Breaking the 1 mil dps barrier

Their both lvl 99

How does it die? Even my Rogue hireling with 0 defensive affixes can survive 101 mythic 3…

Ah I misread you post. I said remove the Wiz. Not make it your main Char… Play with 2 Warriors and you will only get warrior items.

1)Warrior may need more bleeding damage because he uses Set Affix Vampric Touch that can heal. More bleeding damage (e.g. 40%) can heal you 40% more.

2)Warrior may have 75%(epic affix) more critical hit damage(chd) instead of 10% deadly strike. (Warrior has 60 chd at this moment). 10% deadly strike means you have 10% chance to do 60%(chd)x2 damage.

3)30% critical hit chance is a little low.

4)Horn can give more damage but Hatchet skill toss can give you 30% more bleeding chance. As you use Suffering ring, more chance in bleeding may help.

5)If you use horn, more bleeding damage can heal you more.

6)Warrior may need hp or mp leech.

7)Warrior may use Set Affix Plagued to increase Total Reduced Damage

8)Pickup distance affix can help you to pickup hp/mp on the floor
9)The Bleeding damage, hp/mp leech, critical hit chance/ damage on pet can have your warrior in survival or increasing dps. Legend pet is better because it has set affix and epic affix on Legend pet can increase more when the pet level up.

1. Your wizard may use Blood Magic to increase hp pool. Spend some hero points in Twister and Orb to increase damage.

+%weapon damage on OH does not affect MH-skill based damage
4 sockets with +%item quantity affect your dps by A LOT! you earn in one place, loose in others. in this case DDD - Direct Dps Decrease )))
try not to stack 2 or more same +SKILL affix on your gear. it is not effective. (reroll +4 Flurry into +CritDamage, which is easy for example)
some item affixes are at quite low. I mean +39.9 CritDamage (max meaning is 75.0 for epic CritDamage) on your armor is “too low”. try to roll some extra

Yes it is. In fact, depending on what your heroic points into the skill gives you, I would argue it is the best epic affix possible.

In his case, he’s getting 25% dmg, 2.5% crit chance and skill cost reduction for only one +5 skill affix. Just the 25% dmg alone makes it almost worth it. Admittedly Flurry isn’t that good of a skill, that doesn’t mean +skill affixes arent effective.

[quote=“IDDQD”]
try not to stack 2 or more same +SKILL affix on your gear. it is not effective. (reroll +4 Flurry into +CritDamage, which is easy for example)[/quote]

This fully depends on the skill. For many skills, getting lv40 is definitely worth it. Sadly, Flurry is not one of them.

For example, Guidedshot’s damage follows an exponential curve. You lose a LOT of damage even between lv39 and lv40. Just that 1 skill point difference makes you deal ~20% less damage on the 10th enemy hit. And this difference increases exponentially as you hit more enemies! Don’t forget, this is only the difference between the LAST skill point. The difference between lv35 and 40 is outstanding (Aprox 50% DMG loss on the 10th target). If doubling your DMG for 1 epic affix is not worth it please tell me what is. Bloodmagic requires at least 5 affixes (4 bloodmagic + 1 eternal nadroji accessory) to give you that kind of boost.

Wow guys. Lots of info to process now, ty a lot! I’m going to review this and try to plan what’s possible. I’m torn between farming the +sets mythstones or making myth word gear. Although without them idk if much of the set gear is worth using since the bonuses will be nominal until i have +set affix.

Obsidian will happen eventually, grind grind grind…
Apparently my weapon of choice is worthless, which sucks since a lot of rerolling went into it. Sigh.
So much to take in. Where should I start? Lol

[quote=“Stryder”]
So much to take in. Where should I start? Lol[/quote]

Well, you could (shameless self promotion incoming :wink: ) visit my Redrum Warrior thread and read some stuff on some good warrior combos there, or visit my new thread http://shinyboxgames.com/NewSite/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2163 to get set up on Line and join my new group to come and get detailed custom advice from some schmuck with too much time on his hands. :smiley:

Read that a bit before I wrote this. Again, über. There’s nothing in forums I could find for the middle shelf build while farming for your obsidian and +2 sets mythstones. Kind of why I called this 1 mil dps… hoping to get and share help for the players like me who started in 1.8 and don’t have the bits needed to make the gear in the posts there are in forum.

Oh! About the affix max values, is there anywhere that lists the caps for epic legend mythic crystal affixes? I had found one list but it didn’t have the diff types

Yes it is. In fact, depending on what your heroic points into the skill gives you, I would argue it is the best epic affix possible.

In his case, he’s getting 25% dmg, 2.5% crit chance and skill cost reduction for only one +5 skill affix. Just the 25% dmg alone makes it almost worth it. Admittedly Flurry isn’t that good of a skill, that doesn’t mean +skill affixes arent effective.[/quote]
your attack does X damage. spending 1 point on a skill increases your dmg by 5%, now you deal 1.05X damage. most likely you will have 20 points on your main skill (thats +100%) which means you’ll deal 2X Damage. (100% - base damage, +100% for 20 point on hero skill. if you add +5SKILL(epic afix) you’ll get +25%. So now it is 100% base dmg and +125% for 25 point on your skill. Total is 2.25X. 2X–>2.25X is only 12.5% increase for an affix

