Defiant

Can we get defiant by rerolling it?

1 Like

Defiant cannot be obtained via Amethyst.

1 Like

Does a Defiant works if you’re HP turns to 1 by using 100% Glasscannon?

1 Like

yes and no.

Defiant has a constant +25% Damage & Damage Reduction. this isn’t affected by your HP.
it’s +5% per Rank of your current missing HP that is affected by +100% Glasscannon. with only 1 HP, you will always be at 100% Health. which means if you go below 100% Health, you are dead and can’t do any damage at all.

Defiant against monsters with Thorns is nice, since Thorns lowers your HP, your damage & damage reduction go up.

if you have Sanctuary and it gets activated, you are at -90% HP for a few seconds, which means about +45% damage & damage reduction, until you heal.

with Defiant (5), if your HP is cut in half to 50%, you get +37.5% Damage & Damage Reduction. this is why Defiant & Masochism work well together, as Masochism keeps your Health around 50%. Masochism wouldn’t work with +100% Glasscannon either, as it will not reduce your HP below 1, so no damage from Masochism either, which requires your HP to be 75% or lower.

2 Likes

But the 1 HP by Glasscannon won’t work with Masochism, I’ve try that to equip but it doesn’t damage my HP itself like my HP is constant

1 Like

But which one is better Mr. Golem, 100 percent of Glasscannon or purely Masochism?

1 Like

The best thing to do is intentionally have glass cannon NOT maxed at 100%, like try 99%

2 Likes

I’ll try it later but I don’t know if what sets do I remove :joy:

1 Like

lets look at the math.

Defiant & 2x Glasscannon is 1.25 x 2 = 2.5x damage.

Defiant, 1 Glasscannon, 1 Barbarian or Push the Limit is 1.25 x 1.5 x 1.5 = 2.812.

with these 2 combinations, you don’t have to worry about your HP changing affecting your damage.

Defiant, Masochism, & 1 Glasscannon is 1.375 x 1.375 x 1.5 = 2.835. the damage will go up and down as your HP goes up and down, but Masochism works to keep your HP around 50%.

Defiant, Masochism, & 2 Glasscannon +75% is 1.375 x 1.375 x 1.75 = 3.308x damage.

Defiant, Masochism, 1 Glasscannon, 1 Barbarian or 1 Push the Limit is 1.375 x 1.375 x 1.5 x 1.5 = 4.253x damage.

with these 3 combinations, your damage will go up & down as your HP goes up and down, with Masochism working hard to keep your HP around 50%.

Edit: Barbarian & Push the Limit can’t be rolled with Ruby. only found on Loot.

2 Likes