[BUILD] 1.7.0 Scattershot Bow Rogue

Hi all,
This build is just based on Dieter’s and Grinder’s builds.
I used copy-paste for texts from Grinder’s build.

I was wondering if using bow instead of pistols could increase dmg.
The statistics for bow are much better but I think i will have to make some changes in second attempt.
The build is based on items and pet that I have.
That is the reason why i have to use HP leech because my Blood magic pet just don’t have it.
Second skill that I use is Stealth that increase DMG and makes me unhitable-that is the reason that I don’t have to much dodge.

As for the damage it’s very similar to Grinder’s build - up to 2.2B.

My equipment:

Sets affixes:

[color=#00BF00]Permafrost
Rage
Plague
Golden Veins
Buccaneer
Deadly arts
Blood Magic (pet)[/color]

Legend affixces:

[color=#FF0000]Ignore Resist
+100% Frostbiting
+100% Frostbiting

• 2 All Skills
    [/color]

Mythstones socketing:

[color=#FF40FF]+4 All Skills
+4 All Skills
+2 All sets
+2 All sets
+10% Deadly Strike
+10% Deadly Strike
+10% Deadly Strike
[/color]

Crystal Affixes
[color=#0000FF]
50% Critical Chance
200% Gold Find
200% Gold Find
200% Gold Find
30% Deadly Strike
100% Total HP[/color]

Epic affixes:

[color=#FF8000]2 x +5 Scattershots
2% HP leech
3 x +5000 HP
4 x +5000+Ice Damage
+20% Ice Damage
[/color]

The problem that I have is lack of good legend pet.
I have druidic, pathfinder and blood magic.
Unfortunatelly BM without HP leech.

I don’t want to put all calculations because Grinder did it and my build is almost the same.
I didn’t did all natures and talent yet. The reason is very simple I would like to do more changes in my build to make it better.

Grinder mentioned that 2x Greed is worse that +50% gold find in item - I need to think what to change to get this.
Second I would like to use legend armour (Craving) with veil talent that will give me total +40 veil talent (+100% to stealth duration).
Third i would like to use bootle with Coatweapon and Stealth instead of trap that I have.
Fourth I will have to use some warrior helm to get rage and veil (beacause of Craving armour).
Fifth all talents to dodge just to increase it a bit.

This build I did today - previously this rogue was able to do 7M crit dmg max. Now I need to learn how to play and level up because I was on 250 floor max.
Hope you enjoy it.

Ciemny

[attachment=1]SSBuild01sm.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]SSBuild02sm.jpg[/attachment]

Nice one! Details, stats and images, so definitly +1 to me
Keep rocking!

(PS : Thanks for the credit! :smile: )

what is so good with gold find…i confius

Because of the green affixes “buccaner” and “golden veines”

+1 for detail and tidy!

Ciemny,
The scattershot damage will depend on whether the skill uses DPS or damage per hit for the 700% calc.

Because the pistol can get 10 attacks per sec at 60 attk SPD, its dps is greater than the bow. However the bow, although at 3.5 attacks per sec at 60 attk SPD does more damage per hit. Also bow base damage is higher.

Nice build, keep us posted,

regards

EDIT: Just checked, made a base bow and base pistol both the same quality level and made scattershot the secondary.

With all the other equipment the same scattershot damage was :
Pistol damage was DPS 7.71M/Dam per hit 927.3K
Bow damage was DPS 8.6M/Dam per hit 1.03M

So pistol is doing 89% of the bow DPS using scattershot.
Or to put it another way, the bow does 21% more damage than pistol when using scatter shot.
Good call!

The definition of DPS=Damage/second. A single instance of damage cannot magically become damage/second. Also bows do more DPS than Guns dispite the flawed and bugged UI. If you want to maximize Scatter Shot’s burst, using Chakrams would be best.

Thank you very much for feedback. At this moment i’m trying to move to higher floors ( I’m at 405 at this moment and don’t play a lot).
I’m waiting with gear update because at this moment i don’t have any problem with monsters and after 1.8 crystal bonus changes i need to keep my best crystals.
Other thing is missing a good pet that will allow me to do more work that I described.

I have a question. uhm… I thought frostbiting only works on frozen enemies…
i read on the other topics that frozen is different from chilled effect.
so frostbiting only work on frozen enemies and not on chilled enemies?

[quote=“CravenRed”]I have a question. uhm… I thought frostbiting only works on frozen enemies…
i read on the other topics that frozen is different from chilled effect.
so frostbiting only work on frozen enemies and not on chilled enemies?[/quote]

Yup, 1.8.1 change it to only works in frozen enemies.

Yup, 1.8.1 change it to only works in frozen enemies.[/quote]

oh. ok .so i’ll be changing frost biting for? any suggestions. i use permafrost :smile:

oh. ok .so i’ll be changing frost biting for? any suggestions. i use permafrost :smile:[/quote]

If you r using permafrost dont remove frostbiting, put elemental crit freeze! So you freeze enemies hence incrrsing damage…
Add set affix FROZEN, frozen enemies will explode!
Permafrost, frozen, frostbiting… now you do more damage on frozen enemies. :wink:

oh. ok .so i’ll be changing frost biting for? any suggestions. i use permafrost :smile:[/quote]

If you r using permafrost dont remove frostbiting, put elemental crit freeze! So you freeze enemies hence incrrsing damage…
Add set affix FROZEN, frozen enemies will explode!
Permafrost, frozen, frostbiting… now you do more damage on frozen enemies. :wink:[/quote]

thank you :smile: