Ignore Resist vs. Weaken & Effective Guide by Mid (as of Patch 2.5)

x1 Critical Chance
x2 Critical Damage
x2 Crusging Blow
x1 Deadly Strike

if you are going to use effective + weaken you need to 2 weaken crystal affix. meaning to say you need remove 2 of these affixes. but if you choose ignore resist you don’t need to remove any of those affixes.

Yep. Very true. It can even cause negative resists at 90% weaken which is 90% of the time, quite common but 100% guarentees it and even more dmg. Makes immune enemies not immune and non immune enemies more vulnerable to dmg. 200% weaken is even better bur requires more slots.

Ascendant is a good set affix to go with weaken though for extra reduce resists as it can stack and the hirling debuffs work with it. I did try hirling wrath + weaken to try and buff characters which seemingly works but i doubt it actually works since i remember it was mentioned that it shouldn’t work, unless thats changed or im seeing placebo because my builds already too powerful for the floors i go to.

1 Like

An off-topic (i think) question. If I pick ascendant + weaken. Will the elemental crit be based on the weapon’s element or will it proc other elements as well and still apply that element’s debuff on top of weaken?

Epic Elemental Crit: Toxic, Orbit, Paralyze, Immolate, Freeze, only work for the Element they are for. so Fire & Immolate on Chest and Ice MH means no Immolate or Freeze.

with Wizard Prismatic or Ascendant Set, same problem. but if your Chest is Fire & Immolate and the MH is Fire also, then any attack that the Element is changed to with Prismatic or Ascendant will be considered to have the correct Elemental Crit. just remember that if your Chest is Fire & Immolate, MH Fire, & OH is Ice, even if an attack from OH is changed to Fire, no Elemental Crit since the base Element of the OH is Ice and not Fire.

Wizard Wizardry Talent & Legend Elemental Crit are Multi Elemental Crit, so in the above where the MH & OH are different Elements, they would both Elemental Crit. space wise, Legend Elemetal Crit is +30%, and the Epic EC’s are +15%, so 1 space of the Legend EC would require 4x Epic EC’s (2 for each Weapon if different Elements) to get the +30% for each Weapon.

Weaken has nothing to do directly with Elemental Crits. it just makes a monsters resistance to Elemental attacks less effective, and even deadly to the monster if you go over 100% Weaken.

take a look at Mid’s Weaken & Effective & Ignore Resist Guide 3.0, it has better info on Weaken.

using Prismatic & Ascendant doesn’t take away from an Elements DoT (Damage/Debuff over Time), it’s just that if you do the build wrong, might not get the Elemental Crit.

2 Likes