PvP Damage Reduction / Prevention

Yup.

:joy: too much CV will OverRule Arena

2 Likes

Cerebral Vortex is being fixed by the next patch. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for what you give me yesterday. I tweaked, changed some Set Affix and I got 97% DMG Reduction and then I got 121k HP and 720 Power in Arena.

What a surprise is, I can kill the trio (Immortals) with only 10 Rounds not like before I need to draw till 16th to 18th Round. :blush:

I can also kill tanks without too much draws not like before. I guess that Im a tanky and a hitter right now. :blush:

P.S Immortal builds are already 5 at Arena Div 1 :joy::joy::joy:

But still, only the trios are the toughest.

2 Likes

Resist is better than Armor :+1:

Makes me happy. I never claimed immortal but am glad you defeat them. I stopped PvP several weeks ago.

If there is any way I can help you just let me know please.

1 Like

Great post, thank you for that :slight_smile:.

That is not entirely correct. DoTs (Fire and Poison DoT, Bleeds) all depend on the attack’s damage after damage reduction, and therefore they are inherently reduced correctly by that damage reduction. Perseverance just gives you an additional way to reduce this special type of damage.

Same as above. Crits, Deadly Strikes and Exposed/Ruptured etc. all increase the reduced damage, and are therefore inherently reduced correctly.
This increase however is not respected in the “DMG prevented” calculation - which means that the shown “DMG prevented” value is too low. Especially because Dodge and Block are not respected as well.

Damage reduction thus works correctly on all accounts, the “DMG prevented” value however is an underestimation and can only give you a “feeling” how much you reduce.

If you want to know the exact reduction, there is no way around actually calculating everything ;).

2 Likes

I had written that last part poorly. Thanks for helping me out @Midlumer The intent was to let the players know their damage prevention will vary in matches.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s basically true but you can get more of the AR to get more damage reduction in general but with the sacrifice of Fauns Gift. Still Satyrs spirit builds are definitely doable even for a DPS PvP build. The insane amount of AR% you can get with gold find and having combined with plagued and having lots of flat AR can definitely help you get lots of damage Reduction as a start.

Resist is better as I agree but the issue is that you get much less of it so you won’t get as much of a huge head start as AR. It’s still a good one when you combined with AR and very good with Fauns gift builds in general and popular.

Sometimes this thing build comes out of my mine everytime I farm many crystals.

I wanna try to put

Faun’s
Satyr’s
Plagued
CV
BM
Spellsword
Defiant

I think this build is too imba due to Armor and Resist multiplier.

But still I end up nothing because I always lack of Crystals especially Amethyst hahahaha

1 Like

EDIT : mind

those long post and comment still reading. . .

Eh they’re not long to me

Atlast, the answers i expected for so long :laughing:

2 Likes

Lol. Same here. I knew about some of this stuff due to Mr Scooty and also myself learning the formula.

1 Like

I already built the build whixh scooty, jws and Mandel that have been using for Eternal Div.1 Wizard build. But the problem is the difference of my DMG prevented between me and them.

I was just doing these calculations on the weekend in order to reach immortal build formula.
I could have did less work if I’d see this before.

1 Like

Yes you already did but I can kill in just 5 Rounds. Not like the Trios it takes me 10 Rounds to kill them.:joy:

@CuzegSpiked for Legend Affix Strength, on a legend gear, you should account for 2 Strength in PvP if your PvE value is 10 (max). You ‘can’ acheive 3 Strength for PvP but it is a very very very tedious process. I have only seen a 3 once and I almost fell in the floor when I saw it.

1 Like

Please let me know if you have any clarifications or questions on my 61% Damage Reduction / Prevention example from above @luisfsk