Majorly disappointed

Hello all, I hope I put this in the correct catagory. First I would like to say this game is really fun and addicting. However, I am so disappointed in finding out that the arena battles are just AI bots… Not only was this upsetting but the fact that the devs try to hide it by naming the bots and heroes like a real person would not only the naming but looking at the profiles some “seem” to have multiple champions. Guys really? It’s fine to have the game this way but the deception you are doing is really uncalled for. Maybe add another arena that is real multiplayer. I would highly suggest you make it clear to your players that these are bot matches. Just add “AI” on the arena button. Anyway the game is good plays well and keeps me entertained but that was a kick in the junk when I realized what was going on.

1 Like

Os combates da Arena são Player Vs Programação, e no próprio game tem o menu para configurar as ações dos seus personagens ;-; (translate this)

Err, I’ll take it that you are quite new perhaps? The arena consists of AI, true. But those AI are other player’s characters, other’s players’ hard work. It’s not just some randomly created character, those are real characters controlled by AI that you can adjust the settings of. Some people even have “Attack” characters and characters dedicated to “Defense”, we even have some discussions about AI Settings for Arena.

No offense meant but the game does say Battle Arena, and not Player vs Player, hope you still keep playing tho. I assure you no one’s deceiving you, specially the staff, DQ’s staff as I find them, are actually one of the most responsive in terms of player relations, so rest assured that they do listen. Hope this helps. Game on!

Cheers.

1 Like

Yes, I am new. I realize that it does not say player vs. player as you stated but it is decieving. Even the wording " play against other heroes". I feel the way this is done is all to make you think it is PVP. That is why I made the suggestion to add “AI” on the arena button. Make it clear. Surely I am not the first person to first think I am playing someone else live? Only to notice after a few matches that it is actually AI bots and feel a bit cheated. Next I guess then I would like to know how does your hero get into the arena selection? Are all heroes in it? If your hero beats someone do you get a chest for it?

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s more of a misunderstanding or misinformation then, I guess you do have a point, but I don’t think that was their intention, although not in the game, in the forums they openly say that it is in fact AI that other players set up. Well let’s not argue about that anymore, since I’m sure you’ll get used to this, and believe me, sometimes, the AI settings+player builds on higher Arena Leagues are godly. I do feel sorry if you felt cheated, and I assure you that on higher leagues, even if they are AI, you’ll still enjoy beating up characters created by some of us, the other players.

Anyway for your questions, the last hero/heroes you used in 1v1/2v2 will be your “Defense” or “Away” character/s, you should set up its AI as well, and if it does beat a player you’ll gain Away Chests each time it does. All the heroes you used in the Arena will be recorded in it, but only the last ones you used will be able to battle others. Hope this helps.

Cheers.

1 Like

Well I guess that’s all good. So how do you know how your bot is performing if you set up the AI? Is it just trial and error until you start seeing Away chests?

Well, if you only have 1 character slot, then yeah I guess it’s just trial and error, but if you have 2 or more character slots, what I do is, pick a “main” hero that I’ll be controlling, then choose the AI I wanna test as a Hireling in 2v2, then I go to 2v2 Practice Mode and I don’t attack with my “main” hero, instead I follow the AI around and watch what he does, then adjust the AI accordingly. Hope this helps.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Helpful tip indeed @saintwave. Thank you

You do realize it’s at start an offline game which has some online features (which didn’t exist at first) ?
You do know that you can’t change an offline game to an online game with a single click? it’s all about coding, and they would have to spend months to recode the full game to make it “online”
You do realize most games with “real pvp” requieres someone tagging in matchmaking at the same time than you? so you can wait hours before being tagged with someone?

This pvp is like that, you have to deal with it because it won’t change, and tbh, it is fine like it is. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tbh, I was extremely shocked that they’re AI but what I like is how the dq staff make them look and act like real players. When I learnt that A.I have the equipment, amount of win loss ratio and winstreaks, that makes pvp feel real. It certainly feels real in battle arena. What I find hard though is the setting to adjus the offline A.I to win a bit because I can’t see replays of it defending which brings md to another question: Are away team chests from A.I winning battles in offline defense mode or are they just given from dq developers every few days to every account.

They are.not given out I can tell you that. I only received 1 in a week. An they are real pples chars. It still is a work in progress An this is a beta season. I’m sure more tweaks are to come.

Away Chests are from you AI’s wins, I get like 10-ish a day, and better “Away” characters such as Emman, Cronos, Berry, etc, I’d say gets maybe 20-30-ish?

Cheers.