Can someone explain to me how counter talent works

I was trying to build cf+cb with perma stealth rogue and rely on my counter talent to trigger the immolate. Yeah, i don’t want to use attack while spamming my stealth… that was the plan until i saw that my talent can’t even reflect damage. Someone please explain to me how does that talent work? sorry for the dumb question i barely understand the mechanics :pensive:

2 Likes

I think the reflect damage in counter talent is only applied during dodged attacks, unlike reflect damage affix it is applied when struck by enimies while theirs a mythic gear where your reflect damage affix is also applied during dodged and blocked attacks, so for me you should better use the redirect mythic gear in an amulet item to apply your reflect damage both when struck by enemies and dodged and blocked attacks by enemies, and use an electrified set to make your reflect damage range improved to 25 yards, that’s all and happy gaming bro

3 Likes

and don’t forget to put a +2 set elixir mythstone or use an item with +2 set affix like stone of nadroji and amulet of nadroji

1 Like

it should reflect some damage right? if i remember correctly, rank 20 counter can deal 80% damage after dodge. but you can see that no damage has been reflected

1 Like

i shifted my build to cf+cb with demonic. sadly i got the cf on my amulet so it’s a no go to change it to nadroji. but i’ll try to buy other parts and see if i can manage

2 Likes

Counter doesn’t work if you don’t have Reflect Damage affix on your Equipment.

Reflect Damage doesn’t cause Elemental Crits, which is sad, but it does cause Crit Hits, Crit Damage, Deadly Strike, Brutal if you have Deadly Strike, and Crushing Blow. if another attack caused Immolate, then Reflect Damage can cause Crushing Flames if it gets Crushing Blow while Immolate is in effect.

better to use Electrified Set (gives RD a +25 Yard AoE effect centered on your Character), Redirect Mythic, and lots of Dodge & Block, depending on your build. and use lots of Crit Chance & Crit Damage with Deadly Strike. takes up lots of space…

also, you can roll Crushing Flames with Amethyst Crystal.

5 Likes

i got crushing flames, demonic with bonus, pathfinder, epiphany with bonus, inferno and momentum. i do have max dodge, MS and AS. as for cb i have 50+%, 300% for crit damage. what i want to know is where i can get the execute affix, i already got explosives but i can’t find execute affix. i’m trying to roll damage to elite too :joy:

3 Likes

Crystal Crafting Restrictions
Those two affix can only be found via item because there are some restriction on the crystal crafting as in the link above. This would avoid you from wasting your crystal on something that is unobtainable.

4 Likes

oh, thanks for the info! but since execute damage is not listed on legend affix it means that i can roll it right?

2 Likes

that is actually a new affix as of Patch 3.0. that Crystal Crafting Restrictions doesn’t show because it was posted before the Patch, I think. I have never seen Execute affix as a choice when rolling Ruby, so @Vinz is correct about only finding it on an Item.

I know you can find it on a few Rogue Items, and maybe some Warrior Items? and not sure about Wizard Items. Take a look in the LegendEx to see which items have it on them.

4 Likes

Some of the Electrocution set pieces have execute damage on them and demonic set pieces, both for Rogue. You can find them easily in the codex near the end of the Rogue section of legendary items.

If you use Electrocution, you could change your OH to the shock element so your MH gets +12.5% damage per stack, 4 stacks max, Electrocution set pieces have affixes that let this stack higher as well.

You would have to use a skill which can apply shock. Taunt is a very good skill I’ve found to be quite effective and can be applied to OH.

Also, if you elemental crit with shock you can stun them and gain High Voltage (the shock version of blight) which causes you to deal extra damage, and because this is a different damage bonus than blight it will give you more damage (only if the enemy is stunned).

You can also give your hireling a shock weapon(MH or OH) for another +50% (I think that stacks but is one of it not the only thing which can increase damage between characters).

4 Likes

noted! thanks!

2 Likes

i see, i prolly try that build but with different set because i lack stones rn. but i don’t mind if i got no hireling tho, i kinda enjoy solo clearing floors. :joy:

3 Likes

Same with me :+1:

1 Like