ALL my Stash are gone when i purchased 2 character slot! :(

Help me when i purchased 2 character slots in my account my stash has been reset and the items i stored are gone it shows all 4 stash needs to be bought again with gold, all my hard earned items are gone and its all because it got bugged when i purchase 2 slot i noticed all my stash are gone… =C im disappointed. how can i get back all the item i made with eternal and slotted items? my account is color=#FF0000[/color]

i was planning to bought deco pack but i cant play now cause all my stash needs to be open and was afraid new bug will occur. i wonder why buying some slots can reset youre main character stash. and not just one all of them. all those hardwork gone. -_-

Read and follow instructions viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1013

it says “You are not authorised to read this forum.” :open_mouth:

it says “You are not authorised to read this forum.”

[quote]To do a restore on any Account information including characters, items, IAP, or anything else, please follow these steps:

Email us at support@shinyboxgames.com
Provide us with your DQ Account email ( we don’t assume your forum account is the same as your DQ Account, and we would like to avoid you posting emails on the forums )
Provide us with as much information about your account and what’s missing. This will help reduce the amount of questions we need to ask!
Wait until we contact you back to choose “Download” on your account ( and don’t “Upload” unless we ask )

Emailing support is the fastest way to get your Account back up and running. Contacting developers directly through PM or forums is much slower ( we’re often busy working on the game :smile: ) [/quote]

[quote=“JesteR”][quote]To do a restore on any Account information including characters, items, IAP, or anything else, please follow these steps:

Email us at support@shinyboxgames.com
Provide us with your DQ Account email ( we don’t assume your forum account is the same as your DQ Account, and we would like to avoid you posting emails on the forums )
Provide us with as much information about your account and what’s missing. This will help reduce the amount of questions we need to ask!
Wait until we contact you back to choose “Download” on your account ( and don’t “Upload” unless we ask )

Emailing support is the fastest way to get your Account back up and running. Contacting developers directly through PM or forums is much slower ( we’re often busy working on the game :smile: ) [/quote][/quote]

-Thanks… i’ll try emailing them…