Need help with my War. Toss Build

Hello! I’m new to this game and am planning a war. toss build and I need helps and advices from you guys, the pros.

This is my idea: Since there is no enemy affixs such as resist to bleed dmg or dot (didn’t find any in the dictionary) and no cap for bleed dmg either, it’s a good idea to go for taunt proc and as much bleed dmg as possible.

Here are some details of my idea and also questions:

• Nature: Haste

• Talents: Hardened, Lacerate, Suffering or Zealous (couldn’t decide it yet) and Bloodbath

• Mythics: Nova (with ice or lightning, which i haven’t decided yet), Skilled, Unity (i’m still not so sure about this choice) and Sanctuary for some tankiness

• Set affixs: Ruptured, Living Force , Ballista (still in consideration), Blood Magic, Vampiric Touch, Berserker, Pathfinder

• Remain affix slots: cap attack speed (crystal affix and nature) , cap dodge (crystal affix x2), cap elemental critical (epic affix x2), +4 all sets (legend affix or mythstone x2), +20 Toss (epic affix x2), +12 all talent (mythstone x3), +350% bleed dmg (epic affix x7), +60% bleed chance (epic affix x6) and 7 slots left for elemantal dmg, weapon dmg, HP, resists and armor (maybe HP on hits)

I use lance as weapon so that I can charge around dodging skill shots and waiting for the bleedind to do its job.

Questions:

1. Ice can freeze enemies for 3s and how long can lightning paralyze?

2. Is there any dmg difference between Frosbitting and High Voltage?

3. Do freeze and paralyze count as stun? Does the enemy affix ‘‘Cannot be stunned’’ also mean cannot be freezed or paralyzed?

4. Does Living Force increase the bleeding chance, stun chance and crit chance since the hatchets hit enemies twice? And if yes, then how?

5. Toss at lv 40 has 40% bleed chance. If i add +10% bleed chance affix, would it be 50% then?

6. All talent + cap is 12. Let assume i have +12 all talent and +5 all beserker, would it be +17 beserker (for example +17 bloodbath) then?

7. Let assume i have 105% taunt proc. Does this mean that i can proc taun every time i use an attack or how does it work with taun resist?

Thank you for your attention.

• List item
  1. Shock can paralyze for about the same time, 3 seconds, since stun on enemies lasts 3 seconds in general. paralyze is just one way to stun and an elemental crit of shock.

2. Frostbiting increases DMG if enemy is Frozen. High Voltage can increase DMG if enemy Paralyzed. seems simple enough. Can combine both shock and ice for brutal damage too. Although I think High voltage used to work on any form of stun or does, but after testing, High voltage benefits are mainly found by Paralyze from shock.
    Frostbiting can be very powerful with Frozen set rank (5) as frostbiting 100% keeps on multiplying as each enemy explodes, along with Frozen set dmg 125% per enemy and crit dmg. Electrocution with high voltage shock build and stack debuff is also very powerful and wtih 400% explosive, a lot of dmg gained per enemy.
    Even cooler, Electrocution with high voltage, high stack debuff and then frozen, then frozen explosions with constant frostbiting. I love the amount of possibilities.

3. Paralyze does count as stun. But cannot be stunned just means stun immune. Sometimes that also means freeze immune but i remember freezing some of the “cannot be stunned enemies”. Freeze after all is not stun but a different CC (crowd control effect). Frozen immune does prevent freeze though. Some Mythic enemies immune to elemental crits. Ice causes freeze of course. Even the normal ice debuff effect is pretty nice as it can reduce dmg by 25% and enemies attack speed with move speed reduced by 50%, including PvP.

4. Living force increases DMG on return and that can mean increased bleed dmg (though the real increase of bleed dmg is Vampiric Touch and other form of Bleed DMG%). Shock with bleed is potent too and high voltage. You can mess with the games mechanics to make bleed multiply like crazy :slight_smile: . Do add Living force as it is great with projectiles such as Toss and I wouldn’t skip it. Makes toss and if bleed inflicted on return, deadlier.

5. That 10% applys to all skills and yes i imagine it would add to the toss bleed chance %, just separately, since the toss bleed chance from hero point doesn’t add to cap i believe.

6. Well yes. The cap of +all talents reached but the +5 skill tree (berserker) wasn’t reached in cap so 17 berserker for eg would work. Also if you added talent, it would end up as 37 berserker since level 100 items have talent rank 20.

7. over 100% proc doesn’t mean it will proc every time each attack. every second, yes, but it depends on how fast you attack in a second also. Another thing is that procs have internal CD so it will take the CD of taunt. If you do use reduced CD, then it will proc more.

Great! It’s good to see questions asked like this. You will do well :smile: .

Check this old toss build. It is old but it can inspire and you can easily improve it to get better. return of the toss builds. @rubik . It’s cool that old builds can be revived to me even more powerful better builds. The concept build essentially. I know toss isn’t the best but it can still be viable. Dodge/block for survival affixes definitely help for example too.

Oh and weaken is more powerful than ever before. 100% weaken for 100% of the time weakening enemies and making them up to 2x more vulnerable.

A nice guide on the weaken subject :

Also i had tried and tested just like midlumer did to confirm the results and right they were. Just i calculated it with a different method.

1 Like

Thanks for the answers and the suggestions.

But i already read this two posts. And yes my build is based on the Redrum Warrior.

As for Weaken I will definately try it after this build.

