Need Advice

what the technique.?:smiley:

1 Like

Probably the cheating techniques.

1 Like

The abuse from yesterday was probably related to using the saved online account to undo changes. I know there’s ways to do it but I don’t know the specifics. I’m sure the mods would appreciate us not saying how, even as much as you did.

And yes, it’s considered cheating. How would that not be cheating? You’re using a feature of the OS to circumvent game functions.

What if your phone shut down?

IMOO as long as ur not using any hack/cheat tools ur not hacking or cheating,

It takes no third party program and there are coding solutions to prevent it. Plus I have seen it mentioned in multiple threads without anyone commenting that it is cheating. I could see it easily falling into the realm of “not intended but not cheating”.

edit: Also, is using the saved online account to undo changes cheating? I figured that would be completely acceptable. It would allow people to test out builds without ruining their crystals. In fact, I have seen DQ mods themselves SUGGEST using the saved account to test out a new character (for those with limited slots) by deleting the one you have, then undoing it afterward. This seems the same to me.

Yeah I remembered mentioning this in one of my comments. No devs or mods said it’s cheating.

IMO anything that is not explicitly provided in-game is cheating. You do something in-game and don’t like the results, so you drop to the OS to undo it? That’s no different than getting a save editor and undoing it.

The game is about always moving forward. Use up an item, see what happens. If it’s not what you wanted, use another. If they wanted you to be able to use one Obsidian multiple times until you got the affix you wanted, they’d let you do that in-game. Since they don’t, anything that lets you do that is cheating.

1 Like

I’ll let the devs or mods shed light about this one. I’m sure this was already practiced even before I played this game 2 months ago.

i think most of the great and old players have done it.

also some of the mods. lol

^there you go @moxyll

i dont see force stopping the game as cheating. because u lose your obsidian and end up not getting anything. Who knows maybe in the next patches they will make crystal affix removable by kryanite which will have positive effect as it encourages players to try builds and progress

Just sharing. When i craft i always put obsidian 1st so if it gives me affix that i dont need i just use quartz to remove it. And have a list of what obsidian affix i need. I know all of dq players know that but i stil want to share it. Thats all tq :smiley:

i am not. when apply obsidian, if it give all worst choice i will pick the less worst affix, and reserve it for new build or for other toon i have. if u ask me what i usually do when i apply obsidian, usually i only apply obsidian after i fill all other free slot with not needed affix for example,

Ragnarok chakram

Defiant
+100%WD
no affix
no affix
no affix

There i will think of what affix is needed and not needed. For example i want to avoid getting the worst affix for my build like crystal all resist or armor. i will fill 2 free slot using laminar and fix it to resist and armor so when i apply obsidian, it will prevent those affix to pop-up. If it still showing wrong affix, i mean the not needed affix like +%Mp eth eth. i will choose the best affix atleast for other build or other toon.

only problem with this is if you have legend affix that cannot be obtained via ruby such as 100% elem damage

I could see them going either way. I do think it is interesting that there is no cancel button though, which supports your position somewhat. However, you do lose the obsidian, you can’t use it over and over like you suggested.

but u do not lose the item right. and u can keep trying again and again with that method to get what u want. u lose crystal yet u still possess the unbroken item. ive seen alot ppl doing that before like on eternal fable blade, forcing it to give affix u want like +50%WD +5000WD +5000ED in eternal ver. that called abuse.

@Refia please help clean all the reply with abusing content. TQ.

I’ve never done it, so I didn’t know you lose the obsidian. Chronos is right though, the current intent is that you’d have to get a new item if you get a bad roll for items where you want to keep other stats. Hopefully that will change and we can kyanite cyan affixes*, but for now thats what we have to work with.

* kyanite doesn’t help chronos’s eternal example, so people would still abuse it for that.

then thats good for you then. lol :smile:

they can also do that kind of strategy. manipulation of affixes - providing temporarily same epic or normal affix on other slots before applying obsidian to get a higher percentage of the needed affix.

I haven’t done it either, but the explanation is present in multiple other threads. Either way, I don’t know the “intent” of the developers, and I haven’t seen you cite a statement of them either.

One way to avoid abuse, if this counts as abuse, is to automatically put the first listed affix on the item if the game crashes. Another way is to give each item a random “seed” that determines the result of rng crystals (like obsidian, sapphire, ruby, etc.) and only changes once an affix from that crystal is actually applied. Then if you crash the game before applying affix you will get the same result the next time. As far as I know they have not attempted either of these.

If this is abuse, I agree, this thread should probably be purged. I just don’t know if they consider it abuse.