Crafting help

Hello!

I have gotten a few eternals, nothing really special… and I am not really sure how to progress much further.

I sold a crystal item because it was a low ilvl (before I knew it was special) and am looking to avoid other mistakes.

I have a 99 wizard and high level rogue, I am farming legend maps 280+ and mythic 1 maps 200+… should I just keep farming and hope for an eternal weapon?

can I get eternals from the merchant?/ (I spend all my gold on legs)

I currently use a meteor build (all talents in meteor, with a ring that procs meteor) and then a wand/eternal orb. Basically I teleport around like a madman and the place gets bombarded with meteors and storm.

Kind of getting bored because I feel like in the last week or so I have not really made any progress…

I also am wondering if a mythstone recipe requires 4 stones, can the item have 5 sockets and the first four give it the talent? or is it like diablo 2 where there cannot be any extraneous sockets?

thanks in advance

For me when you start out with item progression.
Legendary item → Eternal item but depends on build → Crafting crystal item and using mythic

The problem with eternal is you can’t craft it and you can’t have all the affix that you need.

high lvl crystal and high lvl mythstones needs dedication.

List of affixes search for crystal.
dungeonquest.wikia.com/wiki/Affixes

List of mythic
dungeonquest.wikia.com/wiki/Mythics

After farming I aimed for a progression set and wanted to reach top 100 on the floors. It was on 750 floor that time on mythic 3.

My set then had
5 crystal crafted
7 set affix ( 1 was from legendary pet)
2 has mythic
1 eternal weapon

I sold a crystal item because it was a low ilvl (before I knew it was special) and am looking to avoid other mistakes. - [color=#FF0000]This can be crafted. You can raise quality by using emerald and lvl by using peridot.[/color]

I also am wondering if a mythstone recipe requires 4 stones, can the item have 5 sockets and the first four give it the talent? or is it like diablo 2 where there cannot be any extraneous sockets? - [color=#FF0000]As Far as I know if you get the right combination of the 4 slots on the specific gear it will craft to a mythic.[/color]

For tips on crystal crafting look at rubik’s guide

Are you using + 2 set mythstone or affix? it is really nice as set affix will be boosted. max is +4 set affix. If you have like rage set and have +4 on your set affix it will be rage(5)

1 Like

Someone using my wiki and giving great advices? wow I like you :dieter:

When I started playing I ask A lot of question and the forum community help a lot. I want to be part of that community ^^

The wiki is really nice and very helpful. Thanks for making it :smile:
When I craft items I always open the wiki on my comp :laughing:

Glad to hear that :smiley:

Morning!

I found a crystal bow and am wondering if it is a decent one…

winters curve of the elements
115860 dps 8.56 per second
1 permafrost
47% attack speed
blistering (fire)
19.1 fire dmg
9.0 immolate
42.8 weapon dmg

im going to make it all ice though.

1 Like

[quote=“drocksmash”]Morning!

1 permafrost
47% attack speed
blistering (fire)
19.1 fire dmg
9.0 immolate
42.8 weapon dmg

im going to make it all ice though.[/quote]
Shouldn’t it already be ice unless you Calcite’d it? If it came as fire, that’s definitely a bug.

1 permafrost
47% attack speed
blistering (fire)
19.1 fire dmg
9.0 immolate
42.8 weapon dmg

Ircher is right that should be ice.
It’s a nice weapon.
For weapon I normally go with

permafrost is a nice set with ice damage.
I normally go with
endow
element damage
weapon damage
weapon damage % / element damage %

1 Like

1 permafrost
47% attack speed
blistering (fire)
19.1 fire dmg
9.0 immolate
42.8 weapon dmg

If you use Calcite on an item with ED% or elementalcritical, it changes the element according to the crystal roll :dieter:
Are you using bloodmagic? if so u’ve to know that permafrost isn’t working with bloodmagic since 1.9 :dieter: so basically it’ll just add +50% ice dmg

Yeah I used the calcite because I was all fire at the time - realized permafrost is ice dmg so I swapped everything back out.

I do not have blood magic on my rogue - I do on my wizard though

what crystals should I use on this bow to improve it? I don’t want to ruin it like I have my other weapons…

also, a moment of frustration!

I had a jasper crystal… I went to use it on a weapon but since I did not really understand what the crystal did I decided not to select an option or actually do it until I researched it… well since I got to the apply screen (even though I did not actually do it) the gem is gone!

that is twice now I have started to look at a crystal to work through it and decided not to because the options were something I did not like and it still considers the gem used without applying it… I was going to use the jasper on my wand to make it have rogue abilities but now I have a normal wand and no stone.

[quote=“drocksmash”]Yeah I used the calcite because I was all fire at the time - realized permafrost is ice dmg so I swapped everything back out.

I do not have blood magic on my rogue - I do on my wizard though

what crystals should I use on this bow to improve it? I don’t want to ruin it like I have my other weapons…

also, a moment of frustration!

I had a jasper crystal… I went to use it on a weapon but since I did not really understand what the crystal did I decided not to select an option or actually do it until I researched it… well since I got to the apply screen (even though I did not actually do it) the gem is gone!

that is twice now I have started to look at a crystal to work through it and decided not to because the options were something I did not like and it still considers the gem used without applying it… I was going to use the jasper on my wand to make it have rogue abilities but now I have a normal wand and no stone.[/quote]

Jasper : changes the class of the item, if your item is a bow (rogue) it’ll turn into an axe (warrior) or a gauntlet (wizard)

dungeonquest.wikia.com/wiki/Equipements

The system use for crystal is when it doesn’t have a cancel option the crystal that you used gets depleted upon pressing use. I think it’s because if it won’t be depleted upon usage it can be abused such as if you don’t get the affix that you want you’re just going to close the app.

example you use obsidian and looking for deadly strike then the option didn’t give you the deadly strike option. if it wasn’t depleted you can retry and retry until you get your desired affix. Crafting is going to be easy if this was implemented.

For your gear you can use sapphire to change epic affixes.
Example you want to change fire damage to weapon damage.
you can use sapphire to change it but it’s random and it doesn’t have an option it just change to another epic affix then you can use fluorite to perfect the roll of the epic affix.

max item quality and max item lvl helps when you are rerolling the affix.
max out crystal and legend affix first because epic affix can be rolled separately

I greatly appreciate the help guys… lessons learned for the crystals!

I found another eternal, it is a mana shield for my wizard. I am not really a fan of the mana shield style gameplay but it is showing over 100% DPS increase from my eternal event horizon… is it really that much more effective?

That might be affix related. Post images of both of them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You forgot that MP absorb reduces DMG too. What makes Bloodmagic+MP absorb broken is that you literally heal more HP than any DMG that does not kill you in 1 hit. You are basically immortal unless the enemy can oneshot you.

+50% ice dmg and 37.5% DMG reduction is still an amazing effect. Plus if you do not use bloodmagic, it heals your MP too! With the new changes Permafrost is still an amazing set.

You forgot that MP absorb reduces DMG too. What makes Bloodmagic+MP absorb broken is that you literally heal more HP than any DMG that does not kill you in 1 hit. You are basically immortal unless the enemy can oneshot you.

+50% ice dmg and 37.5% DMG reduction is still an amazing effect. Plus if you do not use bloodmagic, it heals your MP too! With the new changes Permafrost is still an amazing set.[/quote]

Actually that’s exactly what I said, it’ll still be very interesting if u’re not using bloodmagic, but it’s gonna be meh for ppl using Bloodmagic :dieter:

[quote=“Diieter”]

Actually that’s exactly what I said, it’ll still be very interesting if u’re not using bloodmagic, but it’s gonna be meh for ppl using Bloodmagic :dieter:[/quote]

like me then :laughing:

prayer with bloodmagic is quite selfsustaining for me. i’m gonna miss the heals from permafrost though :mrgreen:

No, it wont. 37.5% DMG reduction is amazing regardless of what other affixes you are using.

You mean you are gonna miss the immortality that came from it.

[quote=“solkyro”]
like me then :laughing:

prayer with bloodmagic is quite selfsustaining for me.[/quote]
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe that no longer works in the test patch.
Edit: Nvm, I’m wrong.

[quote=“Clogon”]
You mean you are gonna miss the immortality that came from it.[/quote]

yeah i guess that’s a point to it though i find it hard to notice with my 300k hp;

[quote=“Ircher”]

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe that no longer works in the test patch.[/quote]

prayer with bloodmagic doesn’t work anymore by 1.9 ?