Title Issue

I’m having a problem right now. When I’m playing the game it crashes and sometimes the game title will appear out of nowhere and pause my game. It mostly happen when I’m playing in the arena and it’s very annoying.

I hope you can help me. Thank you.

I’m using an android 5.1

Mine only did that when i had intermittent connection issues. The screens would become overlayed with each other and I could not see any buttons to push and could hear what needed to be done in the match.

When I’m playing offline it rarely happens. I don’t know if it’s because of the new patch because I don’t have any issues before.

Mine only occurred when playing the arena. Maybe they can deduce your issue. I know it frustrated me when I was pushing hard in the arena and could not see my battle.

At first, I thought because of my poor connection but after playing offline it still crashing.

what type of device do you have? You are using android 5.1, is it the same Android that came with your device or are you using a special “custom” firmware?

I’m using the older version of the firmware because I’ve rooted my device.

TL:DR
See if your custom firmware has an update

Ok totally understandable, let me give you some reasons why that might be causing some issues.

Each month Google updates their “SDK”. Sdk is short for Software Development Kit.

This SDK is what tells all android devices how to read and execute android based code when applications run. You will notice that android has a bunch of different version of their SDK’s. 5.1, 4.4 6.0, 7.1 etc etc.

Each time one of these SDKS are updated many things (or not many things) can change regarding how android devices read different application code when it is run (when an app is opened on a device).

This is where “custom firmwares” can cause issue. A custom firmware is when someone takes a released Android update (SDK release) and then adds or removes various features from the SDK before it is installed by the user.

For the sake of simplicity:
Customer Firmware 8 could be made up of (this is just an example for the purpose of my explination)
They take the touch UI from SDK 4.1
They take the telephony core form SDK 5.1
They take the GPS core from SDK 5.5
They take the GPU drivers from SDK 6.1
They remove bloat ware
They take the audio core form SDK 4.6

They wrap this in a custom rom and release it for install by users who have rooted phones.

The issues comes in when I make our update patches. I only make “raw” or Google provided SDKS to build our game. If there is some incompatibility with the Google provided SDK and one that is in the new Custom Firmware, any number of issues could happen and I have no way to accommodate or test for those issues on my end.

I don’t want to come off like I am blaming your custom firmware, I am not. In many cases custom firmwares are great for older devices that manufactures no longer support for newer SDK features.

I just wanted to illustrate how a customer firmware could be the cause.

2 Likes

But how about for me ? I uses Android 5.0 in gaming and it is not rooted . But I cant upload my game .

that has nothing to do with what this thread is discussing. I have already responsed to your message.

Thank you for the explanation.

Can I play on pc using bluestacks? Is that legitimate?

if you are playing on bluestacks with a custom image…I have no idea what you can expect :slight_smile:

Reminds me of when I had Skyfall in arena and then quitting arena, the entire menu transformed into an arena full of black and white artifacts. Long gone this glitch for me , thank god. That title thing I don’t know if I’ve experienced but you experience something like that before.

Fair enough.

Pc bluestacks emulated android zenphone or something. Probably unrooted but it’s a pc emulator anyway. It’s an old device so do expect lags in the emulator , even on a good pc. Or emulator issues.
The limitations of the emulator is that it has to emulate the hardware of said device it emulates so the limits are there. If it had no limitations , then it would take full advantage of the pc probably. Or maybe it does.
I think there are other applications though.

I mean I had no issues personally testing the game as far as controls but anything can go wrong.

As far as me having custom firmware, I had some issues for similar reasons others had issues, though not many and not that severe. The mystery crash I had due to ram issues that I somehow resolved (probably because do uninstalled Twilight or something). Now I can run perfectly in 720p highest settings DQ.

Being careful when it comes to custom firmware is important though. Mine only had build prop modification and removed bloatware but the essentials were kept and the drivers weren’t out of balance or so. Although I would have had much better experience had I chose pure odex version or a non custom ROM which I edit myself which can cause less issues than someone else custom ROM sometimes.