Rubik's Crystallography

They can be removed the same way a Crystal Affix is. Lost my Vanish once because of it. :frowning:

They can be removed the same way a Crystal Affix is. Lost my Vanish once because of it. :frowning:[/quote]

Maybe he meant by using Kyanite? I definitely canā€™t remove itā€¦ but my intuition tells me that it can be disenchantedā€¦ My toon is not rich enough to experiment

Hi Rubik, i want to say thanks for that great post.
Iā€™ve only one question, you sayd

and my question is, why epic? Rare, Magic or even normal arenā€™t equivalent?

Ok, I will add another question, what is the max IQ% that i can find on a dropped item?

[quote=ā€œbacomenonā€]Hi Rubik, i want to say thanks for that great post.
Iā€™ve only one question, you sayd

and my question is, why epic? Rare, Magic or even normal arenā€™t equivalent?

Ok, I will add another question, what is the max IQ% that i can find on a dropped item?[/quote]

Youā€™re welcome!

Thatā€™s a good question, and the best explanation I can come up with right now is, Iā€™m not sure. :wink:

Yes any grade will work just fine. Probably why I said epic is they seem to have higher IQ more often than the others. And since you get tons of lower grade gear, it can really be a hassle looking at them all, so I just stick with inspecting the epics. Itā€™s totally up to you though.

10% is max I have ever seen naturally. Iā€™ve seen 10% quite a few times, but never more than that, so Iā€™m assuming thatā€™s max.

Happy hunting!

Thanks a lot! Up to now iā€™ve found my best IQ% with magic/rare items but jut because the are more common.

Iā€™ve another question:
since Zircon is rarier than Kyanite, isnā€™t better start from an item with 3/4 sockets and then search the perfect crystal affix applying Kyanite?

Nope, as stated, the only way to remove a crystal affix is with Quartz. Kyanite does not work. And since Quartz is random, it will end up taking all your affixes with it trying to get the crystal affix back off.

1 Like

Thanks for the guide rubik. very helpful.

I think I save more on amethyst when I get a lot of legends with the set affix I need and just use obsidian on it. If I donā€™t get the crystal affix I need I try another piece. But I guess that itā€™s limited on how many pieces I have >.>

Not really.

There are valuable things you cannot get with rubies (Element Damage%, Weapon Damage%, MirrorCast, etc.), it is better to use those items as base if you plan to implement such stuff in your builds.

Is it possible to reroll a set affix or do I have to remove it and apply it again? Iā€™m trying to get a battlemage affix onto a wizzardā€™s amulet and then to convert it to warrior class with jasper.

You can only remove it via kyanite and apply amethyst and hope to get lucky.

And does the item quality matters in what set affixes you can roll?

As Far As I know it doesnā€™t affect set affix. I know it affects rolls of the affix for the max range though.

Iā€™m a little confused with the second picture. It indicates to convert Calcite into Angelite but salvage Angelite into Calcite :confused: is my understanding correct? Plus, shouldnā€™t be quartz be retained for the affix removal purposes?

itā€™s for the 500 uses of crystal feat for a rare crystal.

you convert up calcite to angelite and salvage down again. It gets + in uses.

Quartz is not good because itā€™s random. Example you have a affix that you want to stay. It can remove that.

Use kyanite instead to pick what you want to remove.
It does not work with crystal affix though. Thatā€™s why in his guide you start to put crystal affix then if didnā€™t get the affix that you want you can quartz it.

itā€™s for the 500 uses of crystal feat for a rare crystal.

you convert up calcite to angelite and salvage down again. It gets + in uses.

Quartz is not good because itā€™s random. Example you have a affix that you want to stay. It can remove that.

Use kyanite instead to pick what you want to remove.
It does not work with crystal affix though. Thatā€™s why in his guide you start to put crystal affix then if didnā€™t get the affix that you want you can quartz it.[/quote]

I see now. I didnā€™t know that thereā€™s a feat for converting/salvaging crystals. I guess I need to work on my dictionary more. Thanks !

1 Like

If I want too remove a crystal affix from an item because it was bad but I already have a legendary affix that i couldnā€™t put back on the item on it is it potentially possible too remove the crystal affix but not the legendary with quartz

Before the sorting patch - yesā€¦

but now, not anymore

Is it just me or do the embedded pictures not show for others now?

Do you have the same guide about mythic stones?

I donā€™t think there needs to be a guide for mythstones because for high level players and for any player. mythstones are used far less and less of a demand

1 Like