Crystal guide for newbie

Hi,

First of all. im newbie too. played for 2-3week already. currently have 1 max lvl and 2 otw to max.

i found this game are addicting. the more i play the more i cant stop… and while playing im always hope to get high tier crystal. and sometime spent 5m on merc for crystal (symbol jasper)aai read that it worth it on this forum. but i personally found its not… since most of time when i buy 500k crystal on merchant (peridot symbol) i get ruby… as for now i think i already got 7 ruby via merchant (peridot symbol)

so i suggest dont focus on buying 5m crystal (jasper symbol) buy peridot symbol. and just hope ur luck lol

I’ve never actually thought about it that way. I’ve been just focusing on getting the ultra rare ones from the merchant for 5.4mil. Its been taking a while.

Would you be able to provide a statistic for how many peridot symbol ones you buy from the merchant before you get a ruby?

[quote=“Drnogoodnik”]I’ve never actually thought about it that way. I’ve been just focusing on getting the ultra rare ones from the merchant for 5.4mil. Its been taking a while.

Would you be able to provide a statistic for how many peridot symbol ones you buy from the merchant before you get a ruby?[/quote]
its totally random. before this i also dont know about it. first 2 week play. i always look on merchant for ultra rare (jasper symbol) 5.4m. but 1 week after that. i got some gear that i want to lvling it to 100… then go buy peridot on merchant… see in inventory. no peridot. but there never spent 5.4m again on ultra rare lol is ruby. in 1 week i get 7 ruby via merchant.

From a mathematical standpoint, there should be a way to estimate this.

First, we know the following where CCS is low level crystal PCS is mid level crystal and JCS is high level crystal.

100 CCS = 10 PCS = 1 JCS in terms of cost.

Ideally, you’ll get the most of lower crystals and less of higher crystals. Suppose the following:
Calcite – 30%
Angelite – 20%
Quartz – 15%
Diamond – 10%
Larinar – 6%
Kyanite – 5%
Sapphire – 4%
Flourite – 3%
Emerald – 2%
Peridot – 1%
Beryl – 1%
Citrine – 0.8%
Topaz – 0.6%
Amber – 0.5%
Jasper – 0.4%
Zircon – 0.3%
??? – 0.2%
Ruby – 0.1%
Anthymest – 0.07%
Obsidian – 0.03%
Total – 100%

The above is theoretical and probably wrong.

So, out of 100 CCS, we would get those numbers of crystals as shown above.

With the PCS and JCS, we are guaranteed higher crystals and therefore the percentages change.

Peridot – 45%
Beryl – 25%
Citrine – 12%
Topaz – 7%
Amber – 5%
Jasper – 3%
Zircon – 1%
??? – 0.8%
Ruby – 0.7%
Amthymest – 0.4%
Obsidian – 0.1%
Total – 100%

Again, theoretical probabilities. Divide those values by 10 and that would probably be about how much of each you get from 10 PCS.

Finally, JCS guarantees a Jasper or higher.

Overall, I’d say that JCS gives the best deal overall although if you’re lucky, 10 PCS can be better.

[size=40]I do not guarantee the accuracy or correctness of any of the assumptions made here. Take this at your own risk.[/size]

1 Like

I agree with this.
For me at 1st I usually spend 5.4M in each time I see a crystal in the merchant. It almost drains my gold. I observed 1 time I brought a 500k crystal and boom its a ruby, sometimes its zircon sometimes its a jasper. So imho atleast there is a 1/10 chance of getting a 5.4M worth of crystal when purchasing a 500k crystal.

I thought a 500k crystal could only spawn amber crystals or less. At least for me, they never had passed from that. And I have gotten at least one obsidian from the 5.4m ones.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

[quote=“McEna”]I thought a 500k crystal could only spawn amber crystals or less. At least for me, they never had passed from that. And I have gotten at least one obsidian from the 5.4m ones.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk[/quote]
well its not always… and since u never get it yet via merchant. all u need is luck. just wait. u will get somehow

The highest i got from merchant buying 5.4m is only an amethyst.

Unlucky, I got 4 Obsidians!

Can confirm it does give rubies, got 2 yesterday and allowing for my 4th crystal affix ^^.

Doing a bit off topic though, it does require a lot of cash.

I didn’t know that. Thanks for the info.
I got 1 ruby for like 10 purchase I guess. Got Citrine a lot though xD

[quote=“emman23”]I didn’t know that. Thanks for the info.
I got 1 ruby for like 10 purchase I guess. Got Citrine a lot though xD[/quote]
your welcome… i know what most newbie want… (fast high tier crystal to get) lol… that what i want too lolol

All CS/MS from merchant can give Obsidians and Elixirs.

Unlucky, I got 4 Obsidians![/quote]

Lucky you. That’s nice. I want to buy the 5.4m cs, but im saving my gold for the next patch. Coz they said better save gold. Piling up some gold now. :smiley:

i.e., all purchases from the gamble vendor HAVE the chance to obtain the rarest of stones. It’s just that the lower limit will be raised as you spend more per crystal (540k and 5.4m)

Whether we are lucky or unlucky pieces of ___ is another completely different matter… all the time I was binge farming gold, I only got an Obsidian only ONCE. Sad :frowning:

[quote=“andrielley”]
Lucky you. That’s nice. I want to buy the 5.4m cs, but im saving my gold for the next patch. Coz they said better save gold. Piling up some gold now. :smiley:[/quote]

Save at least 10m per bag of assorted “rare junk” (mythic, crystal, eternal)

10m per bag not per item? Ohh if that’s so i can do that. :smiley:

new record for me… buy 50k gold crystal got obsidian. lol… extreme luck.

EDIT:500k gold.

[quote=“cronos1234”]new record for me… buy 50k gold crystal got obsidian. lol… extreme luck.

EDIT:500k gold.[/quote]

Oh man, you are really luck! I got 2, but from the 5.4m crystal.

[quote=“cronos1234”]new record for me… buy 50k gold crystal got obsidian. lol… extreme luck.

I get a lot of lower lvl crystal at 500k XD I stopped and just wanted 5.4m but you posting that I might try again. I got ruby 1 time >.>

[quote=“emman23”][quote=“cronos1234”]new record for me… buy 50k gold crystal got obsidian. lol… extreme luck.

I get a lot of lower lvl crystal at 500k XD I stopped and just wanted 5.4m but you posting that I might try again. I got ruby 1 time >.>[/quote]

I used to do it, buy them all, but never got the high lvl ones…
So I stoped to save some money also.