How to progress effectively at the very beginning of the game [The Duct Tape Build] [Hybrid PvE/PvP]

Good morning!
What do you think? Tips for getting better?
I can also show more of the equipment in stash if wanted…

1 Like

I don’t understand how multi attack increases your damage? Arent you spamming orb on this build? how does orb benefit from multi attack?

Its wayyyyyyyyy better than my build so give some credit to yourself!

@liz7 lets say your MH primary attack does 100 points of damage. with multi attack +2, you get 2 more free attacks with your MH primary attack, but they do only 50% damage each of the original attack. lets say you are using a staff. it’s primary attack is Comet. the Comet does 100 points of damage, with multi attack +2, when you shoot the Comet, 2 more Comets will shoot out too, but they both will only do 50 points of damage each. if all 3 Comets hit the same target, then the target will get a total of 200 points of damage.
Orb is a Special attack and doesn’t benefit from multi attack. there is a Mythic affix called Discordance. what it does is switch the Primary and Special attack of a MH weapon. so if you had a Wizard Sword, and used Discordance, the Primary attack would become Orb, and the Special attack would become Pierce. multi attack would then work on Orb, but not on Pierce, because Pierce is now considered a Special skill, not the Primary.

1 Like

Oh i see! So its only really good if you got Discordance. Got it.

Orb, or any other Special skills are pretty good as Special skills, but some Special skills make good, or even better, Primary skills, depending on how your craft your equipment. Discordance is only good for builds that focus on the Special skill being switched to the Primary skill spot. the one downside to Discordance is lower damage. if I had a staff that I put the Special skill Twister on, if the Comet does 100 points of damage plus 100 points of explosion, the Twister will do 400 points of damage every .25 seconds for 2 seconds. with Discordance, the Comet now does 400 points of damage plus 400 points of explosion, and the Twister is doing 100 points of damage every .25 seconds for 2 seconds. with multi attack, the Twister does almost as much damage as it did as a Special. read the description for Discordance to see why it makes a good Mythic to have.

1 Like

Yeah. The downsides are lower damage unless you use Multi Attack , Extra Attack and a good primary skill weapon such as chakram, gauntlet , bow. You are also right that sometimes its not worth the effort when you can get even more damage without discordance in some cases at even less costs.

1 Like

it is all about the trade offs. I have been using Equivalence + Harmony, but with so many posts about using Discordance, I couldn’t help but think of some builds using it. my thoughts were also along the lines of making the Primary that is switched to Special useful. not all of them are, but some Primary skills would make good back up Special skills for the Special that is switched to Primary.

1 Like

quick question about the eternal option, how do i get it (4) mines just at (1) and I was wondering which gem gets me that

if you mean the (Green) Eternal Set affix (1-6), there are 2 items with this set, so you could get Eternal (2). if you have an item with + set affix (Legend-Red) you could have Eternal (2-6). the + set affix has a cap of 4, so if you had Eternal Nadroji Ring and Necklace, they would have +4 each for +8, but with the cap, only +4 will benefit you, and the other +4 will be wasted. to get the (6) you would need both Eternal items with the Eternal Set, and +4 Set affix, for 6 total. hmm, I think there is a ring and necklace with Eternal set too, so it could go to +8 total. also, the Eternal set can’t be rolled with Crystals, it can only be found on items you get from looting monsters and breakables.

1 Like

Uhmm hello im new here, mr. Griffin, i found a nadroji necklace, is it better than the choker that ur mentioning? And wats better? Plague or druidic? Im currently following ur guide and build of mana shield and druidic permafrost (both 2 sets for the hp and mana regen bonus) and it work wonders hp and mana regen are so high that i never die even if mobbed heavily. So do i switch to plague or go with my current build?

And 1 last thing, ur zeus creation is so powerful but the annoying thing with high heroic skill orb makes it stationary, so we need to get near mobs in point blank range for it to hit. Is there any other way to get past over this without sacrificing orb levels?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

hi @kyrieleison101088 welcome to Dungeon Quest!

what the Nadroji Necklace & Frightening Choker have in common is +2 All Sets. the Nadroji also has +3 All Skills & +3 All Talents. the Choker also has +100% Elemental DMG, which is really good for this build for Beginners, and the Resource Cost can be very helpful if you have a problem with running out of Mana.

I would say use the Nadroji until you get the Choker.

Plagued vs. Druidic: both are for Poison Builds. Plagued increased the DMG of Poison DoT by +25% per Rank for every enemy with Poison DoT on it. so if 4 enemies have Poison DoT, the DoT on each enemy is doing 100% more DMG on each of them. Druidic increases the DMG of Poison DoT based on how much HP & MP Regen is on your Build.

Permafrost is for Ice Weapons, so if you want Druidic and/or Plagued, you need to either give up Permafrost, or have Prismatic so your Ice Weapon has a chance for Poison attacks.

if you look at the Build, although Orb 40 means a stationary Orb, Reactor Set is used to give the Build a ranged attack, so that you don’t have to get too close to the enemy. if you don’t want to use Manashield, you could use Orb (Weapon) instead so you can get close, drop an Orb or three (Spell), and then Teleport away while the enemy gets Poisoned to death.

the Discordance Mythic allows you to cast Orb a little faster, and with +2 Multi Attack, you have even more Orbs shooting Arc’s from Reactor Set hitting your enemies, which is what makes the Genius of @Griffin Duct Tape Build so amazing.

putting Toxic Elemental Crit will help your Poison build a lot also. if you stick with Ice, Freeze Elemental Crit instead.

