Theorycraft, or How to Destroy the [Game] World

For rogue I recommend using Flintlock+Mirror for quick/lasting mass killing and speed single take-down:
0. Basic rule of flint: fire rate comes first. Doubled with mirror.

1. Ricochet is the only heroic skill you need to upgrade, and dramatically increase the base dmg to 100% + 20% rebound change + 20% projectile speed and ignoble -20% skill cost
  2. Talents directly related to DMG of Ricochet: (when lv 20)Rebound +150% DMG Pistoller+50% chance of Ricocheting to enemys.
  3. Talents indirectly to boost DMG or survival: You can pick Ambush+ Ensuring to spawn traps and stuns enemies on projectiles hit or Knockback enemies/Dodge Bullets to increase survival, or enhance your mirror image duration/deception. It produces massive DMG when combined with Ambush to lay traps.
  4. Crushing Blow takes 25%/12.5%(Epic)/6.75%(Bosses) percent of the enemy’s current health on hit. I currently have 15% crushing blow chance, considering the massive amount of the bullets that outputs per second: 10 when +65% attack speed and the ever last bouncing of the ricochet, it takes away enemy’s health proportionally. No affix else I know does the same thing atm. 5. Deadly Strike adds chance to double your critical DMG. Rogue is fairly easy to hit the a 50% critical chance and with Deadly Strike it outputs some impressing figures on the screen quite frequently.
  5. Scattershot is not bad. Considerable amount of DMG (700%) but 2s cool down/limited range makes it less valuable. But flintlock is still overpowered and fairly well-developed in both primary/special skills.
  6. Set. OVERLOAD: 5% chance per rank to cast a BLINDING AOE and 50% per mainhand DMG. WOW~~~ that’s spectacular! however I haven’t got a chance to try this set. Currently I am not using any set on myself 'cause I haven’t found ant satisfying set effect yet.
  7. Mythical “Effective” + all fire gear (+fire DMG). Fire DMG (40% fire dmg attached per sec, 80% in all) is quickest to take effect. Most enemies will die in 2 sec.
  8. PROCS used to be triggered on HIT, which extremely overpowers the flintlock with high fire rate. Now procs are triggered per second so the effect are same for every weapon. Still pleased to have one on your gear, are you?

Actually my Rogue could dodge most attacks making her almost inkillable. I feel she is even tougher than my warrior :smiley:

English is not my native :stuck_out_tongue: I have tries my best to make my post understandable.
Cheers

1 Like

^overload is like terrashaper affix of warrior… it procs around you… not on the target itself…
i’d rather get a terashaper rather than that overload though :I

[quote=“akiro_sai”]For rogue I recommend using Flintlock+Mirror for quick/lasting mass killing and speed single take-down:

1. Ricochet is the only heroic skill you need to upgrade, and dramatically increase the base dmg to 100% + 20% rebound change + 20% projectile speed and ignoble -20% skill cost
  2. Talents directly related to DMG of Ricochet: (when lv 20)Rebound +150% DMG Pistoller+50% chance of Ricocheting to enemys.
  3. Talents indirectly to boost DMG or survival: You can pick Ambush+ Ensuring to spawn traps and stuns enemies on projectiles hit or Knockback enemies/Dodge Bullets to increase survival, or enhance your mirror image duration/deception. It produces massive DMG when combined with Ambush to lay traps.
  4. Crushing Blow takes 25%/12.5%(Epic)/6.75%(Bosses) percent of the enemy’s current health on hit. I currently have 15% crushing blow chance, considering the massive amount of the bullets that outputs per second: 10 when +65% attack speed and the ever last bouncing of the ricochet, it takes away enemy’s health proportionally. No affix else I know does the same thing atm. 5. Deadly Strike adds chance to double your critical DMG. Rogue is fairly easy to hit the a 50% critical chance and with Deadly Strike it outputs some impressing figures on the screen quite frequently.
  5. Scattershot is not bad. Considerable amount of DMG (700%) but 2s cool down/limited range makes it less valuable. But flintlock is still overpowered and fairly well-developed in both primary/special skills.
  6. Set. OVERLOAD: 5% chance per rank to cast a BLINDING AOE and 50% per mainhand DMG. WOW~~~ that’s spectacular! however I haven’t got a chance to try this set. Currently I am not using any set on myself 'cause I haven’t found ant satisfying set effect yet.
  7. Mythical “Effective” + all fire gear (+fire DMG). Fire DMG (40% fire dmg attached per sec, 80% in all) is quickest to take effect. Most enemies will die in 2 sec.
  8. PROCS used to be triggered on HIT, which extremely overpowers the flintlock with high fire rate. Now procs are triggered per second so the effect are same for every weapon. Still pleased to have one on your gear, are you?

