The Question Thread

Living force? It chance return projectile to attakcer, dmg 50% per rank. What is chance to return?

all ur projectile attack will have 100%piercing and pulled back to you after reaching certain distance(basically ders no %chance cuz all ur projectile attack will return to ur cast point. if u cast orb it will return to the part where u cast it after reaching its max distance)n 2.3 its been nerf 20%dmg per rank. rank 5 = 100%dmg return @kevs926 dont work on ricochet guidedshot

I tot living force refer to enemy ataks, a chance for they attak not reach u, but returm to hit them.
Anyway, i search thread of effective. It say 1.25 thing but 0 on enemy immune

1. AR reduces all DMG. Resist only reduces DMG from a certain element. All Resist gives Resist to all elements and functions the same way as AR since all attacks have an element.

2. Player and Minion’s AR and Resist work as stated in the Dictionary’s formula section.

3. Monsters don’t have the same defensive mechanics. They have no AR and no Resist. Their “Resistance” works differently from a player’s “Resist”. A monster’s Resistance is determined by their element (reduces DMG of said element by 50%), their Greatly Resist Element affix (reduces said element by 75%) and by the various Map affixes which either increases the damage reduction of the previous 2 or gives them Element Immunity (reduces all DMG of the Map’s Element to 0%). Because monsters have an element, they also have a weakness and when you hit them with said weakness, they take 25% more DMG. Since Element Immunity is dependent on the Map’s element. A monster can be immune to their own weakness like Fire Furies in the Ice Maps.

Weaken affects both Monster Resistance and Player Resist.

2 Likes

tnx for that detailed xplanation. @clogon very helpful

I have a question. Why 100% pack size affix on challenge maps is enough to cap out at 300%?
Why the affix itself is 150% max while you only need 100 to achieve the cap of this affix? Just curious :slight_smile:

Probably a bug. The afffix goes to 200% max. It is possible that the +100% pack size buff is included towards the cap.

Never seen a map with higher packsize than 150.

i made some tests on frostbiting and high voltage vs epic enemies.

3s stun doesnt work on epic enemies but the high voltage works, i notice a ministun though
freeze and dmg boost doesnt work on epic enemies at all
legendex monsters (floor 5…25…100…150…195 bosses) are not affected by stun, freeze and dmg boosts

twisters provide a ministun but doesnt trigger high voltage dmg boost

does high voltage affect legend and mythic monsters?
will there be a change somehow to freeze and frostbiting? it should at least trigger the dmg boost on epic+ enemies
is there a legend affix: coatweapon proc?
what is the legend affix: mirrorcast? -> not in codex
i need some legend items with twister proc, on offhand
also, why does timewarp not boost dmg when the target and me are both inside? it only works if one of them is outside

i seached the codex, only wildhide armor has it

does this bug still happen with effective mythic?

btw you said “and” does it mean i need to get both weaken and effective?

@kevs926 ya u need atleast weaken 100-200% thats the only alternative if ur not gona use ignore resist affix. effective ring also helps. i cant play the vid since my net too slow. what version are u playing? its like not 2.3 version the gold has no commas and the potion is in 99quantity lol. it moded apk?

@roykiyoy
i mean, does the alternative require both 100+% weaken AND effective ring?
the video was from another thread discussing ignore resist vs effective mythic. It wasnt mine. it was dated long ago. just asking if that still happens with effective mythic. basically shows an enemy with immune affix and the “EFFECTIVE” is showing while you attack. however, no dmg is dealt and no dmg number appear.

Well I haven’t encountered that problem yet, so I am guessing that it no longer exists. But I have not tried what the video showed, having a shock weap with effective ring attacking a fire immune mob yet.

@kevs926 the main alternative is the 100%-200%weaken … effective ring is just to add since it workwell w/ weaken and inc ur dmg output.

ascendant affix also good since it has 62.5% reduce resist (if ur gonna use arcane) at rank 5 might as well add arcanist for more dmg.

hireling question.
if i put xp myth in my hireling. will it inc my hireling xp received even i dont use it as my main?

if i put xp myth on my main will it affect my hireling xp too?

It will only affect your hireling I believe, whichever char the xp mythstone is on.
So if you put xp myth in your hireling, it will only increase your hireling exp.

If you put xp myth in your main, it will not affect your hireling exp, it will only increase your main exp.

1 Like

@clogon glasscannon 50% will reduce hp pool by 50%

will zealos talent proc (inc dmg/ms when hero hp is above 75%) stil works ? or not since hp pool already been halve

Zealous should still work. Even though glasscannon reduces HP pool by 50%, I think zealous will adapt to the new HP pool after glasscannon and still work if it’s 75% full or above.

Mashochism could still work with glasscannon because if hp below 75% or 50%, the 37.5% dmg can be gained even if HP pool cut by 50%.

@CuzegSpiked i tested on 90%Glascannon zealos didnt work

Maso will work if u have more than 1 hp and 1 hp regen. Even with mana shield