Dear devs, are you SURE Assault is not bugged?

I know I keep harping on this, but something definitely doesn’t seem right with Assault.

On my warrior, I have a +92% chance to cast toss on attack.

[attachment=0]Assault percentage.jpg[/attachment]

So, theoretically, Assault should go off a little over 9 out of 10 times that I attack.

However, in a mini-test that I ran yesterday, Assault actually only went off exactly 6 times out of 50 attacks.

That comes out to a little over a 10% chance.

If you are sure that Assault is definitely NOT bugged, then please help me understand how it can go off so seldom.

Proc has changed to “Chance to cast skill per second”, which normalizes the chance for proc for all weapon speeds. If you have a very fast weapon, it will technically be cast less per attack, but over the same amount of time it should be the same. For players who had very fast weapons, this will be a nerf for sure, but we also wanted to make sure our game could handle high proc rates for weapons that attack 9 times+ per second. Not saying there definitely isnt a bug either, everything deserves a second glance, but the proc change in patch notes might not have been noticed by most players.

What’s your Attacks per Second on the ability you were using?

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I am using a Fate’s Travesty. I was using Cleave for the mini-test.

For Cleave, Attacks per Second is 3.2.

Attack Speed is +53.9%, if that matters.

I would appreciate any other information or comments you might want to add that would help me understand what’s going on.

Hi, SteigerBox. I’d be interested in your response based on the info that I provided. Thanks.

Aricius, try to multiclick on skill button instead of keep it holding to auto atack xD

Thanks for the suggestion, Harahell, but I actually tapped the skill button separately for each individual attack in my mini-test. I also don’t see any difference in the frequency of Assault going off regardless of whether I tap the skill button each time or hold it down.

It would be great if the devs responded to this in more detail based on the information I provided, so that I could hopefully understand what’s happening a little better.

I just noticed that my client is still 1.6.0, and I can’t get it to the most recently patched version on my phone, so maybe that explains what’s going on… :confused:

(dev here)
If you have the latest version of Google play on your device you should be able to get the patch. If that fails, upload your data to the DQ account system and then uninstall the game. Restart your device
Clear your Google play store cache (Google play store cache For instructions)
Restart your device
Access Google play
Download dungeon quest again

Thanks a lot for the replies.

I don’t want to hijack that other guy’s thread, and we are having a discussion about this issue on two threads, so I thought it would be best to move the discussion to this single thread.

Phone model: Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000B
Android version: 4.1.2

From the “How to patch 1.63?” thread [quote=“tdaniel”]Hmmm that’s the original Galaxy note…I’m running a note 3 but I am not having those issues. What country is your play store based out of?[/quote]

[quote=“tdaniel”](dev here)
If you have the latest version of Google play on your device you should be able to get the patch. If that fails, upload your data to the DQ account system and then uninstall the game. Restart your device
Clear your Google play store cache (Google play store cache For instructions)
Restart your device
Access Google play
Download dungeon quest again[/quote]

I did what you suggested above, but it didn’t work. I still have client version 1.6.0 for DQ.

I have Google Play store build version 4.9.13. When I tap the ‘Build version’ field in the settings, I get a pop-up window that says “Google Play Store is up to date.”, so I assume I have the latest version of that.

I am in Thailand. I bought the phone here, and the store here in Thailand set up the Gmail account for my phone, and I use the credit card through my Thai bank to make Google Play store purchases, and those purchases show up in Thai currency. So I assume that Thailand is the country that my Google Play store is based out of.

Anything else you can think of that might help me get the latest patch?

Let me check on Google play and make sure we are live in Thailand (we should be) but I will double check.

This is a weird issue…we are live in Thailand and I cannot see any reason you cannot get the update on my end. Can you read the description on Google play and tell me the version number listed in the game details?

The version number for DQ on the Google Play Store is 1.6.3.0. Updated on October 5, 2014.

But my DQ client on my phone still says 1.6.0.

Is the issue possibly my phone, because it’s relatively ‘old’? I hope not - I’m rather attached to this phone and planned to use it for a few more years.

Anything else you can think of that would let me get the latest patch?

Have you tried to uninstall the game from your phone and then reinstall from the store? Upload your data to dq account BEFORE you uninstall!!!

Yes, I tried that, as you suggested earlier. I just now tried it again for the heck of it.

• Deleted the game from the phone
  • Restarted the phone
  • Cleared data and cache in Google Play Store
  • Restarted the phone
  • Installed DQ from Google Play Store

Result both times: Client version 1.6.0 :cry:

Any other ideas?

To be honest I have no idea. Version 1.6.0 isn’t even available on Google play any longer. I don’t understand how you are downloading this version. Can you get me a screen show of the “app info” for dungeon quest from your phone?

Um, maybe this has all been a big mistake on my part.

I see this every time I open the game, even after downloading the latest version from Google Play Store:

[attachment=1]Game screen.jpg[/attachment]

But since you asked me to take a screen shot of the app info, I did so, and I see this:

[attachment=0]App info.jpg[/attachment]

:astonished: :open_mouth: :confused:

I just assumed the game screen would show ‘client version 1.6.3’ if it had been updated to app version 1.6.3.0.

Uh, so I guess my ignorance explains that mystery.

So, um, back to the original issue, I guess - seems like Assault still doesn’t trigger anywhere CLOSE to 9 out of 10 times, even though I have a +92% chance to cast toss.

Ohhhh!! I forgot to change the in game version number! Ok I will make sure that gets updated. CSteiger will need to comment on the proc stuff, but I think he touched on the difference in another post.