2 Likes

Welcome @kyrieleison101088

Ohh so thats how it is. Its why he built manashield along with zeus bcos u will need to cast it near the enemies. I can do discordance now. But my problem is if i change any of my equips the hp and regen build from druidic and permafrost will be broken and my survivability will be broken. Hmmm maybe ill keep playing and see where my build takes me.

Thanks golem very much, thats so insightful. Can ask u again if theres something that comes up?

Thanks also dickwad

with Manashield on a farm Build, it just needs to survive on floor 500-510 of the Difficulty Level you are Farming on, and have enough MP, All Resist, Barrier Talent, Infusion Talent, MP on Hit & Regen to keep the Manashield up and protecting. don’t need to worry about HP at all, because if the Manashield goes down, you are dead. if you want to use Orb for Teleporting, or some other OH Weapon, then you would need enough HP to survive a few hits so you can keep healing to full Health, and just enough MP to use Skills.

basically, you would start using this Build on Very Easy or Easy, and as you improved the Build with better Items and Affixes, you switch up to higher Difficulty Levels until you get to Legend so you can get that Choker.

I would be glad to help if I know the answers.

Hello again everyone, so heres what ive achieved this past few days. Any suggestions for improvements? And i have some questions too…

First, i thought with discordance and +2 multi attack , it will spawn 3 orbs but i just see 1, and i have tested it with and without discordance, but i see a little improvement, is something wrong? Or is it only my imagination? Haha

Second, does the +2 extra atk chance in my OH also applies with MH orb now that i have discordance? Or is it only applies with OH skills?

Third, do the resource cost affix makes the damage taken by the manashield lesser? Cos im thinking if not, then id respec it to other affix more beneficial.

And lastly, is there anyway to remove the crystal affix in my armor? hp regen i feel does little with my build since its manashield dependent.

Thanks in advance for those who will take their time and answer :slight_smile:

Ps: i can do mythic 3 floor above 200 and will be advancing to whatever floor i can with this current setup

U need plagued set… u can add it on head or amulet, or ur pet if u have it…add elixer mythstone for +2 all set on ur amulet + add sanctury for second life.

1. with Multi Attack & Extra Attack Chance, some Spells will show multiple spells, like Comet. others just show one spell, but it is doing the extra DMG you get using MA & EAC. not all MH Specials show multiple spells when using Discordance.

2. Extra Attack Chance only increases the number of attacks of the MH Primary Skill, no matter which item it is on. Multi Attack is the same.

3. Resource Cost doesn’t affect the amount of Mana taken when your Manashield gets hit, only how much Resource it costs to actually cast it, like for any other Skill. that is the function of the Barrier Talent. Barrier lowers the amount of Mana taken from a hit on your Manashield by 1.5% per rank. Barrier 20 is -30%. so for every 100 DMG your Manashield takes, you only lose 70 MP. Infusion Talent gives you +10% of your All Resist to your Manashield. Infusion 20 gives +200% All Resist, so if your All Resist is 1000, your Manashield has 3000 All Resist. so any DMG is lowered by the All Resist of the Manashield (based on the Resist Formula), and the remainder is reduced again by Barrier. these are the only other ways to improve your Manashield other than increasing the amount of Mana you have and any MP Regen or MP on Hit. having some Dodge and/or Block will lower the number of times your Shield gets hit if that is a problem yet.

4. Quartz is the only way to take a Crystal Affix off, but since the number of affixes taken off is random, this is a bad idea. best thing to do is to make a totally new Chest item.

since this is basically a Farm Build? just farm around floor 200ish for Gold & Items, and Convert Legends to Crystals until you get enough Obsidian and other Crystals to improve your Build so it can do better at higher floors. or just go as high as you can, then farm there until your Build improves to go higher. floor 500ish is usually highest you really need to go for farming, unless you need to farm for items up to floor 1000. you don’t need to farm higher than that, so that is when you start to need a Floor Climbing Build.

1 Like

What an specific and insightful response. Thanks @Golem for answering my questions. Always a big help.

Thanks also brang @brang ill try those but i dont think i can do that sooner.

1 Like

Here’s my first farm set for m3 :slight_smile:. I can clear fairly fast and easy up to flr 500. But the issue is that i cant feel the mp steal of aether drain, 1% hp on elemental crit. If im ryt it shud regen 1.3k hp per elem crit ryt since i have 130k mp. Or am i wrong? Im still lacking 2 legend item drop affix and my survivability is still lacking coz i cant feel the aether drain. Any suggestions for improvements? I feel like i over did d dmg since monsters from flr 500 and below easily die with just 1 orb, maybe i can sacrifice some dmg affix for item drops and survivability?

Another thing im wondering about is, do mp absorb mythstone work with manashield? I read somewhere that mp absorb only works with hp dmg, is this true? If it is then mp absorb will not work with manashield?

And lastly base on my current set up, which wud be better focus talent or sorcery?

Thanks again in advance :slight_smile:

Btw thanks to this reactor build im really enjoying it, specially the arc effect which fires laser everywhere. :stuck_out_tongue: