Making a new build (CHIMERA)

I want to create changling characters that can adapt to differing pvp styles by item manipulation. I am thinking of creating all the mythic items for a character and then swaping and changing them on a daily bases and create a build around the mythic resource system in use. I am told only one myth word is operational at anyone time which makes it pointless to equip more than one resource at a given time.

I’ve tested vanish and have binned the idea as it sucks. I’ve already done apocalypse to the point of obsession :slight_smile: .

Right off i go to get crafting. Catch up laters

2 Likes

im going to try to get strength , dexterity and wisdom to 40 after hero points and eternal 20 to tabs on a unreal hood. If i ever find the eternal one

1 Like

it will be interesting to see how far your CHIMERA Project goes in PVP. many Toons have multiple gear builds for PVE, usually farming and climbing. then there are the ones that do lots of testing, and focused farming for specific loot. I bet that at the higher levels in the Arena, you see a lot of the same names, so having a few premade gears that focus on destroying a certain Arena build might come in handy. I bet you end up discovering some cool mythic combinations.

3 Likes

That char is warrior right??

Rogue , wizard and warrior are intended

Good luck have fun!

1 Like

I’m getting curious about this chimera build. Good luck.

1 Like

Oh, I had a similar idea on my battle mage days: I had a set for rampaging (heavy offensive) and I could set a defensive option just changing 1-2 items.

1 Like

Update. My Chimera wizard as a proc only skullshield from a talent on a Nadroji-ring. This frees up my off hand weapon from a skull to anything I like knowing that the shield will spawn . The damage is good enough as is the versability of item and spells choice.

if you have the talent high enough, with prismatic, the skull shield changes elements. I thought it was cool when I found out, and that would work with some prismatic type builds.

2 Likes

Will try it out thanks :slight_smile:

Thats the base of my nuclear winter build

1 Like

Been testing eternal sky fall with void tome and apocalypse with event horizon on switch. Good results. Tring enigma next with who knows :slight_smile: Chimera , even at development stage, is proving a powerfully fighter. He can be a summoner or arch mage or elemental mage or an hybrid just by switching weapons. Just need the core items such as hat etc right. I want them to be less changeable

ahh, i thought you were changing all gears, but I see you are only switching out your weapons. good idea. having your non weapon gears as a foundation for the weapons. you might end up with 2 or 3 sets of non weapons, or maybe extra pets to switch in and out with different affixes and sets, so you need fewer sets of gears.

1 Like

I need more stash pages so i can make more sets of gear. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ditto

A lot of crafting pets with talent bonuses is required. A stash full of pets in fact

1 Like

Both my premium pages are stuffed with legend / eternal pets. Ugh. Need more stash.

interesting idea, after you finish building to post it :slight_smile:

1 Like

there would be a lot of posts, because he is making different weapons with Mythics combinations. he is trying to be a Toonsformer (transforming Toon) in PVP, so he can be harder to beat, as he changes so often, and can have an easier time defeating opponents just by switching weapons, instead of spending weeks crafting a totally new Arena build.

1 Like