App Developer Path

Hello Devs!

I’m trying to become an App Developer and I’d like to know if you can inform me what’s the best path to take to do it, like what to learn, study and certifications.

I know HTML, CSS, SASS and a bit of PHP, Java, JS, jQuery.
It seems that the best way to start is to learn Java and certify on it, but shoul I learn all about Java or there are some topics I should focus on?

Thank you so much in advance!

For me (not a coder…but a developer none the less) it has to be something you WANT to do. You need passion for making games. Passion will keep you going when you don’t make any money on your games or have a ton of one star reviews :wink:

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

That seems the most important thing, to develop somehitng you love to do.
But despite that, there is still a path to take.

Is there any tips about how to start?

That seems the most important thing, to develop somehitng you love to do.
But despite that, there is still a path to take.

Is there any tips about how to start?[/quote]

I’d ask first what types of Apps would you like to create?

Then I’d say instead of certifying, work on creating something reasonably sized ( won’t take years to create, but maybe weeks ) and get experience finishing your projects. Finished projects are as much of a proof of your skill as anything, and you get more relevant experience while completing them.

[quote=“SteigerBox”]I’d ask first what types of Apps would you like to create?

Then I’d say instead of certifying, work on creating something reasonably sized ( won’t take years to create, but maybe weeks ) and get experience finishing your projects. Finished projects are as much of a proof of your skill as anything, and you get more relevant experience while completing them.[/quote]

I thought it would be a single knowledge to program all kind of apps.
So I would say I could go for apps that would help people on daily basis, like financial control, notes, calendar and such things then eventually move to games if it gets my attention.

I’m also talking to a friend that is programmer, he is telling me some courses to take but it’s quite expensive at the moment.
I’ll try to study the course subjects on my own.

[quote=“cyberjuba”]
I thought it would be a single knowledge to program all kind of apps.
So I would say I could go for apps that would help people on daily basis, like financial control, notes, calendar and such things then eventually move to games if it gets my attention.

I’m also talking to a friend that is programmer, he is telling me some courses to take but it’s quite expensive at the moment.
I’ll try to study the course subjects on my own.[/quote]

My advice is different depending on what you wanted to create, and also changes based on which platform you want to create on. :smile:

If you wanted to make games, i’d learn C# and unity. If you don’t care about making apps for both Android and Apple, and just want to make normal ( non game ) android apps, then learning java is definitely the way to go.

Unless you’re wanting to get a degree in Computer Science, I’d say find some free ebooks on java and find some beginner tutorials on creating android apps. There’s so many free resources out there that taking a course is a bit of a waste, and you get more practical knowledge creating things on your own and learning at your own pace.

[quote=“SteigerBox”]My advice is different depending on what you wanted to create, and also changes based on which platform you want to create on. :smile:

If you wanted to make games, i’d learn C# and unity. If you don’t care about making apps for both Android and Apple, and just want to make normal ( non game ) android apps, then learning java is definitely the way to go.

Unless you’re wanting to get a degree in Computer Science, I’d say find some free ebooks on java and find some beginner tutorials on creating android apps. There’s so many free resources out there that taking a course is a bit of a waste, and you get more practical knowledge creating things on your own and learning at your own pace.[/quote]

Unfortunately here in Brazil we have to learn from courses or by our selves, because a degree doesn’t give us knowledge to program advanced codes.

I might try to learn java from a book I just bought and code apps from those tutorials available then.

Thank you so much!