Blinkstrike does not work like the description says

I think you hit the nail right on the head when you mentioned earlier that the original version of Blinkstrike was so powerful that they watered it down.in fact they overwatered it! Lol

I am currently using the damage to elites affix and finally doing some damage. In doing so, I noticed the targeting system of Blinkstrike is lousy, but hey at least Im finally making a dent in elites while using it. :smile:

But when the description reads 600% of MH, donā€™t believe it. Its more like 25%

Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m going to do at this point. I like coatweapon with its crit bonuses. Its too bad I have to give up coatweapon in order to have vault. Vault is good for getting around quickly, but has no real attack value.

Speaking of coatwrapon. I really have no idea that pushing the button even works, and Nobody seems to know what it means by ā€œdurationā€ in the description. +20% of zero, is still zero.

Probably one of those placebo effects, where pushing the button doesnā€™t really do anything except make you feel better after doing so.

:joy:

Itā€™s ok though, there are enough bonuses to crit without even having a button to push that make it worth keeping.

Coatweapon has +15% base plus the additional skill lvl bonuses according to the description Yeah, thats pretty damn good, if that is what you actually get. I donā€™t see those bonuses coming up in the stats table, so it makes me wonder if Iā€™m really getting them.

here is your character using coat weapon.

you can see the difference in damage between with and without the effect.

the reason you are not seeing an impact with your regular weapon is the amount of bullets you are putting out. By the time the effected bullet (your very first attack) hits an enemy the numbers are being covered up by the 400 bullets coming after the first attack. One coat weapon does not apply to the entire time you are holding down thee attack button. It only applies to the first hit.

I changed weapons in this video to demo the effect.

1 Like

Is there a limitation on how long you have before using coatwrapon? Saying ā€œnext attackā€ still doesnā€™t explain the use of ā€œdurationā€ in the description. I mean like do you have to hurry up and use it?

Also, Blinkstrike counts as an attack, you of course know that!

any attack (and only 1 attack) after you use coat weapon will use the effect. Lets say you use CoatWeapon and your character ā€œprocsā€ a torrent.

That would count as an attack and your coatweapon bonus would be used. You would need to use the CoatWeapon skill again to get the benefit.

3 Likes

I dunno, Iā€™m kind of old school. Iā€™m also a hunter, and a Vet. I was always taught picking up a weapon before knowing how to use it can sure as heck get you killed.

Thats why I ask these questions.

That is what we are here for!

Coat weapon is a great skill but if your character is procing a ton of effects on each attack it can be very hard to use it ā€œon purposeā€ when so many attacks are firing off in between applications of the buff.

1 Like

Ok, iā€™ll ignor the coatweapon description and use it as you describe above.

so the word ā€œdurationā€ is what is muddling the understanding of the skill in this case?

I will see if we can clarify that bit.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, it has given me food for thought. Iā€™ll definitely be more careful with the use of procā€™s in the future. Your assistance has helped a lot.

One last thing I would like to mention here about coat weapon. Even a dodge is considered an attack in many ways. Making it nearly impossible to effectivly use coat weapon when you want to actually push the button. Its a very unreliable weapon IMHO. I will probably continue to use coat weapon, I just wonā€™t bother pushing the button. Not that much of a boost when you do anyway.

In the builds I have played with the Rogue coat weapons is very effective for me. Just a build preference I guess. There are so many different ways to mix and match skills in the game people can find a wide range of ways to use them across the classes.

Coat weapon ftw. Best skill imo. It makes anything elemental crit, even things that donā€™t normally elemental crit through normal conditions such as 30% elemental crit.

Probably the most useful info I learned here [quote=ā€œCuzegSpiked, post:38, topic:17194, full:trueā€]
Coat weapon ftw. Best skill imo. It makes anything elemental crit, even things that donā€™t normally elemental crit through normal conditions such as 30% elemental crit.
[/quote]

Yeah, but you canā€™t control Coat Weapon. It goes off whenever it wants to. Mind you Im still working on the details, but its beginning to look like both Coat Weapon and Stealth are most useful as procā€™s

Yeah, but you canā€™t control Coat Weapon. It goes off whenever it wants to. Mind you Im still working on the details, but its beginning to look like both Coat Weapon and Stealth are most useful as procā€™s
[/quote]

Hey, no pushing buttons for a proc. :sunglasses: