Amazon Login

Quite often (often enough to be aggravating) when I open DQ on my Android tablet, I am presented with a large Amazon Game Circle dialog box. I must dismiss this each time. When I am not presented with the large Amazon login, I get a smaller one which is more acceptable, but still aggravating.

I do not, ever, login into game circle social groups and would like to be able to permanently disable these prompts. Is this possible?

BTW, I’ve never loaded DQ from the Amazon Store and my IAP to support the developer was made through Google.

[quote=“Trasd”]Quite often (often enough to be aggravating) when I open DQ on my Android tablet, I am presented with a large Amazon Game Circle dialog box. I must dismiss this each time. When I am not presented with the large Amazon login, I get a smaller one which is more acceptable, but still aggravating.

I do not, ever, login into game circle social groups and would like to be able to permanently disable these prompts. Is this possible?

BTW, I’ve never loaded DQ from the Amazon Store and my IAP to support the developer was made through Google.[/quote]

I begged Steiger to disable this sh*t too :laughing:

We’re probably moving over to Google Play which should have better settings to prevent annoying pop ups like this.

Would it be better if the ‘Amazon Login’ thing is only popped out on Kindle devices? Sync feature is also more likely on Google Service.
CMIIW

Actually, Google is more aggravating because you have to dismiss two dialog boxes, unless you make login optional by either giving us the option in settings or making the login via a button tap.

I’m begging you to not make the Google Play social crap automatic like Amazon is currently. I love the game, but hate unnecessary aggravation more! Just saying…

+1 the Amazon login pop-up drive me crazy sometimes :smiley:

+1 for the google play :wink:

+1 for ok ok we’ll remove the pop ups

We have Amazon game circle for the players that access our game through AGS (Amazon game services). We have always planned on supporting GPS (Google play services) as well but it is a larger integration than the Amazon one was. Amazon will remain in place for those players using the Amazon platform (we have this so we can publish on their platform/Amazon store). Google players will see the GPS login in place of the AGS in a future patch.

No, no, no! Please don’t make the Google login pop-ups automatic!

Personally, I don’t care if it’s Amazon or Google or Company IAP, I hate all the pop-ups! I didn’t start the post to complain about Amazon, I started it to complain about social circle login pop-ups in general. Like I stated earlier, automatic Google game circle login pop-ups are even worse because you have to dismiss two dialog boxes.

I’ve asked this of quite a few game developers and every one of them who was still actively developing their apps made the login either completely optional in settings and or put a button for those who like this sort of thing.

Please don’t make the new Google login pop-ups automatic.

No, no, no! Please don’t make the Google login pop-ups automatic!

Personally, I don’t care if it’s Amazon or Google or Company IAP, I hate all the pop-ups! I didn’t start the post to complain about Amazon, I started it to complain about social circle login pop-ups in general. Like I stated earlier, automatic Google game circle login pop-ups are even worse because you have to dismiss two dialog boxes.

I’ve asked this of quite a few game developers and every one of them who was still actively developing their apps made the login either completely optional in settings and or put a button for those who like this sort of thing.

Please don’t make the new Google login pop-ups automatic.[/quote]

+1

Hmmm…can you point me in the direction of a game that has the Amazon pop up optional? I would like to see where they place the button and then to see what happens when you choose to use the service. Thanks in advance!!

Middle botom of the screen
Whatever if you choose to login or not register, it’s still poping every single time you’re starting the game

Right! Can you point me to a game you have played that allows it to be optional? I want to test out alternate flows of logging into these services.

Sure, check out Heroes of Steel: play.google.com/store/apps/deta … steelelite

1941 does it too, but I bought it through Amazon, if that makes a difference: play.google.com/store/apps/deta … owolff.war

That’s the only two I can think of off hand, but if you need more examples, I can dig around some - my memory isn’t the best!

That’s great those two will be more than enough to look at for me. Thank you very much!

No problem, and thanks, this will greatly increase my enjoyment with the game. I don’t think that either of those games allow login control via settings (they use a login button) and I can’t remember the ones that did it that way, but if it does become important, I can go through my emails and see if one of the developers I contacted implemented it that way.

BTW, I’ve been wanting to tell someone, since I’ve been playing the game, what a wonderful job you’ll did with the graphics! I’ve played DQ on three separate tablets (a CM10 Nook Color - of course it wasn’t CM10 at the time; an ASUS TF700T; my current Samsung Galaxy TabPRO SM-T900 12.2") and I’ve never had a glitch and, the graphics have always been very smooth.

Keep up the good work!

I’m confused. Originally, I wrote about the hassle having to cancel out of 2 Google Play automatic login dialog boxes for those of us who hate this “feature.”

I know it was worked on and worked for awhile, I thought (no auto-login)! Hurray! But, next I read where there was trouble with the change and it had to be added back in, but would be readdressed later. I waited, patiently (but quit playing - that’s how much I dislike the auto-login).

What confuses me is how it went backwards! Instead of 2 dialog boxes, I now have to cancel out of 3! Why was the extra dialog box added? All it does is tell me I cannot login right now - I know, I canceled out!

Please look into this again. I understand priorities, but adding an extra dialog box when people were complaining about 2 is a step in the wrong direction.

Thanks…

Hi! Are you referring to patch 1.8.1? We tried to fix the issue with not getting credit at all for Google play games but now you are having multiple login attempts again? What type of device do you have?

Did you reread the topic?

I start the game and it attempts to auto-login to Google Play. I don’t ever login.

I have to cancel out.

Another Google Play dialog box pops up and asks which account I want to use.

I have to cancel out again.

After all this, every time I start the game, now there has been a new dialog box added that tells me it cannot connect right now! Yea, because I canceled out!

Instead of making it better, it’s now worse.

We went over this and I thought you understood. I even gave examples.

Thanks.

@tdaniel [color=#BF0000]EDITED: Sorry, this post sounds more curt than I entended. I mean no disrespect whatsoever. Sometimes electronic media (even with emotes, LOL) just comes off wrong![/color]