Rogue Flintlock PVE Build: Miss Fortune

I’m a lazy farmer, i hate pressing the buttons too much. When I play DQ and farm I just use my warrior with full farming set to walk and loot while I’m doing something else, usually watching twitch. Hence, I came up with a hireling who does all the work = ) I could’ve used other weapons but I love pistol for hireling, farming and a little bit of hiking.

(Miss Fortune from League of Legends. They’re every much alike)

Pros:
-massive range, kills the enemy before you even see them
-kills multiple targets, AoE damage
-fast map clear
-decent damage

Cons:
-somewhat weak against solo high rarity mobs (legend and mythic) at floor 2000+
-needs to stack fury to use stealth
-due to push the limit, it requires alot of fury to use stealth

[UPDATE] -with the recent nerf in crushing blow. This build will only be effective below 2k floor

Some info here might not be new to you, you might get bored reading the explanation but to help
the newbies i’ll try to explain even the simpliest stuff here. Bare with me = )

VIDEO GAMEPLAY

ITEM CHOICES AND LOOT ONLY AFFIXES

(Pet has Momentum Set Affix with Attack Speed)

As much as possible hunt for these items:
MUTINY FLINTLOCK ( or lance from warrior) - we need this for 100% ice damage and defiant
AETHER WARP - for 100% ice damage and/or 100% frostbite
APEX OF EPIPHANY - for epiphany bonus and 100% ice damage
LOOP OF EPIPHANY - for epiphany set, 100% ice damage and 100% frostbite
MASOCHIST’S FETISH - for set affix and push the limit

MUST READ
YOUR PET NEEDS TO HAVE ATTACK SPEED AFFIX FOR EPIPHANY BONUS TO WORK

(UPDATE)
-EPIPHANY BONUS BUG HAS BEEN FIXED IN PATCH 2.2
-IF YOU’RE GAME VERSION IS NOT 2.2 YOU STILL NEED PET WITH ATTCK SPEED AFFIX

SET AFFIXES

DEFIANT - for damage boost and additional damage buff for missing HP that will
synergize with Masochism.

FROZEN - for AoE damage and chain effect explosion

EPIPHANY - so we can get the dependent affix bonus of + 70% damage and we can have
425 Critical damage that will be good for deadly strike and brutal (x3 critical damage)

ADVENTURER- for damage buff and movement speed buff that will synergize with momentum, coatweapon and stealth

PERMAFROST- for 50% ice damage

MASOCHISM- one of the efficient set affix, you get 37.5% damage from the set alone, no other affix needed

MOMENTUM- gain some more damage from movement speed as we already have adventurer and movement speed buffs from coatweapon and stealth

MYTHIC AFFIX AND RESOURCE SYSTEM

FURY - resource system was a bit challenging for this build because of push the limit. Ricochet is a spam skill it consumes alot of resource. The only efficient resource system that will not compromise other affix is Fury. However, due to Push the limit, you will need to fully charge fury before you can use stealth. Good thing is we have 40 Stealth so by the time your stealth is over and cooldon you’ll have enough fury to cast stealth again.

This means you CANNOT use your mainhand’s special skill.

BRUTAL - we have 425% crit damage, so might as well get the most out of it. with 50% deadly strike
x3 critical will be sweet.

EMPYREAN - I’m sure very few has this eternal amulet. You can use empyrean for additional damage multiplier

CRYSTAL AFFIX

MUST HAVE:
X2 CRIT DAMAGE - for damage duh
X1 CRUSHING BLOW - to help you easily kill higher floor mobs which has high HP
X1 ATTACK SPEED - for epiphany bonus
X1 DEADLY STRIKE - damage multiplier for critical damage
X1 REDUCE CD - for perma stealth

LEGEND AFFIX

100% ICE DAMAGE
300% FROSTBITE OR MORE
+4 MULTIATTACK
IGNORE RESIST
50% GLASSCANNON

-most of theses legend affix will help boost DPS and damage from Frozen
-get +4 multiattack for more bullets

