New vanity please. Off hand weapon skin with lesser price :D :D :D

Hello :stuck_out_tongue:

My comment was more about mobile games price\complexity vs PC ones**, but ok.

In theory yes, “handcrafted” games feel more refined than procedurals, but
 it depends.
There are lot of good and bad examples for both types.

Well-made procedural titles like DQ are cool, but
 after a while they inevitably become too repetitive.
I probably played the same-looking maps 1000 times by now. :dizzy_face:
You offer a lot of variety for items and stats, but not much for the rest (compared to the progress speed).

With something more “handcrafted”, the player would get to experience more new\unique content during the game (e.g: places, monsters, npcs, puzzles, quests, etc
).
Procedurals allow “infinite” replayability, but that becomes almost a gimmick after a certain point.

**(I’m a GOG user, however, so I don’t even consider the expensive exploitative AAAs or the terrible Greenlight games)

Ok!

Thanks for the clarification. What I understand from what you saying: if there were more interesting visual aspects of the procedural generated levels it would make for a more enjoyable game.

Alarming to hear the comments about greenlight games though. For many developers (read: ones without major publishers) the only way to get onto steam is through the greenlight process. I will have to look into GoG publishing for future stuff and make sure we support that if we do pc titles.

Thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes

Surely more map types would help.
Only 4 main templates for 200-1000 levels are really too few.
But please also consider some new gameplay elements, if possible.

You should also increase those early experience+gold caps that force mid-high level players to grind forever in low maps. :confused:

–

About Greenlight, I’m not saying that all titles are bad, but there is surely a lot of crap there.
And it’s due to Steam lack of curation (you can check some videos on Youtube, if you want examples).

It would be great if you managed to create a PC version\game.
GOG is still small, but it’s growing and it is a nice alternative to Steam.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Yeah, the lack of curation on steam is a double edged sword for sure.

Will check into gog for sure!

I don’t think “hand crafted” maps are necessary. Perhaps the addition of new bosses randomly encountered during challenge maps?

I played Diablo 2 for countless years and can tell a LOT of the inspiration for this game is based around that ( Runes/Mythstones, Runewords/Mythics, Acts, Highly customized builds, etcs). Introduce more Diablo based features. Wide open, multi player PvP, similar to the blood Moore would be absolutely REVOLUTIONARY to mobile gaming. Limitless life, player capped games where you could PvP. Clearly trading wouldn’t necessarily be an option without introducing 3rd party purchases.

Clone bosses that always dropped eternal would be fun. Collect rare, random drop pieces from the cartographer, or new clone bosses that once all are collected introduced a new, extremely hard boss fight that would drop new, customizable eternals. I.E. eternals you could jewel. This would offer a whole new aspect of the game, giving a purpose to late, late game farming for veterans. Right now rewards for farming passed level 500 are fairly limited. Let’s fix that.

2 Likes

Yeah we agree multiplayer is a bare minimum cost of entry for us. While we couldn’t add it for DQ1 for any number of reasons discussed across the forum, we understand the expectations are to have features like that for future titles.

DQ was very much a learning experience for us and we have a lot of take away’s for what we can do to provide “fresh” game play content for our users while trying to keep our long term players engaged.

Thanks again.

(to clarify this is for our future titles
sorry if that wasn’t clear)

3 Likes

Hahahaha That’s my opinion ? what DQ is for kids that makes me one ? lol