The Question Thread

what orb.? can u screenshot the pictures with description.?

as i remember what can trigger exposed,
Wizard sword primary “pierce”
Warrior sword special “sword throw”
Warrior hatchet primary “toss”
Rogue bow primary “guidedshot”

Dunno cant upload :\ here is screenshot http://clip2net.com/s/3v9Puug

I have some ManaShield questions.

How does damage reduction work with ManaShield? As an example, I’m thinking of combining Defiant(5) and Deadly Arts(5) with 60% deadly strike … so will I get 25% + 60% = 85% damage reduction on my ManaShield? Then if I use the Barrier talent (consume -1.5% MP per talent lvl), can I reduce the damage even further?

Does ManaShield still work as normal with resource systems? Specifically, BloodMagic or Energy, as I’m considering those.

I hope someone can answer, I tried to not create a new thread.

Could you share wisdom a little more please?:slight_smile:
What Sorcery talent means? +% Element Effect effectivness - Is it just generic type for celestial\blight etc?

I can tell you that Mana Absorb, Permafrost, and Barrier all function with mana shield, and they ask function as they state themselves. Barrier is essentially 1.5% DMG Reduction.

Multiple damage reductions aren’t done by adding the percents (or else you’d quickly get past 100% - taking damage would heal you!)

Flip them around to how much damage you end up taking, then multiply those together. For your Defiant(5) + Deadly Arts(5) + 60% Deadly Strike, you’d do this:

Defiant: 25% = .25  -> 1-.25=.75
Deadly: 60% = .60  -> 1-.60=.40

.75*.40 = .3 = 30%

So you end up taking 30% of the original damage.

1-.3 = .7 = 70%

Which is equal to a 70% damage reduction from combining them.

2 Likes

I love math.

Does %ED increase bleed DMG as well ?

Does multi attack and extra attack obly affect primary skills? I’m trying out a pvp blinker with discordance, and not sure whether to use multi/extra attack or not. For example is earthquake mythic or terrashaper affected by multi attack?

1. multi attack and EAC works only on primary attacks
  2. Discordance in this recent patch switches mana cost and cooldown ONLY not multi, dmg and EAC
    (this is based on tests tho as no devs or admins confirm these changes)

Oh okay. I’m not so sure the dmg stays the same, seem lower.

Do you also know how %ed works out in arena? A 1k ed stat gives me higher powerstat in arena than when switching it for a %ed affix. Tried this with various setups stat setups. Ed gives More power in every setup I tried. It’s really confusing, because I don’t know whether to use 5x %ed or not. IF they really are as weak as the power stat shows, I might aswell fill those slots with better affixes.

It does. both 1k ed and ed% affects your power in arena. I suggest read ilidan371’s guide about DPS formula

In arena your power stat is scaled down. The item affixes get scaled down as well. This causes the DPS formula to behave very differently.

DPS = (({[BWD * (1+WD%) * (1+WIQ)] + WD} * (1 + ED%)) + ED)*AS

Let A = BWD = Base Weapon Damage
B = 1+WD% = Weapon Damage %
C = 1+WIQ = Weapon Item Quality
D = WD = Weapon Damage +
E = 1+ED% = Elemental Damage %
F = ED = Elemental Damage +
G = AS = Attack Speed

DPS = {ABCE + DE + F} * G

Since I’m too lazy to look for the info and don’t know how much the reductions are off the top of my head, I’ll just make a rough estimate. Let’s just say your power and all your item affixes gets reduced to 1/5 of their original value. The formula will then be a lot different.

ABCE will be reduced to roughly 1/125 of its original value

DE will be reduced to roughly 1/25 of its original value

F will be reduced to roughly 1/5 of its original value

That is why you are seeing ED better than ED% in arena.

1 Like

Work +Nadroji Bonus on hireling ?
I mean the 100% rarity enemy bonus.

Ok sry for the question it works :smiley:

I tried arena with and without WD%. My power stayed at same number with both. Does WD% actually do nothing in arena, or is there some hidden power there?

Didn’t you notice a dps Increase?

No, none at all.

Edit: the power stat I mean. The weapon in itself shows higher dps, but isn’t the power stat suppose to go up aswell?

That makes sense but do your attacks deal higher dps with wd? Ed is generally better though in arena because of it power increase and dps increase is big.

Can’t try it atm. Anyway, I was just thinking of leaving all wd% and ed% behind in favor of other affixes because of how little those stats seem to affect things. Unless there’s huge hidden power behind them, which is the annoying thing, that I don’t know and the information available is very blurry.

But I will try to just run ED on every piece and wd ön weapon, leaving 5x ed% and 1x wp% behind in favor of procs, immunities, defence etc. We’ll see how it works out :slight_smile:

Your Power stat (the one that caps at 299) will not increase via anything.