PERMA STEALTH

-20 DEXTERITY HEROIC POINTS
-X2 STEALTH
-2X +5 SKILLS (ELIXIR)

-this gives us 5 secs stealth with 4 secs cooldown. You cant survive high floor without this

TALENT TREE
MUTILATE - multiattacks have 30% additional damage
REBOUND - +150% damage of ricocheted bullets
PROPULSION - for knockback, will help with high rarity mobs
DEADEYE - +20% deadly strike

AI SETTING FOR HIRELING

There it is folks. I know some players were looking for a flintlock build but couldn’t find one or they think there’s no viable or powerful builds for pistols. This has a decent damage, usually around 500M - 500B, you’ll see tirllions and quadrillions. Hope this can guide you with your build if you want to use pistols.

25 Likes

I’m psyched to see this. Especially since it’s ice pistol rogue. Curious about an ice/shock build for rogue… in my mind, it seems like a lot of movement hindrance, which is perfect for long range fighters… but I dunno. I dunno what I’m doing with builds yet. Lol

nice build guide +1

Hahahahahaha damn, that’s better than my frost ricochet build. Nice work!

Nice guide… was gonna do a somewhat similar build except using a Berserker Bow (jaspered Axe) and Insolence… (I dont have Legend Pet with Attack Speed :sob:)

Is Fury preferable in you build rather than Energy because of the fast resource consumption of Pistol mainskill?

with push the limit the other resource system is not viable. Energy will be drained instantly. The other option is desperation but youll need to many mana regen for that. blood magic will kill you as the resource cost will be increased (

1 Like

@Refia I think this build deserves to be on build compendium :slight_smile: .

Nice build fookie. Can’t wait to see it in action on a video.

@f00kee the Mighty. Maybe I should give you my build ideas since I’m so lazy. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Give me all your gold and crystals :smile:

3 Likes

8m and an amethyst or two isn’t too great. :sweat_smile:

Is that a fortune bringer hireling? That goes extremely well with fortune bringer and extreme dmg from miss fortune. I do use a fortune bringer build so that’s why I asked.

Fortune bringer is good because you can compress all the farming affixes in one build to cap luck, gold and item drops while your miss fortune does the genocide of mobs. Epiphany helps extremely well too.

Also thanks for that flintlock build @f00kee . Now i know that they can be extremely powerful if used right and this is good inspiration.

I’m using Epiphany + 75% Block + 75 %dodge. Ho HP affixes, basic farming Set affixes then max luck,gold find item drop and some exp stones

1 Like

Epiphany rocks for farming. I only just realised today lmao thanks to you :smiley:

812.5% cap gold and luck as well as 250% capped item drops (350% if using hirling).

The fortune bringer will definitely soak up the benefits from epiphany. Cronos made such a good invention :smile: .

I ask about you having fortune bringer because your miss fortune build has no loot affixes but only pure dmg affixes while that warrior of yours has the gold and luck/item drops.

Oh yeah ^^ that boost in all farming related affixes is awesome ^^

1 Like

I had an epiphany yesterday. Is that what you guys are on about?

1 Like

What is the highest peak damage you can do to a mystic enemy in floor 700+?

1 Like

I couldn’t remember as I was not paying attention to damage = ( but I know it can kill Mythic boss in 5-10 secs at floor 700

1 Like

No we were just going on about how epiphany [5] dramatically affects farming affixes and then about fortune bringer :sunglasses:

Oh, I had one epiphany yesterday. Does that count?

2 Likes

Yes, as long as you have epiphany [5] on gear , it will raise the cap by 25%.
This means 650% gold/luck can be turned into 812.5% and item drops I think turned into 250% [350% if 100% item drops hidden, though it appears as 325%].

With fortunate, that 812.5% turns into 1012.5% gold and luck :smile: and I can earn 3M-5M gold, obviously alot of difference seen if packsize with magic enemies.