Dickwads guide to block and dodge in arena

What is good about block and dodge is that you take a fewer punches and survive to the next round. But every round that you survive then both your own and opponents power increase. So eventually one punch may kill you

Block & Dodge means you take NO damage, where AR, Resist, and Damage Reduction only lower the damage. better for battles that have too many ties or a low HP Build.

1 Like

@Golem and @dickwad another alternative for Dodge and Block is Blind you can have it by using Vault from Rogue.

2 Likes

Vault is ace. And allows a speedy retreat :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can confirm :wink: .

2 Likes

using Vault to get out of bad situations while Blinding the enemy is pretty good, but I prefer Teleport because it can do damage and cause Elemental Crits. other than doing no damage, I like Vault for the mobility it provides me to get around. Vault would work well with a Proc Build. I actually prefer using Smoke Bomb as it causes Blindness and you Dodge the next attack. it all comes down to how you Craft your equipment.

3 Likes

Ggggrrrr… to many immortal summoners in the arena… how very rude lol

1 Like

will an Anti - Immortal Build work against an Immortal Summons Build? those Immortal Minions would make things interesting if they were summoned fast enough to help defend against an Anti - Immortal Build.

2 Likes

Or maybe an hybrid of immortal and anti immortal (which is what im doing) . Balance damage and defence . You dont want long fights for obvious reasons @Golem . But just enough regen to stay alive on a pretty poor defence. Works for me

1 Like

Summons are a law unto themselves. But any build affects them

1 Like

Will an anti immortal summon work against an immortal? Maybe :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I’m revising this guide and conclude that if you have insane damage but little defence then block and dodge is good. Consider a pathfinder set affix. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

something to think about.

Pathfinder (5) and 60% Dodge (Cap in PVE) gives +37.5% DMG and Damage Reduction in PVE.

Pathfinder (3) and 24% Dodge (Cap in PVP) gives +9% DMG and Damage Reduction in PVP.

1 Like

You could also throw epiphany into the formula.

@dickwad I am not sure, and could have done the math wrong, but with Epiphany (3) Dodge Cap would be 28%? and with Pathfinder (3) is now +11% (rounded up) DMG & Damage Reduction?

1 Like

I’m experimenting on another Summoner using epiphany and Summoner sets plus others. I want to see how far I can raise all stat caps including talents etc

2 Likes

I think if you max any affix in the arena it’s better than not maxing it at all. Doesn’t matter :sunglasses:

1 Like

Now if you are using Cerebral vortex in the arena then maybe block and dodge isn’t a good idea :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Cerebral Vortex, Overload, Terrashaper, Reflect Damage, and anything else. if it requires you to get hit to work, Dodge & Block just get in the way. Reflect DMG can make use of Dodge & Block with Redirect, but better to just have good Damage Reduction & Healing.

Here is my trick against ricochet camping rogues. Cast time warp with a CV item on build. Have enough regen to take a few hits. Let time warp slow bullets. Walk into the bullets then walk out of range hoping you don’t die. Let your torrents kill the enemy. @NUIQUE and @kiane_zaine and @HawkEye test this tip :sunglasses: @Mr_Hercules take a look. I hope @Mr_Scooty and @CuzegSpiked like this give away tactic.

3 Likes