Bugs

Well that is what dps is, total damage dealt/time. You could calculate vs one target, but then its not right either if you’re hitting multiple targets. And clearing multiple mobs at a time is better than one individual. Since all skills are some version of aoe, single target dps would only really be accurate on some boss floors.

I would like to thank the thinkers that think they thunk the thoughts they theorized.

DPS is should always be calculated as damage you output per second not the damage enemies take. Total damage dealt in an AoE is meaningless. You don’t care about that. Different enemies have different HP. What you care about is the speed that each enemy dies. Unlike Guidedshot, most skills in DQ deal the same damage to all enemies. As long as enemies A and B are in the same AoE, they will lose health at the same average speed. But the one with the least HP will on average die before the one with the most hp. You only care about when the latter dies because on average, his death will signal that all enemies in the AoE are dead. (I say averages because that is DQ’s damage varies a lot).

It makes no sense to use # of enemies in DPS calculations. You can stack an infinit ammount of enemies in any AOE as seen in the pics below. No game describes their skills with “this skill does up to X damage depending on Y number of enemies in an AoE”. They all say “this skill does X damage to all enemies in the AoE”. It is more tangeable and has more meaning. If you say this skill does 1000 total damage to enemies in the AoE, does it mean that if enemies A, B and C all have 1 HP and enemy D has 997, all 4 of them will die? Yes it does. Because you dealt a total of 1+1+1+997 damage and there was 4 enemies. Such statements give no indication of how the damage is distributed. This is why DPS should always be calculated vs a single unit. If an enemy dies in the AoE does it affect the speed at which the others die? No, except for skills like Guidedshot.

See this huge mob? I fit them all in the AoE of my dagger. With enough time, I can even fit them all in the AoE of a single trap!

[quote=“Unities”]DPS is should always be calculated as damage you output per second not the damage enemies take.
**This is very wrong, as enemy debuffs play a huge role in calculating final dps. Debuffs being a big reason dps estimates cannot be guestimated prior to the dmg actually being outputted. A DQ specific example, Ruptured mythic causes bleeding enemies to take an additional 50% dmg from all sources. So if before hand you were dealing 100 dps, once a bleed is applied you are doing 150 dps, formulas simply cannot predict things like that. Debuffs can also be applied from other sources (not necessarily in DQ). In an MMO, another character can provide that debuff for you, so although YOUR dmg output did not change, your dps did.

Total damage dealt in an AoE is meaningless. You don’t care about that…You only care about when the latter dies because on average, his death will signal that all enemies in the AoE are dead.
**I understand your point to an extent. The aoe dps could still be expressed as a single target dps value(even though it would not be the TRUE dps value), but the fact that it IS aoe and can hit multiple targets is vital at times. If you are only capable of hitting one target at a time, there are fights that you would not survive due to multiple sources of incoming dmg. Again, this doesn’t really apply in DQ as all dmg is aoe, but when looking at an overview of dps in general, it is.

It makes no sense to use # of enemies in DPS calculations.
**Yes it does, as I’ve said, dps it a TOTAL, CUMULATIVE figure. Dps is entirely dependant on the number of enemies hit. 100 dmg to one enemy per second is 100 dps, 100 dmg to two targets at once is 200 dps.
An example: There are 2 enemies each with 1000 hp, you have only 1 minute to kill them before they enrage, blow up and kill everything you love. You must be able to deal 17 dps by a single target attack, or 9 dmg (18 total dps) with an aoe attack to make the timer.

You can stack an infinit ammount of enemies in any AOE as seen in the pics below. No game describes their skills with “this skill does up to X damage depending on Y number of enemies in an AoE”. They all say “this skill does X damage to all enemies in the AoE”. It is more tangeable and has more meaning.
**I completely agree, but in that case X is not the dps figure, it would be X(# of targets hit)/attack frequency. The description can change, the way you calculate dps does not.
[/quote]

I would like to thank the thinkers that think they thunk the thoughts they theorized.

1 Like

Guys i have some concern about the mythical item like “Santuary Necklace”

i think there a bug in the effect of that item… please check and test that item in high floor… the cool down of effect of the santuary is unlimited that why you are IMMORATAL and your life are still full when cartho and mobs hit you…

please give this action ASAP!!! when the next patch release…

Already found and fixed. Thanks though.

[quote=“Rubik”]Already found and fixed. Thanks though.

I would like to thank the thinkers that think they thunk the thoughts they theorized.[/quote]

And Thank you too sir…

More Power and God bless to all developer and suppoter in this game

Happy Gaming Guys :slight_smile: