The Question Thread

So no increase from Stealth, sad :confused:

Hmm okay that makes it quite bad I guess?

In more ways than one. :frowning: hopefully it will be buffed.

In PvP if I have Crushing Blow affix and one of my hits is a ‘crushing blow’ to my opponent, does my normal dmg get replaced?

Why I ask is cause we all know that CB is quite bad in PvP but I have a pet with all nice affixes except it also has CB, which I’m thinking might be very detrimental to me in PvP if it procs and replaces, say, a 10k hit with a 200 dmg Crushing blow :face_with_head_bandage:

Yes it gets replaced.

1 Like

I am very late to the funny joke

1 Like

Of course. Memes are king - reminds me of the Behind the Meme channel. :smile: :parrotcop: :thumbsup: :wink: :yum: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: .

How long is an enemy/player pierced if the “pierced” effect even has a timer. Just wondering.

1 Like

Pro question :slight_smile:

If I have Elements set and +5,000 ED affix (let’s say it’s +5,000 shock dmg since my gear is shock element), then when Elements procs and changes my attack element to something else would I still receive the 5,000 ED boost even though the atk changed from shock to a different element? @midlumer

Yes elemental damage is calculated in before the attack has it’s element changed :smile:

1 Like

As stated in their descriptions, they affect WD of the weapon. Changing the element of an attack does not change the element of said weapon.

1 Like

Thanks guys @griffin @clogon :slight_smile:

I’m also wondering this :thinking:

Quick q, what exactly is “arcane effect”? As in Ascendant - reduces enemy’s resists when applying “arcane effect”

Ascendant is referencing the arcane elemental effect being applied to enemies in the same ways as poison/shock/ice/fire are :smile:

1 Like

Thought so thanks for clarifying :smile:

Does anyone know in Arena what are the factors that determine if you get 0, 2,500 or 5,000 xp from a match?

If it actually says 0 that’s a bug but 2500 is for a loss and 5000 is for a win :trophy: :+1:

1 Like

0 if you forfeit/close game etc. before finishing duel :wink:

1 Like
  1. If I use Discordance and Whirlwind. Do EAC and MultiAttack work with Whirlwind? (Really confused since Hit frequency governs Whirlwind AFAIK).

2. Are special skills considered as “attacks”? (might consider using special skills for proccing but proc wording says “… every second while attacking”)

3. Since the legend and mythic MS affix is capped at 50% and total MS effects from sets, skills and talents is capped at 100%, does that mean that 150% MS is the hard cap?

1. Yes. It works as expected like the description of the discordance mythic says. Discordance Whirlwind is indeed possible and actually powerful if you tried it in high floor maps.
    I haven’t tried it myself but I know it will work. The cooldown isn’t too bad but the real deal is that it could deal far more MH% than before thanks to hero points, Multi Attack and Extra Attack as well as Push the Limit.

2. Yes. Special Skills are indeed attacks. You can trigger procs using special skills and it appears that you have a higher chance of procing from hitting the low CD skill.
    However the best way to get so many procs is fast attacking and using all the attacks you can get (primary skill, secondary skill of Mainhand and Offhand weapons {MH of OH}).
    This is the reason why if you have 50% meteor Proc, you are guaranteed to move around the map very fast just by holding shatter until you run out of mana.

3. Lastly for move speed, short answer is no you won’t get 150% Move speed gained .

Long Answer: The cap for gaining bonus MS is 100% and this can be achieved in a few ways.

The cap for move speed gained from skills/mythics/talents alone is 100% but once you reached 100%, that’s it. You won’t get 150% from 100% move speed from skills and 50% from legend affixes as it goes over the cap from 100% move speed.

The reason why I say the move speed added is bonus MS is because your character has default 100% move speed. When you add 100% move speed through affixes+skill/Mythic/talent , your character has 200% move speed so it moves twice as fast.

100% Move Speed is either obtained by just skills (Shieldwall+Sprint and hero points for example) or:

Legend affix +Dexterity for 40% Move Speed (30%+10% from dexterity) + the other 60% or so from skills for move speed such as Shieldwall , Coat, Stealth, Knights charge , Whirlwind, etc to help you reach 100% MS bonus.

Also when you added 100% move speed total, Momentum will give you 50% increased DMG because it’s 100%*50%= 50% increased DMG.

I think Momentum once used the default move speed as well as bonus move speed in calculation so you’d get 100% DMG increase but now it’s 50% because momentum only uses bonus MS in its calculation which is easily gained through skills/affixes.

1 Like

Wow thanks!

Yes. It works as expected like the description of the discordance mythic says. Discordance Whirlwind is indeed possible and actually powerful if you tried it in high floor maps.
I haven’t tried it myself but I know it will work. The cooldown isn’t too bad but the real deal is that it could deal far more MH% than before thanks to hero points, Multi Attack and Extra Attack as well as Push the Limit.

Will Attack speed work with Whirlwind if there is discordance? Or Would it still be Hit Frequency?

I use sprint in may main character (poison) and my hiring is also using sprint (poison) is it possible to have mix the damage? or it is in my main character only?