Actually my Rogue could dodge most attacks making her almost inkillable. I feel she is even tougher than my warrior :smiley:

English is not my native :stuck_out_tongue: I have tries my best to make my post understandable.
Cheers[/quote]

Sorry, i disagree with the “mass killing” part of richoshet; furthermore, if u use chakrams, u invest in boomerang and dexterity

[quote=“Ircher”]
Sorry, i disagree with the “mass killing” part of richoshet; furthermore, if u use chakrams, u invest in boomerang and dexterity[/quote]

Totally +1, ricoshet is not good in mass killing for sure, u will know once u try boomerang with storm proc 50% chance (no talent and heroic skill support also not a big deal)

I disagree with the disagreement :stuck_out_tongue:

Pistols are great for mass killing. With Propultion and Ambush, one can keep any enemy at bay.

With Permafrost, Vampiric, Buccaneer, and Druidic adding to the base power. Add Storm proc for some epic damage, Stagger for stunning, Crushing Blow, Twister proc for some joyful spreading of elemental damage and a smattering of other procs like Orb, Comet, etc and the rapid fire of pistols puts a whirlwind of death that mows down masses of mobs or even those Healthy bosses:ugeek:

While I imagine the chakrams can do the damage as well with the right build, the power of the pistols should not be overlooked.

Nor the effects of diversity over focusing on a single aspect:mrgreen:

Evolution or Extinction

Ryim~Rogue 99
RyimScaith~Warrior 73
Rym~Wizard 23
Riym~Rogue 58

Since this is turning into quite a stellar guide, I’m moving this post to the Guide forum and stickying. :smile:

[quote=“newb_player”]^overload is like terrashaper affix of warrior… it procs around you… not on the target itself…
i’d rather get a terashaper rather than that overload though :I[/quote]

Oh thanks for the tip. Hmmm if this is the case overload is much less useful.

[quote=“Scencer”]
Sorry, i disagree with the “mass killing” part of richoshet; furthermore, if u use chakrams, u invest in boomerang and dexterity[/quote]

[quote=“Ircher”]
Totally +1, ricoshet is not good in mass killing for sure, u will know once u try boomerang with storm proc 50% chance (no talent and heroic skill support also not a big deal)[/quote]

actually no main-hand weapon for rogue provides AOE damage like the other two classes. For me richoshet outweighs the chakarms because it’s more flexible. A higher firing rate leads to more triggering effects(deadly strike/ crushing blow/ procs). Also the bouncing bullets aims at enemies from different directions. Brainless to play :smile:
TBH I haven’t tried any chakrams build. Would definitely gonna try a set as you two are strongly supporting boomerang.

Cheers

what i’ve noticed so far…

warrior’s talent tree is better than the others

wizard’s skill set is better than the others

rouge’s versatility is better than the two… (more like a balance kind of thing)

i guess each class has its pros and cons…

loving this game more and more… :laughing:

1 Like

[quote=“ryimscaith”]I disagree with the disagreement :stuck_out_tongue:

Pistols are great for mass killing. With Propultion and Ambush, one can keep any enemy at bay.

With Permafrost, Vampiric, Buccaneer, and Druidic adding to the base power. Add Storm proc for some epic damage, Stagger for stunning, Crushing Blow, Twister proc for some joyful spreading of elemental damage and a smattering of other procs like Orb, Comet, etc and the rapid fire of pistols puts a whirlwind of death that mows down masses of mobs or even those Healthy bosses:ugeek:

While I imagine the chakrams can do the damage as well with the right build, the power of the pistols should not be overlooked.

Nor the effects of diversity over focusing on a single aspect:mrgreen:

Evolution or Extinction

Ryim~Rogue 99
RyimScaith~Warrior 73
Rym~Wizard 23
Riym~Rogue 58[/quote]

Based on what u say, I’d say the only thing that gives flintlocks an edge is the stagger talent since there’s a high firing rate and traps do seem to do good damage (lack of use is because their a hassle compared mirror or vial)

@previous poster - Scattershot is wonderful in terms of AoE, multishot looks impressive, whirling blades have a large radius – larger than any other skill in each class (though damage is split). Daggers can be thought of miniature swords (though they definitely need a buff or two) and Chakrams pierce enemies and deal damage to anything they hit. In addition, Chakrams return to the player and you can send multiple out at once. Finally, unlike the other weapons, you can move while attacking, which is good for speed runs.

1 Like

@Zierham

I can confirm that class changing equipment that has a set affix not accustomed to the target class is maintained. So really, any class can have any set affix on their equipment if you jump through the extra hoop!

Awesome guide, currently tailoring a Warrior based on your guide. Be interested to see if he tops my Wizard build.

I would like to see some examples from you on a full affix loadout for each piece of equipment or just the number of affixes of each type you’d use on a finalized dream build etc.

I am also wondering if Legendary affixes like Cannot be Frozen and Ignore Resists are worthwhile.