In his case, he’s getting 25% dmg, 2.5% crit chance and skill cost reduction for only one +5 skill affix. Just the 25% dmg alone makes it almost worth it. Admittedly Flurry isn’t that good of a skill, that doesn’t mean +skill affixes arent effective.[/quote]
your attack does X damage. spending 1 point on a skill increases your dmg by 5%, now you deal 1.05X damage. most likely you will have 20 points on your main skill (thats +100%) which means you’ll deal 2X Damage. (100% - base damage, +100% for 20 point on hero skill. if you add +5SKILL(epic afix) you’ll get +25%. So now it is 100% base dmg and +125% for 25 point on your skill. Total is 2.25X. 2X–>2.25X is only 12.5% increase for an affix[/quote]

As he said, it depends on the skill. He even noted that Flurry is a bad skill.

your attack does X damage. spending 1 point on a skill increases your dmg by 5%, now you deal 1.05X damage. most likely you will have 20 points on your main skill (thats +100%) which means you’ll deal 2X Damage. (100% - base damage, +100% for 20 point on hero skill. if you add +5SKILL(epic afix) you’ll get +25%. So now it is 100% base dmg and +125% for 25 point on your skill. Total is 2.25X. 2X–>2.25X is only 12.5% increase for an affix[/quote]
This makes no sense, 25% is 25%. It doesn’t matter if it’s the first 25%, the second, the fifth or the twelfth, It’s identical. Your 12.5% increase isn’t a thing.

1000 base dmg
+25% is 1250
Another +25% is +50% total for 1500
Another +25% is +75% total for 1750
Another +25% is +100% total for 2000
Another +25% is +125% total for 2250
Do you notice a trend yet?

Now, what one other epic affix is going to provide that 25% increase, and 3 other bonuses on top of it? You would be hard pressed to come up with one with a relative value. 5k elemental dmg, sure, most of the time will be as good or better, but that’s about it.

As I said, I wouldn’t say Flurry is a great skill, but I wouldnt completely count it out either. And to say that adding +skills affixes after the first is ineffective is simply not true.

so whats the increase from your fifth “another +25%”? you wrote “+100% total for 2000” and “+125% total for 2250”…
2000 total —> 2250 total… if you gonna say the increase is still 25% I’ll tell you your maths are wrong as THE INCREASTE FOR YOUR “FIFTH +25%” IS ONLY [size=150]12.5%[/size]

[quote=“IDDQD”][quote=“Rubik”]

1000 base dmg
+25% is 1250
Another +25% is +50% total for 1500
Another +25% is +75% total for 1750
Another +25% is +100% total for 2000
Another +25% is +125% total for 2250
[/quote]
so whats the increase from your fifth “another +25%”? you wrote “+100% total for 2000” and “+125% total for 2250”…
2000 total —> 2250 total… if you gonna say the increase is still 25% I’ll tell you your maths are wrong as THE INCREASTE FOR YOUR “FIFTH +25%” IS ONLY [size=150]12.5%[/size][/quote]
Yes, 2000 × 12.5% = 250… so what? The net gain remains same, 250 dmg. Your logic makes no sense.

Do you use sets? Do you have +2 all sets? Cause they are doing the exact same thing with your “math.”

Start with 1000 dmg, add Blood Magic for 12.5% dmg… 1125 dmg.
Add +2 sets for 37.5% dmg is 1375 dmg, a 22% increase over previous dmg, or roughly 11% for each set rank
Add another +2 sets for 62.5% dmg is 1625 dmg, a 18% increase…

Everybody stop using all sets affix, its not effective! /sarcasm

In fact, every single affix is going to show a diminishing return when compared to your previous dmg total because eerything is calculated from base dmg, not your most recent dmg total. They will all show this.
Every.
Single.
One.

why do you switch now to set affixes as example? we were talking about +SKILL… isn’t it?

[quote=“Rubik”]
In fact, every single affix is going to show a diminishing return when compared to your previous dmg total because eerything is calculated from base dmg, not your most recent dmg total. They will all show this.[/quote]
also wrong but not going to proove that ))

[quote=“IDDQD”]why do you switch now to set affixes as example? we were talking about +SKILL… isn’t it?

[quote=“Rubik”]
In fact, every single affix is going to show a diminishing return when compared to your previous dmg total because eerything is calculated from base dmg, not your most recent dmg total. They will all show this.[/quote]
also wrong but not going to proove that ))[/quote]
It’s all the same, I’m just using different examples to try to explain it to you. I don’t know what part you don’t understand, but I’m not going to elaborate anymore. It started as advice, now its reached a point where its no longer helpful. You can believe what you want, its your build that will suffer, but dont pass along faulty information.

[quote=“Rubik”]
It started as advice[/quote]

==>

Regarding the items Strider this advice IS RIGHT

troll anymore?

are u talking damage per second or per hit/before patch my dph was 400+k now they nerfed golden veins and dmg lowered 10x
wo blood magic foget about good dmg .before i hit 14-80mil from pistol at 450+map now 4mil max
permafrost only works for yr ice dmg on set items so u can get max 6x ice dmg stat by % of set,not yr total dmg
i only use 50% glass cannon ,more than 75 % will kill u
i was lucky enough to farm 30+ highest crystals and myth before patch

if u want get high dmg u have to stat blood magic,i had to swap from golden vains (8) into blood magic (8)
my speed attack is 50,crit 350,and crit chance 60,650 gold find,600 luck and item quantity 184%
hp 32k so its not bad to survive 1 hit