Bugs 1.4.4

theres a couple of things ive ran across so far, first and most annoyingly is that it keeps defaulting to controller, i have to go into option and turn hud off every single level… this is causing me to not even want to play. the maps can be enchanted but it doesnt show any extra mods except an epic mod at the end that isnt related at all. one of my accounts has been deleted? says it doesnt even exist anymore? that was a big screw you… my lvl 93 warrior is just gone now i guess… lastly random force closes which cause you to lose progress and restart.

Sorry for all these issues! We’ll do our best to address them.

Do you happen to have a controller connected at all? Usually only does this when the game detects one. Will look at having the option always override.

That’s definitely a bug, will get that fixed!

Could you let us know which email it was under? We’d never do this on purpose. If you don’t want to share the email here you can contact support@shinyboxgames.com with the information.

Can you let us know when during gameplay the game force closes, so we can narrow down what may be happening to you?

no controller connected at all, never had one connected to the phone, but only got this bug after the update.

as for the account its himura317@yahoo.com

as for the force close im noy exactly sure, i know its happened a couple times after clearing an area and opening incentory because its full.

I PMed you about your account.

As far as the other issues, we’ll definitely be looking into them!

thank you! btw if you try to open an enchanted map that you edited yourself there is a chance it will bug the game and keep causing force close before you even enter a level. it will continue to cause force close even if you restart the game. this could be some of the issues people have been having with force close. the only way to fix it is to go to settings>apps>dungeon quest, and clear data, then relaunch the game and redownload from server.

hopefully people will see this first or update their account often because if they try to use those maps they will have to restore from the last save.

i feel like im trying to break the game but hopefully its helping lol

edit*

Issue with controller hud not present on restored account

Wow, that info could prove to be very helpful! We mistakenly allowed enchanting on this patch for maps, when we didn’t mean to ( yet ). This is why it breaks horribly. In next small patch this will be addressed.

It helps a lot actually, ty! :smile:

Yeah I think hitting “Controller Default” on options might be a fix for it as well, but good to know a full reset fixes it.

Game will not play. i hit the play button and the app closes. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, as well as reverifying my account and nothing seems to provide a solution. Please help. Thank you

If you could, let us know which device and OS version you’re on. Also make extra sure you’ve downloaded the latest patch ( fixed most of the recent crash issues )

I tried downloading update and still cannot play. Im on an iphone with version 6.0.1

Ohhhhh ( this is the Droid Support forum :stuck_out_tongue: ). For iOS we have an update that’s in Apple review right now, and should be out in a few days.

In the meantime, you can:

1. Log completely off of Game Center ( that’s causing the crashes ) until the patch is out or
  2. Update your device to iOS 7

My Tito Char Has Been Stock in Level 99 but he all ready get the 200 map ??

Here are a few things I’ve noticed.

1. The game still freezes on occasion after coming from the Dungeon Quest splash screen. This seems to happen only when I’m using my 3G service (as compared to never happening when I’m using wifi), so maybe it’s due to having crap 3G?
  2. Likewise, I still have trouble sometimes connecting to my account and uploading (but oddly, usually no problem downloading) while using my 3G, but again, not a problem when using wifi. So again, maybe it’s just my crap 3G?
  3. I have had “ghost” enemies stay on my screen once or twice since this latest update. Sorry, I don’t know the geeky technical term for this (an “artifact”?). Basically, I clear the area, but one enemy remains on the screen, even though it is not moving or active. Here’s a screen shot of one that appeared earlier today:
    [attachment=0]ghost_image.jpg[/attachment

The 3g sounds like it could be the cause of the data uploading issue but the Dungeon Quest splash screen should not be a connectivity issue (since we don’t required a connection to play DQ). It could be the old remnants of a bug that happens when you press the main first screen as soon as it starts up. I thought we addressed this issue but it could still be an issue on some devices.

The “ghost” enemy is a known issue and while not game breaking I can see where that would be annoying.

Thanks for reporting these issues!

Thanks for the reply.

I don’t even have to press anything on the first main screen for it to freeze up. Also, the freeze-up is not consistent. It only happens sometimes.

Just in case you need my device info to try to fix this, here it is:

Model: Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000B
Android version: 4.1.2

The ghost images don’t even rise to the level of being an annoyance. :smile: I just thought you’d like to know, so that you could tidy things up, as it were, code-wise, if possible.

Another bug that is semi-related to a ghost image…

Yesterday, I was playing a map, and cleared everything up to the cartographer. I got to the cartographer and some allies in a small niche, and started blasting away at them. Cleared all of the allies, and then saw that the cartographer was not moving. I do not know if I actually killed him, as I did not get the hero points for the cartographer kill, and did not get the bonus chest. Again, there was a ghost image of the cartographer present on the screen, and I could still move freely about the area.

Picture attached for your viewing pleasure:
[attachment=0]cartographer_ghost.jpg[/attachment]

and also when I cast a twister on mobs, they seem to ‘teleport’ back and forth as them want to retain their position as well as being pulled by my twister.

I will have a look at the wizard twister effect to see if I can reproduce. Does this happen everywhere for you?

it usually happen when I corner mobs to the wall, I don’t update my game yet tho. So, I’m not sure whether this issue has been resolved or not.

[quote=“Aricius_Merlinus”]Another bug that is semi-related to a ghost image…

Yesterday, I was playing a map, and cleared everything up to the cartographer. I got to the cartographer and some allies in a small niche, and started blasting away at them. Cleared all of the allies, and then saw that the cartographer was not moving. I do not know if I actually killed him, as I did not get the hero points for the cartographer kill, and did not get the bonus chest. Again, there was a ghost image of the cartographer present on the screen, and I could still move freely about the area.

[attachment=0]cartographer_ghost.jpg[/attachment][/quote]

I just had this exact same thing happen again on a level 143 map. Again, missed out on the loot and the hero points that I could have gotten from the kill. Any idea when/if you might be able to fix this?

[quote=“Aricius_Merlinus”][quote=“Aricius_Merlinus”]Another bug that is semi-related to a ghost image…

[attachment=0]cartographer_ghost.jpg[/attachment][/quote]

I just had this exact same thing happen again on a level 143 map. Again, missed out on the loot and the hero points that I could have gotten from the kill. Any idea when/if you might be able to fix this?[/quote]

It’s a hard one to track down, since we can’t get it to happen. Will keep trying to reproduce the issue and if we can, fix it ASAP.