Carrot's Effective Ring and Immune Molten Furies

Title… I’m pretty sure this is a bug, as it already happened on two different maps on very similar circumstances.

Here’s the deal. My toon is wearing my freshly-crafted half baked Effective ring. She (let’s call her Carrot) opened a map with immune affix. Map scroll brought Carrot into a snowy dungeon. In this dungeon there are Fire and Ice monsters. Some of them are immune to Ice as promised by the scroll. Because of the sheer awesomeness of the freshly-crafted half baked Effective ring, every mob melted like a scoop of ice cream on a very punishing summer day, except the Molten Fury with an Ice immune affix. Carrot then removed the freshly-crafted half baked Effective ring and swaps it with her previous ring named Sublimation. After swapping the rings, the Molten Fury went down normally.

Carrot’s weapon is a Restless Storm rerolled to fire, with all other gear multiplying the fire damage (Immolate, Blistering, Fire dmg% and Fire dmg+) plus crushing blow.

Screenshots may be attached later upon request. Phillipine internets is one of the worst in the world lel

1 Like

Effective ring doesn’t work on immune monsters, sadly. That’s why most peeps use Ignore Resist affix. Or Hunter ring. Effective doesn’t work well with Ignore Resist too. You won’t get the damage bonus from “effective” proc when you ignore resistances.

1 Like

This is a known bug. Steiger is quite busy recently so I think you might have to suffer this bug a little longer.
Thanks for the report anyway :smile:

[quote=“zzvilzz”]This is a known bug. Steiger is quite busy recently so I think you might have to suffer this bug a little longer.
Thanks for the report anyway :smile:[/quote]

It is not really a bug. Effective is not the same thing as ignore resist. It just makes you deal more damage. If your damage is 0, then effective will do nothing. I don’t think Steiger is changing this as we had a long discussion about them and weaken.

@Unities: Actually, it is. Rubik had the same problem with those Fury guys.
In this video, I was using Effective ring and Shock element weapons against Fire Immune Furies and they just won’t die youtu.be/vRph2hPEdaU

[quote=“Unities”]
It is not really a bug. Effective is not the same thing as ignore resist. It just makes you deal more damage. If your damage is 0, then effective will do nothing. I don’t think Steiger is changing this as we had a long discussion about them and weaken.[/quote]

I really think Ice immunity has nothing to do with Fire damage… or at least how I reasonably think it’s supposed to be.

PS: The ice immune slimes also melt as fast as anything else, so I don’t really think this inconsistency is not a bug

[quote=“zzvilzz”]This is a known bug. Steiger is quite busy recently so I think you might have to suffer this bug a little longer.
Thanks for the report anyway :smile:[/quote]

I suppose I shall :cry: I’ll just stay away from immune maps when mythic enemy feat is impending

[quote=“zzvilzz”]@Unities: Actually, it is. Rubik had the same problem with those Fury guys.
In this video, I was using Effective ring and Shock element weapons against Fire Immune Furies and they just won’t die youtu.be/vRph2hPEdaU[/quote]
^This. The bug is not that Effective isnt increasing the damage, its that things are becoming invincible, likely due to some side effect of Effective. Its very similar to the unkillable Cartos. It was present from the beginning of 1.8.1 testing cycle, and is apparently still around. Although what the OP described may be a bit different, as changing equipment didn’t solve the issue before.

This is partly correct. IR and Effective should work together, but it depends on the scenario.

Third time I encountered this bug is when Carrot is strolling through a Fire dungeon with Fire immune affix. This time, everything still dies (slimes, summoners and guards) even with Fire immune affix, except Frozen Furies.

The trend I have noticed is that the bug affects Furies specifically, when they spawn in their “opposite” element dungeon (e.g. Molten Furies in Ice dungeons, Frozen Furies in Fire dungeons).

I’m not sure if this helps but I hope it helps in narrowing down the bug.

EDIT: Fourth time in a Poison dungeon, but this time on “Poison immune” malum spawns. My conclusion on furies is then invalid, but the thing about “opposite” element dungeon still stands