toxic clouds, lots of loot scattered about, lots and lots and lots of lag going through that map.

I will say, using a Bow greatly increases the chance of it becoming frozen. It sucks when you are in mid battle with it then bam, your arrowsno longer seek it or, bam, it is now unkillable. Luckily I was not on a legend map this time.

tips for ranger u can lure that frozen cartographer to a spot wer there many minions so u can kill him easily…[/quote]

Ummm… Doesn’t doing that increase the freeze chance?

tips for ranger u can lure that frozen cartographer to a spot wer there many minions so u can kill him easily…[/quote]

Ummm… Doesn’t doing that increase the freeze chance?[/quote]

T_T no i mean u can kill frozen carto by luring him into a banch of monster[/quote]
Kindly explain how you lure a frozen enemy, ie not moving, attacking, or responding in any way, into a group of other enemies.

You clearly do not understand the issue, and perhaps you should read this thread before offering any more advice.

I would like to thank the thinkers that think they thunk the thoughts they theorized.

[quote=“Rubik”]
Kindly explain how you lure a frozen enemy, ie not moving, attacking, or responding in any way, into a group of other enemies.

You clearly do not understand the issue, and perhaps you should read this thread before offering any more advice.[/quote]
If you haven’t killed everything else, then herd mobs next to the Cartographer and nuke the mobs with the Cartographer in the blast radius. The opposite of what’s stated in there, but it’s a little something that may or may not work.

I think that Bows play an important role to make a “frozen” cartographer “spawn”. Since I’m doing Farming Runs on my Rogue using a FLINTLOCK, a frozen Cartographer never appeared. And I did over 200+ Cartographer Maps with a Flintlock in the last 3 days.

The devs are on this issue for a long time. And if they know what causes it, they would have already fixed. But since it’s not exactly known why this is happening, we have to be patient.

Yeah, just buy a new map.

[quote=“Rider of Dark”]As I said earlier, I’m fairly convinced it’s a spawning/despawning issue, or mechanics tied to it. I’m putting all of these in here because I’m convinced that they’re related.

First, some oddities related to that:

Hireling is dead and the Hireling display shows otherwise. This Rogue has no equipment, and Hero Points, then, were 20 Luck and 5 Health. It’s hard to say how often that happens, but it does happen on a near-regular basis on a Legend Floor 101+ Cartographer map. At least while that Rogue was super-low level.

[/quote]

I experienced this bug and the cause was going into the hireling menu while the hireling was dead. The bug I experienced will be fixed in 1.8.1.

I am sure Bows have a greatter chance of them becoming frozen. I did over 300 floors on Flintlocks and rarely saw it (it still happens but less likely) but with Bows, I see one ever 10 or so maps. And it sucks when they become Frozen in the middle of the fight!

I am sure Bows have a greatter chance of them becoming frozen. I did over 300 floors on Flintlocks and rarely saw it (it still happens but less likely) but with Bows, I see one ever 10 or so maps. And it sucks when they become Frozen in the middle of the fight![/quote]

Flintlocks and bows … All rogue items.

Can anyone remember back to before we had rogue, did frozen carto happen then ?
Me personally no it didn’t, can anyone else say otherwise ?

I am sure Bows have a greatter chance of them becoming frozen. I did over 300 floors on Flintlocks and rarely saw it (it still happens but less likely) but with Bows, I see one ever 10 or so maps. And it sucks when they become Frozen in the middle of the fight![/quote]

Flintlocks and bows … All rogue items.[/quote]
I do not think I have seen it on Chakram. But yeah the other items all causes this bug. Some more frequent than others.

So, as of the time of this post, specifically the Amazon App Store, Dungeon Quest 1.8.1, floor 200, legendary difficulty, Ignis cannot be targeted. It’s just fine when it’s from Google Play. I know that it’s the Amazon build because I’ve tested across three devices: LG G3, Amazon Kindle (2nd Gen), and LG G Pad 8.3 LTE. The invisible Ignis occurred on all three devices. The LG G3 already had the up-to-date version. The Kindle had to update to 1.8.1 before the test. The G Pad I uninstalled from Google Play and had a fresh install of the Amazon build.

We addressed a boss issue with patch 1.8.1.1 that was released on Google play on Friday. I will test this on the Amazon build on my end. The iOS and Amazon versions of 1.8.1.1 have not been approved for release yet.

I have “frozen” cartographers still on iOS - 1.8.1.1.

My wizard is very good at reproducing this bug for whatever reason. It is happening to me pretty constantly :/. (Enough that I had it 2 times on 4 floors last night… Ugh!) I can go 10+ floors without it… but that is rare.

Pull my wizard “GYBE”. (QA should have info for my account.) Use the map in my bags.

Use of storm, skull shield, and skulldraga is near constant, in my style of play.

The problem is easy to see because you can’t “target” the cartographer.

I actually CAN kill these cartographers, using storm + procs of storm + procs of torrent + just firing at it. Though tanking the damage even with a top 200 EHP toon is very rough, due to lack of regen… because the DPS against the cartographer is lower than it should be.

-Gybe