The Question Thread

I tried searching for this answer but the rogue talent ambush causes projectiles to drop traps. Will heroic points in lay trap or sentry boost the dmg of the ambush traps?

Thanks in advance.

Yep, damage stack, +50% damage, torrent :smiling_imp:

Yup exactly :blush: I donā€™t really understand why people donā€™t use thunder more itā€™s super duper powerful

Fire and bleed more shine I guess, haha

Hehehe yup must be it

Hello you guys,

I got a few questions for you :slight_smile: maybe you can help:

1. Elem Crit cap is 40% afaik, but does additional Freeze/Toxic/etc. also count into that? Or may I have 40% ECrit and 15% Toxic and it amounts to 55% Chance to spawn poison cloud?
  2. Is there a cap on damage reduction? Or do I have with Equivalance and ShieldWall 90% damage reduction when I have 1/1 current HP/MP for instance?
  3. How does the damage reduction of defiant work? Does it add 25% reduced damage or does it add 25% or my damage reduced % (so if I have 50% damage reduction it would then add another 12.5% only at 100%HP)? Is it then increased to 50% if I have only 1HP left?
  4. Is there a cap on HP/MPregen? What is it on Elem Dmg% and Element Crit %? Is there a list :)?
  5. What does it mean if the numbers turn orange instead of green in the stats window if thereā€™s no cap given? MPregen is orange in the Defense/All Stats section (30K), but there is no cap in [ ] given behind the number. HPregen is orange in the Defense section and green in the All Stats section (14.7K).
  6. Multi and Extra Attack Chance: Do they do something for secondary attacks like Twister/Meteor? Because on primary you can see the animation for 2 multi going three shots instead of 1, and extra attack chance is also visible. But not so for the secondary skills. So are multi attacks triggered on secondaries, or some, or none?

Thank you so much :smiley: :heart_eyes:

Mid

1. Cap is 40 (unless you have epiphany set to increase the cap.
  2. It doesnt work that way, damage reduction implementation doesnt work by adding all damage reduction %.
  3. at lvl 5 you get permanent 25% damage and dmg reduc . the other benefit is, the less current hp you have you get more bonus dmg reduc and damage.
  4. 30K is the cap for each
  5. It means itā€™s capped or itā€™s a good/sufficient amount
    6 Only works with Primary attacks

Does +XP so anything on M3 beyond 25%? The stats page doesnā€™t show the +175% like it does with gold/luck.

Thx a bunch! Regarding Elem Crit and Toxic, if I have 40% EC and 15% Toxic it shows 55% Toxic green in the Offense section. Nevertheless itā€™s cropped at 40% then? Just to be sure :relieved:

ā‚¬: So is there a thread somewhere about dmg reduction?

damage reduction is multiplicative. example: your damage reduction from equivalence is 50% and shieldwall at 40%. Your total DR% will be:

Total DMG Reduction % = {1 - [(1 - 0.5)*(1 - 0.4)]} * 100% = 70%

Another way to look at it is through the damage dealt to you:

Final DMG = Original DMG * (1 - 0.5) * (1 - 0.4)
Final DMG = Original DMG * (0.5) * (0.6)
Final DMG = Original DMG * (0.3)

Note that this does not include DR from armor and other dmg reducers.

Do you know actual formula with AR and Armor? Or its same as you mentioned?

everyone should. itā€™s in the codex.

dmg after armor = dmg - (dmg * (armor/(armor + (enemy level) * 1000)))

or you can translate it to another DR multiplier

DR due to armor = {armor / [armor + (enemy level * 1000)]} * 100%

so if you want to combine all of those damage reducers including DR from armor it will be

final dmg = orig dmg * (1-DR1) * (1-DR2) * (1-DR3) ā€¦ and so on

just fill in the values for the DRā€™s

1 Like

I just started playing DQ a few days on my iPad and yeahā€¦ I read some guides how to get started but Iā€™m still confused because there ist just so much to know. I figured first thing is to get to a high floor and get a good farming equip. I saw some nice farm gears in this forum but i dont have the mythstones to go for mythical Equipment yet. So can someone help me what i can go for with not having that very high mythstones and crystals yet?
I know i should max gold find and item drops and try to run with that and not die^^
But what are the first things that are worth using cs/ms?
Also after Legends(red) i saw green, lightblue and purple equipā€¦
Purple are the mythicals and only obtainable with 4 correct mythstones in sockets right?
But what about the others? Green = eternal = very rare drops?
Whats lightblue then?
And a last question regarding pvpā€¦ I always get messages about loosing Rank points due to an abandoned match. What is this? I Never gave up or quit from a fight, so i dont know why i lose points :o
Thanks for any help and have a nice day :smile:

Any of the farming masters can help me out by answering these questions?
1)Does Luck or Gold Find affect the rarity of how many crystals drop or the rarity of crystals that drop?
2)Where is the best floor range to farm crystals?
Thanks in advance :wink:

hi anyone knows if ignore resist and effective mythic stacks? i found double and triple resist enemies too hard to kill with my build eventhough the dmg output crits at around 600+b or 4 digits B. thanks.

ano question what app is best to video capture while i play dq on ipad?

Perfect, that is the info I was looking for :).

@tom2016 also:

• Gold find only rises the amount of gold dropped.
  • Item drop increases the amount of items dropped, only that.
  • Luck increases the rarity of the dropped items. Magic < Rare < Epic < Legend < Eternal/Crystal.
  • Eternal (green) means itā€™s a legendary item with base quality 50%, and you cannot change any of the affixes. Crystal (light blue) means that the Legend has one crystal affix.
  • Purple means that a Mythic has been put into the item.
  • Crystal rarity is increased slowly with the floor level. Iā€™m currently at floor 1.2k+ but Obsidian etc. almost never drop. Itā€™s a lot better to farm at levels 250-850 or so with Eternalized or Crystalline Set (preferably at level 5) and then convert the found Eternal/Crystal Legends to Crystals for 500k. With my gear I find almost the same Legends at any given floor over and over again, you need floor 750 to be able to find all Legends.

Hope I could help a bit, Mid.

1 Like

Thx a mil,that helped alot!:heart:

So These set affixes like crystalline can be found by luck on legend and eternal Drops? And I need 5 equips with this affix or what do you mean by lvl 5?
Thaanks for your help :slight_smile: