Legend pets drop

Note : halfway through hour 2, eternalized has been buffed from 300 to 550 for the remainder of all runs. Will fix after accumulating more data.

Note : floor 2 ALWAYS REQUIRES the use of a monster spawn potion boost for any relevance. All hours are under the effects of this boost.

test : update

Floor 2 spam : Luck 1012% : Eternalized : 550

Hour 1 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 2 legend pets

Hour 2 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 3 legend pets

Hour 3 :

• 1 eternal pets
  • 5 legend pets

Hour 4 :

• 1 eternal pets
  • 4 legend pets

Hour 5 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 6 legend pets
2 Likes

Yep. Wow you’re really going at it huh? That’s awesome! Keep it up!

1 Like

Note : halfway through hour 2, eternalized has been buffed from 300 to 550 for the remainder of all runs. Will fix after accumulating more data.

Note : floor 2 ALWAYS REQUIRES the use of a monster spawn potion boost for any relevance. All hours are under the effects of this boost.

Hour 1 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 2 legend pets

Hour 2 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 3 legend pets

Hour 3 :

• 1 eternal pets
  • 5 legend pets

Hour 4 :

• 1 eternal pets
  • 4 legend pets

Hour 5 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 6 legend pets

Hour 6 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 5 legend pets
1 Like

Hour 1 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 2 legend pets

Hour 2 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 3 legend pets

Hour 3 :

• 1 eternal pets
  • 5 legend pets

Hour 4 :

• 1 eternal pets
  • 4 legend pets

Hour 5 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 6 legend pets

Hour 6 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 5 legend pets

Hour 7 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 5 legend pets

@Homicide and other Pet farmer/hunters. all that hard work, with results all over the place. I am so lazy, I am happy at the moment with the pet I built with only epic affixes. some day, I will fight my laziness, and farm for a slime with the Element set affix, as I think that would be so cool for one of the builds that I envision. of course, I think I would party like it was 1999 if I found an Eternal Slime with the Element set with all the affixes with perfect values that I want in my build. :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Actually… I’m not sure why the first 2 hours produced almost nothing. Bad rng I guess eh. Lol.

But there does seem to be an avg developing over the long run… I think

it is kind of like any part of DQ. lucky RNG early, long dry spell, repeat. or lucky RNG all the time, or waiting for RNG to notice you are playing DQ. most parts of the game gives lots of rewards for our efforts, but some parts of the game, the rewards are rare or very rare. and the more desirable something is, like a certain pet, the harder it seems to be able to attain it.
I didn’t want to use a lot of crystals to max my pets affixes, so I am waiting patiently for the Enslaver Feat to do it for me. but it only raises the stats like .1-.3 for every completion of the feat.
so I guess that I am saying that with patience come the rewards of a whole lot of Eternal Pets.

1 Like

Yep.

I wish I could play 6+ hours like my glory days but I just don’t have the time or energy anymore and I have other things to enjoy in life.

Still, even in one hour I have really good fun and DQ gains and even 4 hours too or so. Only way to get good at farming is play the game every SINGLE day at however many hours. 1-2 hours minimum! Maximum is how much you can do before you get bored.

Hour 1 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 2 legend pets

Hour 2 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 3 legend pets

Hour 3 :

• 1 eternal pets
  • 5 legend pets

Hour 4 :

• 1 eternal pets
  • 4 legend pets

Hour 5 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 6 legend pets

Hour 6 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 5 legend pets

Hour 7 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 5 legend pets

Hour 8 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 3 legend pets

Hour 9 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 3 legend pets

Hour 10 :
To be announced soon. This concludes test.

I will be writing a new thread about my experiences and insights into eternal pets. I’m not sure if @SteigerBox actually read my previous analysis, but I believe more then ever that it all still stands relevant.

1 Like

@Homicide it looks like, from your pet farming experiment, that Eternal Pets are VERY rare. it might be easier to craft a build around any Eternal Pet you find, rather than looking for the ‘Perfect Eternal Pet’ for the build you have. but then, many Toons are stubborn, and will farm until the end of time to get that ‘Perfect Eternal Pet!’.

1 Like

Thanks for reply. But actually my analysis is a lil more depthful then that in my eternal pet thread. :slight_smile:

I plan on rewriting the article soon with as much info as possible.

oops, just realized this is legend pet drop, and I got focused on the 2 Eternal Pets that dropped. this is definitely a good way to get Legend Pets.

1 Like

Haha. :slight_smile:

Looks like you’re filled with legend pets ready to test and use. Now that legend pets are editable with crystals , you won’t have to hoard the stashes of tons of legend pets and some sell/salvage. Although even without the crystal craft pets , there’s a way to manage inventory.

Probably you might have filled half the pet legendex.

I tend to hoard too much stuff but thankfully thanks to dust and other additions , I don’t do it as much or need to. Hoarding disorder of DQ I have.

1 Like

All legend pets are found except Merlins. Of course that’s not able to be found on f2

1 Like

True. Now to spam floor 500 to hopefully get Merlin. Even better if you’re lucky enough to get eternal Merlin.

Just like the seven deadly sins Anime, Merlin was rare and hardly came but she was great and powerful. Yes it was a she. In DQ case, an imp. Probably female… Who knows? The anime was some fun.

2 Likes

Hour 1 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 2 legend pets

Hour 2 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 3 legend pets

Hour 3 :

• 1 eternal pets
  • 5 legend pets

Hour 4 :

• 1 eternal pets
  • 4 legend pets

Hour 5 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 6 legend pets

Hour 6 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 5 legend pets

Hour 7 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 5 legend pets

Hour 8 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 3 legend pets

Hour 9 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 3 legend pets

Hour 10 :

• 0 eternal pets
  • 8 legend pets

This concludes test.

I will be writing a new thread about my experiences and insights into eternal pets. I’m not sure if @SteigerBox actually read my previous analysis, but I believe more then ever that it all still stands relevant.

1 Like

Homicide,i see you are a experienced hunter of pets, I would like to ask your advice.
I want to find legend pets, maybe legendary, I made a build for that I want to show you, tell me what you think, I have to change and how to improve it, thank you

1 Like

I hunt pets in lv 2,with monster boost,but nothing happens,i hunt with a hireling rogue,i dont know if this Influences on the legendary pets drop

Your stats are great. :slight_smile:

the one thing you may consider is raising ultra rare legend find. Im not 100% positive, but im fairly sure it aids in legend pet drop rate. And if your focus is the legend pets, and not so much eternal, its worth considering.

Bear in mind that the previous tests i was running were all under the effect of monster spawn boosts and floor2, to ensure a whole lot of enslavers.

In the ten hour test i did, ALL legend pets were obtained, except Merlin. Hes locked behind f500m3+.

However, It is my opinion that f2 runs arent really worth it, if you desire eternal pets, even under the effects of monster spawn, because of eternal enslaver feat, the meager eternal drop rate, and various other issues regarding eternal pets. Well, unless you dont care about eternal pets much, then f2 is an amazing way to get legend pets.

As for those pesky eternal pets, thats a whole different ball game. I will be writing a thread in regards soon.

1 Like