When are they going to increase levels. Played 3x 200 levels for each warrior/wizard/rogue already.
Strategy, what strategy?
Hit monster before you see them, certainly before they see you. This is why I hate teleported monsters.
Do you know warrior has siege weapons too? Bleed? why bleed? Bleed heal you. Bleed is making monsters dying, when you do not hit them. Bleed is making monsters dying, when you are running away. Bleed plus Horn shit kill monsters when you are running and keep running away. Then, hit monsters from far away with siege weapons. Horn shit also make warrior escape faster except teleported monsters.
I also hate siege weapons wizard monster(forgot the name of the term). So I always siege blind hit whenever possible.
Boomerang rouge is ok in lower levels, failed in high levels. 3 or 4 moster siege freeze you and you are dead.
Rouge run also slower than warrior w/ horn. Trap just is not as good as horn.
Rouge with +2 gun is like a shortgun. Plus MP gen/leech, you can keep pumping shortgun from far away.
Wizard with minions(max out like 10+ of them?) plus free skulls( can be turn into wizard) is the best.
First get minions and swap to get skull wizards and get to keep both.
I can not remember all the terms. So I used my own terms.
Now they change upgrades to stones system instead of money system. Without any Docu???
All my items are stuck.

[quote=“b16899”]When are they going to increase levels. Played 3x 200 levels for each warrior/wizard/rogue already.
Strategy, what strategy?[/quote]

There are already floors above 200. You need to find/kill a Cartagropher on floor 200 to gain a map for floor 201.

Then you will need strategy.

Evolution or Extinction

Ryim~Rogue 99
RyimScaith~Warrior 79
Rym~Wizard 30
Riym~Rogue 58

what better Meto, storm, or twister?
I kinda need tip on getting higher damage. Also do you know if smoke bomb better then mirror?
So I replace my multi shot with storm? So if I go to hero skill and increase multi shot point would that affect storm skill? One other thing is what hero skill should I focus on maxing? I’m kinda new to the game thanks

[quote=“akiro_sai”]For rogue I recommend using Flintlock+Mirror for quick/lasting mass killing and speed single take-down:

Cheers[/quote]

Is bow arrow consider a projectile in ambush talent?

I certainly need to learn more about the game to fully apply the information you’ve provided. I don’t understand the damage calculations yet, so I wanted to question AoE.

My current favorite combination is Spell Sword and Living Force. With the MH primary skill, it throws a comet (Spell Sword). When coupled with Living Force, this comet goes a little over half way to the edge of the screen (I am not sure how a “yard” is determined in the game yet), and then returns dealing 50% of the dmg on return as well. I currently use an axe as my MH weapon although, this doesn’t really seem to matter what the MH weapon is, with that combo. Toss in Assault for “toss” and wrath for increasing AoE and breaking destructables from a distance, and it SEEMS like a really good combo. Secondary skill with that combo is moot as well, as Meteor becomes the MH secondary skill.

I wanted to ask how Spell Sword/Living Force compare to Whirlwind with a hammer. I am trying to build your hammer, but ran out of special crystals before I found “whirlwind”. I’ve found throwsword, torrent, and a couple of others, but not whirlwind with a hammer yet.

The downside to the AoE with spell sword/living force is that it is stationary. You can only fire the comet while standing still, but you can move any time after releasing it. Not only does it attack forward from a distance, but with Assault added to any of your gear, the 80% chance to cast toss on attack widens and increases the damage from the comet.

Naturally, the math doesn’t lie, I just don’t have the information necessary to determine what the math is between your whirlwind hammer and my SS/LF combo. I would appreciate any insight you can offer.

+1 GREAT WORK HERE!!! oops :smiley:

Thank you for this guide - it really helped a newbie!

I’m sorry if you went over it, but can you explain again why putting stat points into power isn’t worth it? After reading your guide, I re-specced my lvl 37 wiz into all Mana and my lvl 45 rogue into all HP but taking points out of power dropped their DPS. Just curious why power isn’t worth it (especially for rogues)?

Amazing thread you got here!

[quote=“akiro_sai”]

2. Set. OVERLOAD: 5% chance per rank to cast a BLINDING AOE and 50% per mainhand DMG. WOW~~~ that’s spectacular! however I haven’t got a chance to try this set. Currently I am not using any set on myself 'cause I haven’t found ant satisfying set effect yet.
  3. Mythical “Effective” + all fire gear (+fire DMG). Fire DMG (40% fire dmg attached per sec, 80% in all) is quickest to take effect. Most enemies will die in 2 sec.[/quote]

I actually tried making my own half-baked effective ring and it worked wonders. Effective ring = best ring :stuck_out_tongue: Applying some points of this guide plus some of these worked wonders for my gaming style! Though I use immolate + blistering + golden veins for some synergy. I thought the crystal item which I looted with crystal GOLD find was absolutely useless but is now kind of usable.

PS: Overload + stagger… look at your toon exploding like crazy! It seems overload triggers immediately at the start of the attack animation.

i have a question. is there any set effect that can be alternative for permafrost. that increases ice damage.
is there any other set effect that increases other elements? other than ice?

[quote=“CravenRed”]i have a question. is there any set effect that can be alternative for permafrost. that increases ice damage.
is there any other set effect that increases other elements? other than ice?[/quote]

Ice: Permafrost
Shock: Electrified
Poison: Plagued
Fire: not available at the moment