8 questions

I’m having a lot of fun playing this. Really nice job on this game, shinybox!

1. Is arcane an element that can be applied (it doesn’t look like it’s pictured on the button), or is it only found?

2. Why does arcane not show a damage indicator (like fire is 80% damage over 2 seconds)? Does the whole weapon become arcane damage?

3. Same question but about cold damage; there seems to be no indication of how much there is (like poison)?

4. An epic hatchet spawned with bulwark (which I lost because of a screen time out or something); doesn’t bulwark require a shield?

5. Does enchanting add a stat or does it mess with the other current stats in some way?

6. How does ‘extra attack’ work? If I use the normal attack does it swing twice, should I see a second swing or is there only a damage modifier. Does it apply to the ranged attack (like the sword throwing ability)? Should I assume double damage for each swing (or wait to see a second sword fly out, etc.)?

7. Is spell resist some sort of all encompassing stat that includes arcane/poison/etc. resists or no?

8. What are skulls?

I think I had some other questions but can’t think of them at the moment, might post back some more.

Thanks for the help!

Cannot be applied currently.

Think of Arcane as our “base” damage, almost the same as physical damage, but shared across Wizard and Warrior. If there’s no indicator, it’s arcane. We don’t use an indicator because arcane doesn’t do anything special ( unless you get an ascendent set! )

I’m not sure what you mean here.

It does! The Epic affix system doesnt check to see what talents are compatible with your gear specifically, yet.

It has a chance to: Add an affix, Do nothing, or Remove an Affix

In 1.4, Extra attack adds a chance to add an additional cast or swing.

It’s equivalent to All Resist

Magically enchanted remains of your enemies that shoot bolts out at your foes.

Anytime!

[quote=“SteigerBox”]Think of Arcane as our “base” damage, almost the same as physical damage, but shared across Wizard and Warrior. If there’s no indicator, it’s arcane. We don’t use an indicator because arcane doesn’t do anything special ( unless you get an ascendent set! )[/quote]Oh, so if it says arcane I should apply an element? The same place I saw ‘Fire damage: 80% over 2 seconds’ would also say ‘Arcane damage,’ so I thought Arcane was another element but it wasn’t telling me how much damage was added on top the base weapon damage.

[quote=“SteigerBox”]I’m not sure what you mean here.[/quote]Since I thought Arcane wasn’t listing it’s damage I thought cold might have damage too, but I can see now it only adds a chill effect instead of damage.

[quote=“SteigerBox”]It has a chance to: Add an affix, Do nothing, or Remove an Affix[/quote]Oh, sweet. What’s the limit based on (can a magic item have 7 affixes)? Will it let me try even when it’s maxed out? Also, how is the removed affix chosen?

[quote=“SteigerBox”]Magically enchanted remains of your enemies that shoot bolts out at your foes.[/quote]This sentence. Much happy. Very feels. How do I accomplish this? The stats window said I had 3 but I don’t think I’ve seen it happen.

I can totally see how that’s confusing/unclear.

The max through enchant is 6 affixes. When it gets 4-5, it becomes a rare item, 6 it becomes an Epic! Remove enchant randomly removes 1 to how ever many affixes are on the item.

Well… it’s a Wizard offhand, so you’d have to be a Wizard and find one :smile:

[quote=“Obscurant”]Oh, so if it says arcane I should apply an element?[/quote] Yes and no. The elements are a great thing without ascendant. However if you have ascendant(a bonus from four of the existing legend items), it is a very wise decision to use a weapon that has NO ELEMENT, otherwise known as arcane.

[quote=“SteigerBox”]
It has a chance to: Add an affix, Do nothing, or Remove an Affix[/quote]

[quote=“Obscurant”]Oh, sweet. What 's the limit based on (can a
magic item have 7 affixes)? [/quote] a normal item becomes a magic when a second affix is added on, a magic item becomes a rare at the fourth affix, and a rare becomes an epic once it achieves its sixth affix.

[quote=“Obscurant”]Will it let me gamble even when it 's maxed out? [/quote] No. At this point, if you wish to attempt to get other affixes, you must “Remove Affix” from the item. This removes -1 to x(x being total number of affixes on item) affixes from the item.

[quote=“Obscurant”]Also, how is the removed affix chosen?[/quote]Unfortunately, this is numeric. The affix nearest the bottom of the list is the first to get removed. If it removes two affixes, for example, the last two on the item are the ones to get removed.

[quote=“SteigerBox”]
Magically enchanted remains of your enemies that shoot bolts out at your foes.[/quote]

[quote=“Obscurant”]This sentence . Much happy . Very feels . How do I accomplish this? The stats window said I had 3 but I don’t think I 've seen it happen.[/quote]Unfortunately you appear to be using a warrior. The skulls are an off-hand weapon for the wizard.

Great answers, thanks! Very informative! I guess I’ll be looking for items that have strong stats in the first place to enchant. Also, I just might quit the warrior to try out those skulls (especially since weapon throw just got a cool down)!

Don’t worry, some day all builds will get love from Legends and reworks! (I had to modify my warrior considerably too this patch!)