Blinkstrike does not work like the description says

Coat skill from rogue is good to spam but the proc itself is random and I understand why it’s not as effective. If you can get coat proc to spam itself though, then ok but it’s not worth the affix slots.

But don’t procs have a chance of going off anytime you hit? If I’m hitting 5 times a sec, and my proc is at 40%, chances should be it will fire off almost continuously. Same with stealth proc. Only have to wait for cooldown.

Beats the hell out of having to push the button everytime.

Procs are based on every second but what also makes procs more difficult is the reduced CD required to make it easier to use. It wasn’t always the case though. Although it would be cool if procs can happen under that which can happen under a second but it’s not as easy I guess.

I don’t think it’s always based on every time you hit unless it’s a second. Say if you spam something for so many times under a second, after the second has passed, the proc has a chance to come. That’s usually what I’d think would happen and normally can happen.

If you have special skill , then with a high enough proc chance, you can almost always proc.

However procs have the same internal CD as their normal skill so storm proc is 7 seconds like the normal skill or 8 seconds I think. With reduced CD 45% or 55% if you have dexterity 20+ 45% reduced CD, you can reduce that to something like 3 or so seconds. Also hero points.

Although coat doesn’t really have much of a cooldown and if you spammed primary skill, you’d think it can activate every time if it’s at 100% but it isn’t the case. Ok maybe it is the case if it’s every 1 second. Although another thing is that procs halve the chance they activate so from 100% first try, 50% the second try, 25% third try and that’s if it all happened in a second or less. 200% proc chance can then turn into 100% second try, 50% the third try, etc

You can reset that proc % halving though and aftermath build is one example (well it used to be but I don’t know if it’s the case with internal CD and reduced CD requirements). Aftermath was an example because of the reset cooldown and even with 50% proc chance, shatter got meteor alot of the time or every time sometimes. Deadly arts is another good example I guess.

I think it’s also gotta do with attack speed maybe as well. I think I may have forgotten how procs properly work lol.

However coat proc it’s hard to tell when it’s activated nowadays until you see the E crit but I remember it used to be OP even as a professional since it seemed to activate even after the proc expired back in like patch 2.0 or so which was why it was nerfed alot in arena and then another nerf.

I’m having better luck with Blinkstrike these days. I’ve given up on coat weapon. Makes me sad tho, cause my crushing flames affix is on a Coat Weapon.