1 Like

[/quote]

1. Frostbiting increases DMG if enemy is Frozen. High Voltage can increase DMG if enemy Paralyzed. seems simple enough. Can combine both shock and ice for brutal damage too. Although I think High voltage used to work on any form of stun or does, but after testing, High voltage benefits are mainly found by Paralyze from shock.
    Frostbiting can be very powerful with Frozen set rank (5) as frostbiting 100% keeps on multiplying as each enemy explodes, along with Frozen set dmg 125% per enemy and crit dmg. Electrocution with high voltage shock build and stack debuff is also very powerful and wtih 400% explosive, a lot of dmg gained per enemy.
    Even cooler, Electrocution with high voltage, high stack debuff and then frozen, then frozen explosions with constant frostbiting. I love the amount of possibilities.

[/quote]

Well this is an interesting idea, but i don’t truly understand how electrocution works.

1 Like

Ahh i forgot to explain the effect of Electrocution set. At rank (5), it can increase dmg of stack debuff by 50% per stack so up to 200% more dmg alone from 4 stack debuffs. Also hirlings stack debuff from shock is confirmed to work with main character. So 10% dmg increase at (1) rank per stack debuff. Shock stacks up to 4x so up to 50% more dmg but the Electrocution adds more dmg as you attack by shock (only if enemy HP is below 25% HP, kinda like how demonic gives an easy 100% DMG increase, after enemies are low HP like 25%). As i like spike damage, i can exploit this to be exponential in growth.

The definition of electrocution in dictionary is kind of different though.
Electrocution: each shock effect stack an enemy has grants 25% chance to be dealt 100% increased dmg per rank while below 25% HP.
For me this mean as you said it can stack up to 4 times and at rank 5: 100 % to deal 500% increased DMG while you are below 25% HP or am I wrong?

And I have one more question:

Does Frostbitting increase DMG done to enemies from all source or only from ice?
Would frozen enemies take more bleed DMG?

for Electrocution, it takes 4 stacks of shock to be 100% chance to get the increased damage when the target is under 25% HP. so Electrocution (5) would give +500% damage when target under 25% HP, with 25% x number of shock stack equals the chance to do the extra damage. high attack speed would increase the chance, as you would be stacking up the shocks faster. you need to have some kind of elemental crit chance to get freeze, as you need freeze for frostbiting to work. while frozen, any attack that hits the frozen target that has frostbiting will do extra damage to the target. so if I had ice OH and fire MH, I could freeze an enemy with OH, and then do the MH fire damage against frozen enemies as long as the freeze lasts, if I had frostbiting. and that would affect the fire DoT, Immolation, and Blistering, if I had Blistering too. if the attack that hits a frozen target also has frostbiting, and causes bleed, then the bleed would be higher too, as the bleed is based on the damaged caused. so if you did 100 damage, and froze a target, and you had 3 frostbiting, you would be doing 400 damage with your next hit, and the bleed would be based on the 400 damage if it is that hit that the bleed is based on. if you had +100% bleed damage, then that 400 would become 800 bleed damage, if based on damage from a frozen target with frostbiting.

Ok so i misunderstood the definition of Electrocution in the dictionary.
But let assume I hit the target and cause bleeding and the next second I freeze it and after that I do not attack at all. Since the bleed DMG lasts 10s, does that mean Frostbitting will increase the bleed DMG in the following seconds?

I don’t think so, but I am not sure. bleed lasts 10 seconds, and is based on the initial attack the bleed is based on, as far as I know. so in that case, bleed would only do the extra damage if the hit is based on the attack on the frozen target with frostbiting. in my experience, I haven’t seen any DoT’s go up with those kind of changes, like if Immolated something, and it froze after I Immolated it, I haven’t seen the DoT increase. but I would have to test that, which wouldn’t be easy I think. would take some time to get the right conditions and not be fighting for my life so I can see the results. :slight_smile:

Another question:
Are there any difference between multi attack and extra attack? And are those affixs good on toss?

multi attack and extra attack chance only work on the MH primary attack.
multi attack adds 1-4 (max) attacks that do 50% of the MH primary attacks damage, each. so if you are using a Wand with Bombard, and do 100 damage and have multi attack +4, if all 5 attacks hit the same target, that is 300 damage total.
extra attack chance adds 1-4 (max) chances for extra attacks. the chance is 50% for the first attack, and if you get the chance, 50% chance for the next one. I think it is posted that the first chance is 50%, 25% to get the second, 12.5% for the third, 6.25% for the fourth attack. this is because it is 50% chance only if the previous attack made it. damage is the same as multi attack. if you have both, then you would have your primary attack with a max of +4 multi attack and a chance for up to +4 more extra attack chance for a total of 9 attacks. your primary, the extra multi for sure, and the EAC possibly.

1 Like

Add this
Berserker bonus
Ruptured armor
Use scalp as oh skil for 100% bleed chance
Brutal talent on chess armor
Remove nova and elem crit chance and damage just put 7x 5000 elemdamage and crit chance and damage . ull see 20-50k per dot but it doesnt work to some ai with 2-3x perseverance.

1 Like

I’m staggering between Nova, elemental crit, Frostbitting, Frozen, weaken and crit chance, DMG, deadly strike. Going for crit might be a better idea but I kind of like the explode effect from Frozen.

Its ur choice if u want nova type elem crit chance just put many elemental damage like Frosbiting 3-4x

Scalp rocks

Does bleed dmg scale with your base dmg or the dmg you deal at the moment on enemy when you trigger the bleed effect?

1 Like

Yes .ur total damage that trigered bleed at first dot is almost the same and u can boost every dot by putting some crit chance/dmg/bleed dmg/talent

I have a build that makes 80k bleed proc and crits some times to 130k kkkk, and have 85k hp an 700 power :slight_smile:

Can you show me your build?