New Guy Questions on CS

Thanks Vil. :thumbsup:

:blush:

Here’s a couple more pics from the forums to help. (Not necessarily what you asked, though.)

Left is Salvage. Right is Convert. “X” is keep.

And this is a guide to which items that a Jasper is used on will change to. :smiley:
Good luck!

1 Like

Actually that does help alot. Thanks Skaul.

If anyone knows, on the first picture that skaul posted, if I understand correctly, the X crystals are definite keepers, and the arrows are of some use but will often be converted / salvaged to the nearest X. If that is correct, then the bottom arrows are clear enough, but what exactly is going on with the first 3 arrows? Thanks in advance

One of the ways to get higher level crystals is through the feat for converting/salvaging crystals. The bottom three crystals you just convert and salvage over and over until you run out, because the cost to convert/salvage 500 of them is cheaper than the cost to buy random rare crystals and cheaper than the cost to convert them all the way up to other useful crystals. At least, that is my understanding (I have neither done nor seen the math).

Thanks HarleyM. Just recently found pretty much your answer when I read through all the comments of the original post with that picture.
Trying to find as much information as I can on crafting and stuff. A lot of build guides (such as the Blightbog rogue bow guide I am eyeing) seem to be aimed at fairly veteran players, not mentioning much about how to craft certain affixed onto items, or what the base item looked like even.

And I have yet to find a novice oriented farming guide for a rogue, since I assume first I’ll need to farm up a lot of crystals and the proper items for the big hitting builds.

Blightbog is the best farming build for me haha you can use cheap affix for it if you dont have the other affix

I’m a rather new player and have had a lot of the same issues. I feel like there is no real noob-friendly guide. There are LOTS of posts that say “do what you enjoy”, but that is utterly unhelpful to someone looking to reach competitive levels, as some builds are clearly much more effective than others. Some of the seemingly “best” builds, like Green Garden, don’t work until you are able to have them near perfection. Other guides say things like “just max your luck”, but if you do that, you end up with a character that can’t kill a thing. And all guides say to get +4 to sets, but getting even one Elixir Mythstone, let alone 2, seems incredibly far away.

I’ve found a number of legendaries that seem like they could be good starts to a workable farming set, Like Havoc and Plaguebringer, but the crystal cost to even test a build is terrifying. As a result, I have Nadroji, Crystalline, Mythical, and Eternalized just sitting in my stash because I am afraid to “ruin” them.

Totaly agree with you !
But i guess it Will take some Time to understand all the link behind a build.

I guess we have to plan an entire build : predict what item and affix you want Before even thinking trying to craft an item just to see how it goes

The other difficult thing is even when I look at the wiki to see what affix Larimar can put on gear, I don’t know which of them can appear on which slots :frowning:

You will get more. I can’t tell you how many I have got in the past few weeks of playing an converted them. Also you want to be competitive but you want to do it quickly as possible. The issue there is that u are not learning anything if u are making or attempt to making someone else’s build. Understand the game fully An you will become competitve. Or you could wait till 2.1 . Myself I’m here more then playing simply be cuz I want to learn. An I learn New stuff everyday.

HarleyM I am right there with you.

I have read to keep loading up on certain skills for your Farming Build but that leaves me short in the healing and damage. If I load up on damage and healing, it leaves me short on the luck, item drop, and gold department. Finding the right balance between skills for my Farming Set is what I am trying to do now. As always, I am constantly tweeking my PVP Set.

What do you mean by appear on which slots?

I took it as “What Skills can be put on What pieces of Gear”. At least that’s the part I am working on right now. I have printed out all the abilities and what goes on what and using Crystals to get it right but it is very tedious, time consuming, and expensive lol. One can only farm so many hours in a day.

To be honest, there are only two ways to learn DQ.

1. Trial and error: you can bumble and fumble around in the game and learn your own way through things.
  2. Browse forums - constantly. I have next to nothing in game. I have multiple half-assed builds, mythic league in arena. However, I am always on the forums, and I can tell you almost anything about the game’s mechanics, items, etc.
    I still play the game, but not always. Maybe like an hour or two (max) a day. I spend my time affiliated with the game penciling builds, giving feedback, and creating my huge compendium, for the most part.

Just do whichever you feel, or a combination of both, and you’ll get to know the game. :wink:

This “huge compendium” I speak of is a guide on all things DQ. Like the wiki, but more in-depth and on the forums. It’s so huge, and it has so many parts. I can’t wait to finish it. If I ever do. Ugh. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

I printed most of what I found so far so I can reference at some point. But for me:

1. Trial and Error is great to a point. I am not trial and erroring it with Crystals / Mythstones lol. I work too darn hard to get those suckers and I’ll pass on that. PVM builds are pretty easy to trail and error. PVP builds are extremely hard as the Practice Arena is very bland and doesn’t help in knowing what works and what doesn’t.

2. I have been on the forums for a few days now and so far, learning all the fancy Acronyms you guys use for everything seems to be the biggest pain. I read one thread then have to do a search to understand what all the LOSKO and LP / EP8 / means.

I am a few hour a day person myself.

2 Likes

You can find alot of acronyms in the game’s codex, but quite a bit of the acronyms on the forums are forum specific. Like LOHKO (I think you meant) is a build by cronos entitled Lucky One-Hit Knock-out. When you see people use EP + a number, that is a difficulty. The game, in its early days, instead of using names for difficulties, used EP1, EP2, etc.

Yeah I’m slowly getting the lingo down.

Just takes time. Lots of it. :blush:

1 Like