Questions regarding crit

So there’s crit, elemental crit (from ethereal drain), elemental crit (from affixes), and deadly strike.

What’s the difference between all those? Does regular crit + deadly strike have anything to deal with elemental crit? Also, I’m not entirely sure how deadly strike works in the first place.

What’s the difference between elemental crit from ethereal drain and from affixes? Can it go over the 40% cap?

For the frozen set affix, I need my gear to be ice element for it to work, right?

Help appreciated!

crit chance: chance for your attack to do above normal damage. all char start with 10% crit chance.
crit damage: how much extra damage your attack does when it crits. all char start with 50% crit damage. this doesn’t show up on the stat page.
elemental crit: chance for your elemental attack to do freeze, orbit, toxic, paralyze, immolate. char start with 0% chance to elemental crit. I don’t know how ethereal drain works with elemental crit, as I have not used it yet.
deadly strike: chance for your crit damage to be x2 (doubled). EG: if you do 100 damage, and it crit, you do 150 crit damage instead. then there is another chance for your crit damage to be deadly striked. if that happens, your 150 crit damage becomes 300 deadly strike instead.
if the elemental crit effect does damage of some kind, like DoT, the DoT can crit and deadly strike. but only for that one tick that went critical. EG: poison spread the damage done over 8 second if it elemental crits. this is extra damage over the original damage done. for each second, there is a chance that the DoT could be critical damage, and for each crit, there is a chance for the DoT to have the crit damage become a deadly strike.
elemental crit Epic Affix: Freeze, Orbit, Toxic, Paralyze, Immolate. if your weapon is ice, and you put elemental crit on it, it will be freeze. if your weapon is ice, and you put elemental crit on chest, which is ice, it will be freeze, and will be good for your weapon. if your chest is poison, it will be toxic instead, and will not help your ice weapon. if your main weapon (MH) is ice, and your other weapon (OH) is poison, your ice weapon will not elemental crit, but your poison weapon will. the element of your item with the elemental crit affix will determine what your epic elemental crit will be.
I hope this is helpful, and that someone can enlighten us with an answer about ethereal drain.

2 Likes

Thanks!