Item management strategies - Need advice

Hello guys! Life is short and time is the most precious resource, in game as in real life. This is why when I play a game, I don’t want to lose too much time with stuff that have no value and maximize my fun. I must admit that item management is not part of the fun and I realized that I was spending a lot of time into it, probably due to my lack of organization.

This is why I am wondering how are you guys are managing your stuff?

Personally, @lvl99 close to my first ascension:

• I am only looting +legendary. First of all, does this make sense?
  • I use Imp as a pet so my impression is that I am getting money off of the item I am not looting.
  • I always keep the highest quality item of everything I found, and keep all copies of different items with different skills (since my understanding is that you cannot change a skill of an item). Is this correct?

The bad part is that I end up with all my bags full, and I need to find a classification system that will permit me to clean up the inventory and only keep the highest quality and different skills item. This is time consuming.

Any advice / hints? How are you organizing your item management system?

/peace

i loot +rare and sell everything i dont need.

just store the items that you think, you will need in the future.
and if you think you need them all. then thats really a problem

And if you really want to keep an item like a hoarder, such as eternal rare legend, either keep or screenshot such a rare thing and back the photo up. Then just convert the item without care because you know you have it on photos, or use the item for a potential build maybe.

Thank you :smile:

it makes sense. but then again, you can also make money selling non legend items you pick up. you might also make more money picking up all items and selling what you don’t need if you plan on getting Dealer when you ascend.

I always keep the highest quality item of everything I found, and keep
all copies of different items with different skills (since my
understanding is that you cannot change a skill of an item). Is this
correct?

on weapons, you can change most affixes and the weapons’ special skills but not the primary ones
on armor and jewelry, you can change most affixes and the talents too.
to make these changes you will need crystals. you can refer to:
Griffin’s Smithery: Crystals

some affixes, on the other hand, cannot be changed. so the legends with these affixes are the ones you should keep. check out:
Skaul’s Hierarchy of Tips and Tricks SHTT 2.1.0.3

on that thread theres a list of sought after items. there’s also a list of affixes including which ones you can/can’t roll with crystals.
again you should just keep the ones that are really hard to get. i kept an organized storage with complete item sets when i first started out. i then realized that it’s impossible to keep all of them so nowadays i just keep the rare ones.

2 Likes