The Question Thread

but beware the consequences…considering the player already has other affixes he/she needs :smile:

I have some questions. Some(or most lol) of them might already be answered but i’m still gonna leave them here if anyone wants to answer them/refer me to an answer from another thread as i will also be searching for them in the forums if i can. Thank you! so here goes…

1.does the +5 skill mythic apply to skills which the equipping class doesn’t have? for example i use a wiz with blinkstrike proc, does that mean the blinkstrike stats are of lvl5 blinkstrike?(lvl5 dmg,cooldown,etc)

2.is the harmony mythic only applicable once? if for example i gain 100 mp(on hit or resource orb or other skill), i get 25 hp. but does it stop there? i mean do i get 25% of that 25hp(which is 5) as mp and so on?

3.i just want to confirm AGAIN if mp absorb and permafrost REDUCES the damage taken(like armor or something). example, enemy gives 100 dmg and with permafrost lvl1 i only receive 92 dmg which will be reduced by armor and other affixes?

4.some q’s on taunt and/or fear:
a.is the untargetable carto affected by these coz i dont see it getting pulled
b.why are some mobs being stunned instead of pulled with aftermath? i dont have any stun chance of bewilder and i don’t see any of the meteor effects with stun
c.do they affect malum spawns coz those things are like, half buried right? sorry this was just out of curiosity. i dont even know why i asked :slight_smile:

5.if i buy a new skin for my pet, is the previous skin still equippable like a vanity or do i have to buy it again?

6.does +2 extra attack chance mean that i will have a max of 3 projectiles with 100% dmg each in one cast and a max of 5 projectiles with +4 extra attack chance?

7.does stealth, taunt, fear and coat have damage boosts through identity?

8.do enemy projectiles get buffed when i use timewarp and have cosmic power set affix?

9.why is it that the max number of cs/ms per conversion is only 50? will that also get fixed in the next patch especially for players with thousands of lets say calcite to convert?

10.how does the dmg reduction on skullshield work and does it have hp too because it gets dispelled after a few hits? does this system also apply to skulldraga?

11.is there a way to sort items in the stash?

that’s all for now…thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions. now it’s time to dig :smiley:

Yup learned the hard way on that one. I believe I may have misinterpreted that Rubik’s guide. Now I know!

1. I believe so, yes.

2. No; it only activates once. Otherwise, if you do the math, you would gain all MP and HP back (in tiny amounts).

3. Damage dealt by an enemy is based on their power and your armor, damage reduction, etc. Unless an affix specifically states that it adds to, for example, your Armor stat, the damage will be calculated based on your stats, and then calculated using Permafrost, or whichever affix would have an effect like that.

4. I would think that it is permanent considering that there is no vanity screen for pets.

5. I typed a huge response for this then realized: I might be wrong. Don’t want to give misinformation.

6. If you are not a rouge, yes.

7. No, only your projectiles.

8. @SteigerBox

9. manually. :smiley:

1 Like
  1. MP absorb on Permafrost doesnt reduce damage. However if you pair it with things like Manashield where when you are hit it takes away your mana instead of HP then MP absorb can be considered as damage reduction in that mechanism.

2. stealth, taunt, fear will get damage boost from identity as these skills deals damage but not coat which is a spell buff

1 Like

According to this thread, no.

That’s not how math works. The series converges. You would get approximately 106.6667 mp and 26.6667 hp. Which doesn’t necessary make your answer of it only activating once wrong.

Luckily a dev response in another thread made it sound like this feature is coming in 2.1, but I can’t say for sure.

1 Like

Math isn’t my strong suit, but I’m pretty sure if you take 25% from a number constantly it never reaches 0. And, if it does reach 0, then my philosophy that complex math is a waste of time, energy, and thought is true.

1 Like

Interesting ^^ Imagine if the series oh HP gain and MP gain compounds or if reapplied.

So I have this for now on my farmer.
Should I try to get epic luck+gold find? Only have one obsidian, so doubt I’d get lucky with that.
And try for legendary item quantity, or socket+30%quantity?
And lastly, should I convert up to the +2 sets mythstone and put it on to the ring, or not worth it?

Any tips would be highly appreciated.

If you’re concerned about wasting a Ruby, do a mythstone. You can try for the legendary affix, but you might not get it, or you might get it and get a bad roll. Socketing a mythstone is a guaranteed 30% Item Drops.

Socketing an Elixer for +2 All Sets depends on your gear. If you don’t have any green set affixes, don’t do it. :wink: Converting mythstones all the way up to Elixer is way expensive though.

Thanks for the reply . Currently have Crystalline on hat, Eternalized on gun, Adventurer on chest, and Nadroji’s on the amulet.

Then I would absolutely put an Elixer in a socket in order to get +2 All Sets. Getting that +2 to Crystalline, Eternalized, and Nadroji at the same time is a HUGE use of 1 affix slot.

But remember that it doesn’t necessarily have to go on that ring – you can also socket an amulet with Elixer to get +2 skills. The reason why I mention that is because you probably won’t be using that Hunter ring forever, due to the fact that you can either 1) equip it to activate a shrine then unequip it to wear a better ring while actually farming, or 2) the upcoming Hunter Perk in the 2.1 Ascension system completely supercedes it. If you put the Elixer into your end-game amulet instead, you won’t have to re-socket in the future if you ever change your ring. Just food for thought.

Thanks for the very informative replies man. I was lucky enough to get my first nadroji’s item in the form of a Nadroji’s Crystal amulet :slight_smile:
So would put the Elixir stone into the hunter ring, and roll with it while farming to improve my hirelings dps build.
Then I could postpone the hunter perk til later.

Hunter perk is almost useless if you have Hunter Ring already. Just allows more laziness, haha. :smile:

I thought the max lvl was 99? Why is the xp bar orange? Also,my main hand and offhand skills,they changed to this fireball coming down,idk the name. I clearly had the bow equpted,but it didn’t give me the arrows. I also had the mirror equpted,so ik it can’t be that.Ii had a new peace of gear(hat) on so idk if that’s what’s causing it or what. I dunno how to take a screenshot on an amazon kindle fire.

Once you become Level 99, your Heroic Exp bar replaces your Exp bar. As to your issue, you probably required an item with the Set Affix “Spell Sword.” This affix changes your attacks to the Wizard’s staff skills.

1 Like

Oh OK. I’m still confused with the affixes an all. Thanks for the help.I never thought about the heroic rxp.

Q1: If you are using a hireling, how do your chars gain exp? I mean if the enemy gives 1k exp when it dies, do both your chars get 500 exp each or 1k each?

Q2: If one of your chars has a total exp bonus of 100% from affixes and/or mythstones while the other char has none, does the 1st one get 100% more exp and the other doesn’t, or do they both get 100% more exp?

1. Does Luck in map or in gear affects converting legends to crystals?

2. Is the luck and gold displayed in the stat page compose of the gear only or gear+difficulty?

What’s the specific difference between Ignore Resist and the Effective mythic?

For example, if Effective mythic changes my poison damage to ice, does the ice damage become DoT like poison was? Will an elemental critical still look like a poison cloud but just be dealing ice damage?